Champions league 09-10

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
I agree, partly... It is team sport, that's for sure, but yes, i do think ManU lost due to Rafaels sending off...

It's not same when you concede goal in 74th miunte, and you play with one player extra, or minus one player. First that suffers is the morale, and this type of games, can't be won without moral. Another thing is, one less player is esensial in the attack, when the opposition has fast players and can hit on the counter... :)

That's why i think it woul've been different if he wasn't sent off.. i didn't say bayern wouldn't go trough or something, just that it would be much harder...

zanela

It's not same when you concede goal in 74th miunte, and you play with one player extra, or minus one player. First that suffers is the morale, and this type of games, can't be won without moral. Another thing is, one less player is esensial in the attack, when the opposition has fast players and can hit on the counter... :)

Then you haven't watched Barca this season. We came back with a man down on more than one occasion. :hooray:
Great teams rise to the occasion. Adversities tests your character, resilience and true ability and its what separtes good teams from the great ones. Its what makes champions.
If one sending off was gonna sink Manu's mighty ship then they are not worthy of progressing. They failed to protect their lead more than once and that was with all their available resources . So really, it's the team's collective failure and not one particular incident that did the damage.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
2nd leg team by Goal.com

Best Formation: 4-2-3-1

-------------Lloris---------------

Alves---Lucio--Ciani--Tremoulinas

---------Xavi-----Schweinsteiger

Robben-----Gourcuff--------Nani

------------Messi---------------

Beast

The Observer
not just Alves the whole thing is crap

anyhow it's interesting that 3 out of the 4 managers who reached the CL semi this year were employed for Barcelona before

Mourinho
Pep
Van Gaal

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Robben ahead of Valencia !!

it was an AMAZING goal.

but valencia has to be in there. he was fucking boss.

the goal aside, robben was anonymous. well I guess he did skin evra once, but that's about it.

the red card did lead to united's elimination, for sure they would have scored again had the kid stayed on the field, and bayern wouldn't have bossed possession and created so many chances, which they did mainly through ribery who had loads of space once his marker went off.

but it's only half the reason because it was still in their hands - the other half of the reason they went out was because fergie didn't make the correct changes. rooney should have been off at HT - he was basically immobile and his job had been done, but okay, he stayed on... but as soon as rafael got sent off he should have been subbed immediately, and fletcher should have stayed at right-back to mark ribery (o'shea let him have all the space in the world).

I can't say bayern deserved it, really. they were the better side in germany but united were the better side by far at OT until the sending off - and even then after the sending off they created the clearer chances. plus bayern got back into the tie with the most ridiculously flukey free-kick.

but they're through, which is the bottom line.

I'm hoping for a barca/lyon final.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
its disturbing :lol:

i agree with zan though, the mancs did not lose becasue of the red but bayern took the game from them, key moment in the game was olic's goal. and ferguson made some mistakes in subs again

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
man utd lost because of their arrogance of thinking that they can let bayern attack at whim with nothing actually coming out of it.

it was game over at 0-1 and 3-0 for them but they just invited too much pressure and paid heavily.

reminds me of our game vs chelsea last season.

Guardian

There's nothing better than Lyon - Barcelona final at Bernabeu!

Just imagine the faces of the madridistas there: the team that kicked their asses out of the tournament versus the team they hate the most. Wouldn't be that f'cking awesome? :):):)

Lyon - Barcelona at Bernabeu
Take that Madrid!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
sigh.

I am a culé, first and foremost.

I have various affections for various other teams on various levels, united obviously being the strongest of that bunch.

I don't see a problem with that.

you people obviously do.

which is funny, as nearly everyone here has at least two clubs that they support, yet I'm the only one who gets shit for it.

maybe I should just leave, because I've been putting up with this for two fucking years. it's EVERY FUCKING TIME I dare say anything positive about united. even remotely nice. WITHOUT FAIL you people leap all over me. and quite frankly if you haven't accepted me as a culé after two years then I doubt you ever will.

I come on this forum to relax after work and engage in discussion with fellow culés (and the occasional non-culé like beast or raed) but if they don't treat me with the same respect and camaraderie as I treat them, and constantly accuse me of basically being a traitor, then what the fuck am I doing here?

I don't need this shit.

fuck off.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It is not that they don't accept you as a cule, because everyone kisses your arse most of the time, so they obviously do accept you as a cule.

Though it may have to do with you putting man u as the good example in a post you are making. Say for example that Hargreaves is the most complete midfielder in the world!!! or when you are trying to make a point you use man u as the good or prime example of what your are trying to say, when there are 100 clubs you can use in examples.

It also may have to do with you exaggerating everything you say about them. Especially when people know the truth about their team and players.

This isn't a dig just how I perceive people thinking about you.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
sigh.

I am a culé, first and foremost.

I have various affections for various other teams on various levels, united obviously being the strongest of that bunch.

I don't see a problem with that.

you people obviously do.

which is funny, as nearly everyone here has at least two clubs that they support, yet I'm the only one who gets shit for it.

maybe I should just leave, because I've been putting up with this for two fucking years. it's EVERY FUCKING TIME I dare say anything positive about united. even remotely nice. WITHOUT FAIL you people leap all over me. and quite frankly if you haven't accepted me as a culé after two years then I doubt you ever will.

I come on this forum to relax after work and engage in discussion with fellow culés (and the occasional non-culé like beast or raed) but if they don't treat me with the same respect and camaraderie as I treat them, and constantly accuse me of basically being a traitor, then what the fuck am I doing here?

I don't need this shit.

fuck off.

Why are you upset? No one gave you shit.

Everyone knows I love Inter, so does Beast who loves L'OM and so on.

You probably get shit for it because you do post quite a lot and that Manchester United aren't very liked on this forum (which is weird to me).

Home of Barca Fans