Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallivanter

Bayern had 68% passes succeded and 44% possesion. Truly like Barca:pep:

They're not like Barca; they don't try to be. However, you should realise that Bayern does have, I belive, the second highest pass success rate in Europe and the third in the CL, just barely behind ManU.

As for the quality of the league, I think that Frankfurt, Hamburg, Mainz, and Schalke before their downward spiral could all compete for European spots in any league. Dortmund and Leverkusen certainly would, as it goes without saying. Plus, if clubs like Leverkusen or Valencia were in the PL, they would do some things differently, and just might have more monies to work with.

Ustari

Mou, res!
the problem is people are using bayern's league form as a barometer for how good they are, they have no high level competition in bundesliga apart from dortmund, they are coasting every week, the true test is in europe, they had the final in there own stadium last season and they bottled it against a team that finished 6th in the premier league, lets see how they do against a real team in the next round, i definitely don't see bayern winning the CL this season, not good enough in my opinion........

HAHAHA, such hypocrisy... Everyone knows that they are the worst UCL winners... :wave:

Waschdel

aside from bayern and dortmund the top 10 in bundesliga is just mediocre clubs with no money to spend, bayern should be dominating that league considering there overwhelming financial superiority, even dortmund are skint compared to bayern, i wouldn't pay too much attention to there league position to be honest, man united, real madrid, juventus, would be dominating that league just as comfortably this season...

Aside from Bayern and Dortmund we have teams like Frankfurt, Freiburg and Mainz that surely do not spend the money english teams are used to spend. So they have to do it with young players. You´re constantly arguing how much better the Barclays Premier League is compared to the Bundesliga.
Here is a statement from the red cafe (you should know that forum as Utd-fan) that sums up the difference between these two leagues:

"It's not just on the field where we are being left behind. The sight of those Bayern supporters turning that corner of the Emirates into a bustling, rowdy terrace with original songs, banners (including one taking the piss out of the Arsenal text a steward grass line), flares, young fans compared to the middle aged, middle class £62 crowd at the Emirates was equally depressing. I'm not particularly digging Arsenal out here, it's a problem right across English football although it is true that they suffer more than most.

Whilst we have alienated a generation and section of our core support with ridiculous ticket pricing, oppressive legislation, health and safety control agendas, in Germany they have nurtured and encouraged a generation of supporters to create something fantastic in the mutual interest of clubs and fans. Our fan culture gets trampled on, eroded and subjugated by the week.

Of course English fans won't see a penny of this billion pound Premiership contract, which will line the pockets of clubs, agents and players while supporters get hit harder and harder in the pocket to comply with FFP with UEFA and the PL. It's unsustainable."

German clubs and the Bundesliga as a whole might not have the money PL-clubs have. But they did not sell their pride and their roots.

Last edited:

Ustari

Mou, res!
Aside from Bayern and Dortmund we have teams like Frankfurt, Freiburg and Mainz that surely do not spend the money english teams are used to spend. So they have to do it with young players. Your constantly arguing how much better the Barclays Premier League is compared to the Bundesliga.
Here is a statement from the red cafe (you should know that forum as Utd-fan) that sums up the difference between these two leagues:

"It's not just on the field where we are being left behind. The sight of those Bayern supporters turning that corner of the Emirates into a bustling, rowdy terrace with original songs, banners (including one taking the piss out of the Arsenal text a steward grass line), flares, young fans compared to the middle aged, middle class £62 crowd at the Emirates was equally depressing. I'm not particularly digging Arsenal out here, it's a problem right across English football although it is true that they suffer more than most.

Whilst we have alienated a generation and section of our core support with ridiculous ticket pricing, oppressive legislation, health and safety control agendas, in Germany they have nurtured and encouraged a generation of supporters to create something fantastic in the mutual interest of clubs and fans. Our fan culture gets trampled on, eroded and subjugated by the week.

Of course English fans won't see a penny of this billion pound Premiership contract, which will line the pockets of clubs, agents and players while supporters get hit harder and harder in the pocket to comply with FFP with UEFA and the PL. It's unsustainable."

German clubs and the Bundesliga as a whole might not have the money PL-clubs have. But they did not sell their pride and their roots.

:worthy::party1:

oz187

Why do people say the PL is on the decline?

There's a fair few reasons for this:
Compared to the days when there were regularly 3 PL teams in the CL semis, yes the PL has declined. There used to be 4 teams competing for the league and competitive in the Premiership(Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal), this year it is a one horse race. Last year Man Utd and Man City got dumped out in the CL group stages, this year Man City and Chelsea got dumped out in the group stages. PL teams have consistently failed in the Europa league where Spanish teams have been very successful.

The best players in the world all play in Spain(Messi, Cristiano, Iniesta, Falcao, Xavi). Fifa world 11 was all La Liga players. Cristiano and Fabregas being two top talents leaving the Premiership for La Liga when supposedly the Premiership was meant to attract the best players, not lose them. Englands "golden generation" continually failing as well as age has meant the fall in prominence of the likes of Rooney, Gerard, and Lampard, which negatively affects perception of the entire league.

Man Utd used to have the highest revenue, now they are well below both Real and Barca, they were also outplayed in two CL finals by Barca(let's not forget their defeat to Bilbao last season). Bayern are increasingly strong financially. PSG are also spending big. Juventus are looking like club that could regain their status as a European force in the coming years. The PLs financial superiority has lost it's advantage(at least compared to other top clubs), remember when Chelsea were unique in spending big?

No one will say the PL is weak, it's competitive for sure. But it isn't dominant like many pundits like to espouse. The top 4 is comparable to the La Liga top 4. The next 4 teams are also comparable. The rest of the league is also comparable. Would anyone really say West Bromwich Albion who are 9th in the PL are better than the teams in La Liga?

Boris

Bayern plays very simplyfied football from what I've seen, simple passes, runs, shooting. But all that is perfect. Yesterday Arsenal was blown away. You can't fight an eleven players on your own, no matter how hard you try. Well, if I think about it, I may be wrong...if you are Ronaldinho or Messi.:p Bayern stood their ground and tactic, and Arsenal players did too much solo play. That's what makes the difference. Wilshere, Santi, Arteta, all trying to beat Bayern on their own.

voidable

Hello! My first post here. I was just browsing the AC Milan vs Barca game because I'm excited for it when I saw this thread. I really don't have any plans of joining this conversation but I saw some posts that really irks me.

I just want to say, as someone who watches all the games of Bayern, what they showed yesterday was a poor performance. It was not at their best. Sure, they delivered a win and 3 away goals but I know they can do better. There were a lot of mismatched passes and errors in the entire game. Bayern can get more than 3 away goals but they got arrogant and took it easy on the 2nd half.

Franck Ribery, one of their best players in the attack, did not play as good as he does in the Bundesliga. Bayern's strength is in the left wings. When Alaba and Ribery has a good game, they can be deadly. Yesterday, what we saw is mostly a display of Lahm and Mueller on the right. I don't know why.

Manuel Neuer's error is really bad. He should not have left his position and join the mob intercepting the ball. But, this does not mean he is a bad goalkeeper. It's just a mistake in calculation. Besides, Bastian Schweinsteiger was supposed to be marking Podolski but he failed to do that. It irritates me when a GK concedes and people just assume he is overrated. He's arrogant, that's 100% sure, but he turns up in games when Bayern needs him. With Neuer just standing on his box, Bayern defenders already feel calm.

Still, I am not complaining. Despite playing poorly, Bayern still showed class. If you notice, all their players, be it defenders, midfielders or striker, they all contribute to the attack and defense. You can see them marking their assigned men with gusto. Also, they played like a team, defend like a team and scored with a team effort.

If you notice their goals, the Kroos goal was a typical Kroos goal. People will think he got lucky there if they watch Bayern for the first time but no, I've seen him do that before. He's deadly at that pace if you leave him unmark. For the Mueller goal, if you notice in their Chelsea game last season, Bayern was not very good in corners. It was Mueller who scored in the 80th minute in a corner after so many tries before that. This season, in Bundesliga, I can see them trying to remedy that. They now play their strengths and they have better positioning. The Mandzukic goal was also deserved. The build up was great. You can also see the same build up play in their last few games. It's all thanks to Jupp.

I don't know why people assume Bayern got lucky in all 3 goals. If you get a goal once, there's a probability that it's a fluke. But 3 goals are saying a lot. If you play Bayern, you have to be really careful because they have lethal instinct. One small mistake will cause you a goal. Their Bundesliga rivals know that but if you see them play for the first time, it will look really easy and out of the blue.

To that person saying Bayern is overrated, I don't agree. When was Bayern given a recognition this season other than in this game? If they drew someone like Celtic or Malaga, I doubt people will be talking about them. They got lucky here because they drew a PL team. It's not their fault that media continue repeating their statistics which are all facts.

That being said, no matter how good this Bayern side is, their benchmark will always be Barca. You can see that in the interviews of their big bosses. They also respect ManUtd, Juventus and Real Madrid but it's Barca they want to emulate. There's nothing wrong with that. Barca is a model team. But then of course, they will never be Barca. They can become close to Barca but they will still have that German stamp in them.

Ok. I think I've said enough. Sorry, my English is bad.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

Glad you decided to post. You don't need to worry about few posts here. Usual trolls or epl fanboys that never watched anything but City or Chelsea besides Barca wouldn't know anything anyway. ;) We're trying to keep them out but you can't escape the ignorant altogether.

Ataraxia

I expected a draw and a much better performance from Arsenal. I mean just looking at the lineup, the teams are pretty close quality wise, Arsenal had a very good lineup so it's weird they show up that badly. But it's the usual problem of stubborn wenger (starting to get irritating) never trying to get a proper DM, and ofcourse his predictable game style.

Anyway regardless of the origin of Arsenal's problems, Bayern were awesome, and they look much more focused and cohesive than in previous years. Also the way they outran Arsenal out of all teams, just shows their dominance. You'de expect Arsenal to be the best at running and speedy game-styles, but they looked like a bunch of old men on the field, and it was all because of Bayern's dominance.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
So, two more lucky results and I'll be bloodly rich:

BDkZOQ5CIAAhW3u.jpg:large

PD: It is not mine. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans