Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana-Rama

Bayern eliminated ManUtd in 2010 and Real Madrid last season. And both Manchester and Real were stronger teams than they are now.
And someone is still wondering can they beat them? Hilarious stuff :lol:

united were quite poor in 09/10 season when we got beat bayern, we were heavily reliant on rooney after losing ronaldo and tevez, we won nothing apart from the league cup that season, we have far more attacking options now, it shows your lack of knowledge that you think we were better in 09/10 then we are now.....

Well I went to watch the game live, amazing atmosphere it shocked me how easily Bayern were able to stump Arsenals attacks and create chances without overcommitting, guys like Schweini and Kroos seemed to only be present when it was neccesary complete ruthlesnes by them tonight, what I said before happened, Walcott was dealt with by Alaba and Lahm bossed Podolski and guys like Arteta, Wilshere (whom played his heart out) and Santi all were way out of their depth tonight against a better midfield, only if chance for Arsenal is if Bayern become arrogant and underestimate Arsenal in the second leg

Ketoth

Why do people say the PL is on the decline?
Arsenal are 5th in the EPL. Are people trying to say Freiberg, Valencia, Inter (5th in Bundesliga, la liga and serie a respectively) are better than Arsenal?

Arsenal against Bayern, ofcourse the odds will be against the EPL. 5th against 1st.

Last edited:

Yugo Count Dante

Why do people say the PL is on the decline?
Arsenal are 5th in the EPL. Are people trying to say Freiberg, Valencia, Inter (5th in Bundesliga, la liga and serie a respectively) better than Arsenal?
Cause EPL is starting to get boring and full of low level football.

Can't remember one good match this season.

I don't get all this excitement about Bayern; every time I've seen them they're just... not amazing. They get the results, sure, but I don't feel as if they deserved them. They hardly created chances this game besides the goals, and Arsenal looked on par with them for quite a while. Bayern don't look like they could just rip apart a good team, or blind everyone with awe. Also, don't get all this Alaba hype. He was pretty average today.

That is the beauty of Bayerns performance tonight they knew they could minimal work and would still win. Alabas hype is pretty justifiable when he has stumped out every so called tough opponent (Walcott, Di Maria last season etc) Justifies the hype way more than Arsenals LB or any other in the premier league

DennyCrane

That is the beauty of Bayerns performance tonight they knew they could minimal work and would still win. Alabas hype is pretty justifiable when he has stumped out every so called tough opponent (Walcott, Di Maria last season etc) Justifies the hype way more than Arsenals LB or any other in the premier league

Slightly over the top. Yes, Bayern played this very smart. But when Arsenal had the momentum in the second half, Bayern came under quite some pressure. And if Giroud actually manages to score from point-blank range, the tie is completely open again. Bayern was smart and efficient, but not far superior for all intents and purposes.

Agree on Alaba though, guy is a beast.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Price of home ticket Arsenal vs Bayern Munich: 94 pounds
Price of Bayern Munich SEASON TICKET: 96 pounds
Criminals

Wow, I'd heard that tickets were cheap in Germany but that's almost giving them away. Not very surprised about the prices of Arsenal, they've got the most expensive football tickets in Europe (and the world?).

Paganinisrvnge

Slightly over the top. Yes, Bayern played this very smart. But when Arsenal had the momentum in the second half, Bayern came under quite some pressure. And if Giroud actually manages to score from point-blank range, the tie is completely open again. Bayern was smart and efficient, but not far superior for all intents and purposes.

Agree on Alaba though, guy is a beast.

2 away goals is still a great result. Even if Arsenal won 3-2, I would back Bayern to win 1-0 at home.

Kerrybai

Agreed, we do get ripped off in UK, although I've just paid £67 for a La Liga game v Levante in Apr.... not exactly cheap.

Match day tickets are expensive. Barca season ticket holders pray to their gods for tourists. It is strange but in a way visitors to Camp Nou subsidise the season ticket holders. It is only thanks to the enormous amount of "tourists" that the club can keep down the seson ticket prices.
While FC Barcelona have among the most expensive matchday tickets in the world with average prices over 70 euros (some 20-30 euros more than most premier league teams). The season tickes are among the cheapest in european top flight leagues. Starting at 100 euros going up to 1000 euros.

Kerrybai

Catalan fan, what I am trying to say is you should approach the season ticket holders and demand a hug. Perhaps they will give you some spare change ha.

Catalan Fan

Catalan fan, what I am trying to say is you should approach the season ticket holders and demand a hug. Perhaps they will give you some spare change ha.

Hahaha, I should ask Ryanair if I can take my lurcher and a few copies of the Big Issue ? :p

Joking aside, it's a privilege watching this Barca team play if am honest.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

2 away goals is still a great result. Even if Arsenal won 3-2, I would back Bayern to win 1-0 at home.

Definitely. But at least there'd be some excitement left, the result they got now is practically insurmountable.
To be honest, I'm more disappointed with Arsenal than impressed by Bayern: Playing well for 5 minutes - completely crumble after conceding - 15 minute swansong in the second half - getting booed from the home crowd who for the rest of the match stayed silent. This is embarrassing.
No matter what people say about Arsenal, I still remember them as a tough opponent and not as a laughingstock. And I'm far from being a fan.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Professional performance from Bayern. They knew how Arsenal would attack and they took full advantage of the early lapses in concentration. Close-to-ideal away performance from them.

Although I do believe that Man Utd vs Bayern today would be very close without any real favorite. Either team could beat the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans