Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, anyways.. First things first.
If we learned anything from Milan tie, it's to never underestimate your opponent. It's still a great draw, considering other opponents, but I don't think it'll be a walk in the park.

Damn Juve vs Bayern will be a epic tie, Cannot wait for the Ribery-Lichsteiner duel and obviously the midfield duel.
PSG will be tough canot write them off and same with Galatasaray they are capable of sucker punching any team

Stric

Anyways I don't see why drawing Gala is much "luckier" than PSG to be considered another instance where we always get the "easy" opponents.

I don't know why people were so quick to make a fuss about it. Madrid was clearly in the hardest group, while Barca had Benfica, Celtic and Spartak. :facepalm:

E

estranged

I agree, I don't get the overconfidence. I mean look at their squad, plus they have Carlito. And our defense has proven to be vulnerable against lesser opponents. Lets hope Tito's back by then.

PearLBLacK

Banned
The Germans will forget to man mark Pirlo, Marchisio will find some free space on the left flank, he'll hit a highball to Anelka who breaks the offside trap and shoots a rocket at Neuer, before taking off his shirt and doing that pose.

Stric

I'm kinda scared of PSG, but only because our team's recent dip in form. It's still too early to tell whether the 2nd leg against Milan will have marked a comeback in general and whether the team will keep on going with that intensity. If they keep it up, I believe we can make it to the semis. If they go back to how they were before the 2nd leg against Milan, then it's wide open.

Mr Hulot

If PSG adopts Milan's way of defending this could be a very tricky tie. Not playing well when having most of the possession and trying to create things is one thing, but defending behind the ball is so much easier. Lucas seems like a nightmare match-up for any of our full backs,especially Dani Alves. Against Valencia he played like a talented Theo Walcott. Anyway, I was hoping for Malaga, Gala, or even Dortmund, but there is no reason to complain. If we play with the same intensity that we played against Milan from the first minute of the first game, then we are favourites to go through..

Stric

Hypothetically, there's about 2 months and 4 more CL games to play to get to the final. And countless Liga games in between. That's more than enough time for the current adrenaline rush to wear off, and experience fluctuations in form and motivation. That's what I'm most worried about. When our team is in good form, motivated and goes all in, I believe they can beat anyone.

Paganinisrvnge

I think getting a win or at least scoring draw in the first leg in France is very important. It's been years since Barcelona lost a Champions League match at home.

E

estranged

According to wikipedia the Barca-PSG and Bayern-Juve games are on the same dates, nice going there morons, putting the best matches on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans