Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve don't have any world class strikers like Messi and Villa. I don't see them scoring 3-4 goals unless Bayern choke again. Especially considering Bayern's defensive record.

misterplatin

Bayern just showed that Juve is overestimated. They hardly had a chance to score, whereas Bayern could have scored more than 2 easily.
Pirlo was taken out of the match by the Bayern midfield and then there is not that much left. Bayern chokes only once a season and you´ve seen that already against Arsenal. I really don´t think Juve can beat Bayern 3:0 or 4:1 at home. It will be easier for Bayern than tonight. To be honest - I expect a draw or a Bayern win in the second leg.

I think it was more about Bayern being too good for Juve . Firstly Bayern is an efficient system (Even Juve is efficient ).Stats show you that they are a winning machine. On top of it Bayern is a team with 10 warriors who can play well with the ball too and a beast guarding the goal . This is a winning Combo and their modern players control the midfield just like Barca except that an individual holds on the ball even less .
Football is unpredictable so they might still lose at any stage but for me they are the best team in the world and deserve the CL .

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
-Juve's attack was completely isolated today, but I agree with Josh in saying that they have a chance if they go completely all out and Bayern happen to have a bad day.

-I do expect Bayern to win this tie though and right now the favorites for the CL are Bayern and Real Madrid (sadly).

-That Ibra offside goal pissed me off so much, and then Ancelotti had the nerve to complain about our penalty after the match.

-It's foolish to think that we are favorites even with Messi. In the CL, we are underdogs now. Even if our defense was fully fit, it's still unbelievably shaky and unreliable. But that's not even the worst of it as a lot of our best defenders are out injured and we are left with guys like Pique and Alves who are definitely suspect in defense. Alba is great, but even he isn't the best of defenders.

-If we do not shore up in defense over the summer transfer window and get our priorities straight (No neymar, correct and well fitted CB signing, great and young GK), then this golden era is on the decline. They can keep this era alive, but only if they sober up and realize how stupid some of these decisions are.

I can still see us winning the CL, especially once Messi returns. We do have the best midfield and attack in the world. They're going to have their work cut out for them carrying this defense though... it's not looking good atm...
Any word on when Puyol will be back? Any chance he can make it to the semis (provided we go through, of course)?

footyfan

Calma, calma
I'm gonna have finals at university at exactly the same times as all 4 semi-final games. North America and time-difference :shakeshead:

XaviMessiGirl

I'm gonna have finals at university at exactly the same times as all 4 semi-final games. North America and time-difference :shakeshead:

I feel your pain, I'm done with uni but now I have work (will find out in the next couple days if I have to work next Wednesday or not). When I was still in school, I actually got my professor to let me take an exam early so I wouldn't miss a Clasico - good thing I did too, it was the manita. :)

Richard.H

We certainly don't look very strong in the CL this season, but it's the CL and any team is capable of winning it. Last year our CL campaign I felt was much stronger and more promising, but last year still showed that the CL is controlled by intangibles like LUCK AND OPPORTUNITY. I still actually believe it will be an El Clasico final, which will be horrible for us. Over one leg, Mourinho has a much better chance at beating us. Anyway, that's just me foreshadowing lol. Bayern are too much of chokers and I believe the only way they will reach the finals is by beating Dortmund in the semis.

Obviously a dream scenario for us would be to go on to the semifinals and then face Dortmund, undoubtedly the weakest side when compared to RM and Bayern.

Last edited:

MoFroBo

Pirlo and Buffon were joke yesterday. Tie is stil alive, but it is pretty much clear already. Same for Barca-PSG tie, can't see PSG winning at Camp Nou, but hope is still there.

Hope semi-finals will be better.

TBF Alabas shot had a freak deflection which when it bounced had some crazy spin on it, cannot really blame him, as for Pirlo, he really seemed out his depth yesterday was suprised at how dominant Bayern were in midfield thought Vidal-Pirlo vs Schweini-Kroos/Gustavo would be more even.

Tie far from over a early goal and a bit of luck and Juve are back in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans