Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidVillano1

Why is it that everytime a British team is knocked out it's always a conspiracy and other key decisions are always ignored?

Don't get me wrong I don't think it should have been a red card to Nani, but the rules give the referee an option to say he was spot on. Collina gave the referee an 8/10 for performance and everyone said he was one(if not the) best referee of all time.

What about the decisions that went against Real Madrid over the two legs?

* United scoring from a corner that never was;
* Penalty denied when Di Maria was barged in the back from Jones;
* Higuain goal ruled out;
* Rafael red card and clear penalty.

Same with the Chelsea vs Barcelona and Barcelona vs Arsenal ties. Many bad decisions like Abidal's sending off, Henry clear penalty, Ballack handball in box are ignored on the basis of the myth that 10,000 penalties were denied. Against Arsenal Messi had a goal wrongly ruled out in the first leg at 1-0, Arshavin handball in the box and the main one is that RVP should have seen a straight red card in the Nou Camp with a shocking stamp.

Media and the myths that arrive when a British team is beaten is annoying, sick of having to hear this nonsense over and over again from biased Brits.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't know about English teams but the main reason decisions that don't go Barca's way are not highlighted/remembered is because Barca win most of the time.

S

Smile

Now i'm back i just want to say what a joke that United/Madrid game was, last time i was here i was saying how United was probably the best team in the world right now, how this game was the 2 best teams in the world playing currently (since Madrid have just come of 2 back2back wins against Barca) and I'm glad United proved me right, was winning Madrid, making Madrid and their attacks (well what attacks?) look pathetic and I'm glad everyone else witnessed it up until that that corrupt WWE referee did what he did.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Tough luck Milan, came against a ruthless beast.

An amazing performance from Barca, one hundred percent flawless. Beautiful in all respects. Was watching with some cule friends and this meant a lot to them. I dare say this'll be a historic night for all cules. Congrats to all.

Worthy quarter finalists, along with Galatasaray. Altintop with a wonderful strike :wub:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gala made a surprise there. Schalke have been rising in form and should have nailed the tie even without Huntelaar.

DavidVillano1

Hoping for a draw something similar to this on Friday.

Barcelona vs PSG
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich
Dortmund vs Malaga/Porto
Juventus vs Galatasary

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Two great games, both with last minute goals. Watching the highlights, the other game seems to have been completely crazy.

I can't remember the last time there were so many great teams in the quarter finals, there'll be no easy opponents now.

DavidVillano1

Reason I want that draw is because I'd like to see 4 of the big 5 advance to the SF's rather than have a Schalke scenario.

Zlatan/Maxwell/Motta coming back to Camp Nou, Lucas going up against Alba. Not as easy as coming up against a Malaga/Gala but would expect Barca to be comfortable.

Dortmund vs Malaga/Porto would be a good footballing match. Not a massive fan of Juventus style so put them up against Gala and have one massive match with Real vs Bayern. Real have met Dortmund so ruled them out and Juventus are counter attacking like Real so Bayern was best option.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well I have 2 teams I'm supporting for the CL since my 2nd club went out with a huge whimper. Realistically, Real Madrid. My fantasy win, despite not really liking the club that much, is of course, Galatasaray. DROGBAAA!!

The draw should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans