Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

estranged

2nd leg at home doesn't really matter.. esp at this stage to madrid who beat united at old trafford in R-16 second leg.

It does matter in case the match goes to ET or Penalties, it's always best to be at home. For huge teams it shouldn't really matter but that Real win at Old Trafford would never have been had it been for that horrendous call, just look the 60 mins before that decision.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Thiago Silva will be a pain in the ass. They also got Sirigu who is in the form of his life.

PaulFCB

Banned
Drogba & Sneijder are new at Galatasaray, Burak in a good game can score.
They lost 1-0 in Manchester in the opening group game, I don't count the 2nd one played in November cause MU was qualified, but Galatasaray can surprise.

F

Frejsgodes

Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Burak Yilmaz. The two topscorers in the Champions League campaign.

Can't wait.

Garrus

For us, Playing against PSG is better than Galatasaray, Galatasaray's pitch is unplayable for our style, And we would have suffered against them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
^ And there's honestly not much of a difference between PSG and Galatasaray.

I wouldn't go that far. Ibra, Thiago Silva? Terim is a great coach but Carlo is a seasoned CL coach who already won the competition. Italian coach with number of former Serie A players who'll know how to play Catenaccio if needed.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
If Real and us win our respectively ties I wish we will face each other in semifinals.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Real and us win our respectively ties I wish we will face each other in semifinals.

I've seen comments on how players would prefer to face them in a 2 leg tie but I disagree.
We've seen against Milan how the team reacts when faced to now-or-never. Besides, our squad is more experienced and would cope better playing at such a high pressure match such as CL final. Also, we've already been beaten twice in two-legged ties by Madrid this season.

PearLBLacK

Banned
I wouldn't go that far. Ibra, Thiago Silva? Terim is a great coach but Carlo is a seasoned CL coach who already won the competition. Italian coach with number of former Serie A players who'll know how to play Catenaccio if needed.

They have big names but their play isn't as good as it sounds. Valencia almost and should've beat them imo, and lol at Ibra. He was a complete flop in the first leg. If they play to their potential, then yes you have a point but fact is they don't that much. Carlo knows what he's doing and he won't lose tactically as easy, but the team is still far from a cohesive unit.

Galatasaray have been okay as well, not that good and could've lost against Schalke, but they're also here on merit. I wouldn't write them off so easily.

Anyways I don't see why drawing Gala is much "luckier" than PSG to be considered another instance where we always get the "easy" opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans