Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I still fancy RM to go through, strangely enough.

Personally I'd prefer Utd to win (from a Barca perspective), but in the 2nd leg RM will do what they do best, counter attack at pace.

United won't go forward, if it stays drawn they progress, they'll do the same thing they did this game with minor tweaks for the better.

loozy

He was good. Nothing spectacular. Had a very good first half but he faded in the second. The game was more about two teams with comically bad CBs. You had Chygrynskiy and Rakytskyy on one side and Hummels (who was surprisingly poor tonight) and Santana on the other. You couldn't tell which one was worse. I'm a bit surprised we didn't see more goals.

Thanks for that :)

Povikas

Brandon
Disagree. They were not 'far superior'. They were better than United, but not anything special. United had their chances too.

They controlled the game. Because United had some runs towards the goal resulting in corners and bad misses from forwards doesn't mean it was even-steven draw.

Jenks

I still fancy RM to go through, strangely enough.

Personally I'd prefer Utd to win (from a Barca perspective), but in the 2nd leg RM will do what they do best, counter attack at pace.

United don't need to attack though. 0-0 would send them through.

N

Noldorin

Well played by Man United! Thoroughly deserved draw; could have easily been 2-2. Looking forward to the return leg; this one could go down to penalties I suspect...

Mr Hulot

Missed the game, heard Welbeck, Jones and De Gea in particular played well while Read Madrid dominated. Good game?

I thought Welbeck was good, in the way Pedro is always good in every match. De Gea was playing like he was ready to have a heart attack, but in the end he always made a good save and well, Jones was good in his defensive duties(corners, defending crosses) but he should not play as midfielder ever again.

Pepe Silvia

from someone who was leaning for united as the game went on, it was very clear to me that united got outclassed by rm and only got saved by degea. for better stretches of the match, rm were attacking at will and united looked confused. credit due to united for getting a very positive result in madrid, but in no way did they impress.

big_man

from someone who was leaning for united as the game went on, it was very clear to me that united got outclassed by rm and only got saved by degea. for better stretches of the match, rm were attacking at will and united looked confused. credit due to united for getting a very positive result in madrid, but in no way did they impress.

The mind boggles with some of the shit you read on here. They survived the onslaught in the first half(something Barca also struggle with) and played the second half to perfection. They had the best clear cut chances in the game, Van Persie's couple of misses and Giggs hesitation with his chance.
They also had to do this despite playing against 12 men with a disgusting referee who was doing everything within his powers to give Madrid every advantage they can get.

Mr Hulot

United players looked really confused and probably intimidated by Madrid. For me only Van Persie, Welbeck, Evra and Evans had a positive impact. However United played smartly and if they play with the same mindset ( let Madrid have the ball) in the second game I believe that they will have a good chance to go through. I cannot believe that so many good players that Manchester United has, will perform this badly again..

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

I agree. I thought they did were really poor in the first half, but they did step it up considerably in the second. With that said De Gea saved their day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans