Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

0n0mat0p0eia

Agree.

I'd say Real are only the 5th best team left (behind Barca, Bayern, Juventus and maybe Dortmund), but they still have the best chance of knocking us out IMO.

Strangely, they do seem to have the 'Indian sign' over us. BUT, that's because they park the bus AND use tremendous speed on the break. They also get headed corners and the odd ronaldo free kick.

To my mind, the way to beat Real is a complete change in tactics, so that they play more like rayo did last week: not so much possession, let THEM come onto us, and we pick them off with breakaways - use their tactics on them.

The higher up the pitch their line is, the more likely Xavi can ping passes over the top/through the channels for Messi/Villa to run onto. = win.

Strangely, they do seem to have the 'Indian sign' over us. BUT, that's because they park the bus AND use tremendous speed on the break. They also get headed corners and the odd ronaldo free kick.

To my mind, the way to beat Real is a complete change in tactics, so that they play more like rayo did last week: not so much possession, let THEM come onto us, and we pick them off with breakaways - use their tactics on them.

The higher up the pitch their line is, the more likely Xavi can ping passes over the top/through the channels for Messi/Villa to run onto. = win.

We did pretty well against them in our first 2 home clasicos of the season without a complete change in tactics. Especially considering we had to play with Masch and Adriano at CB in the second one. And I can definitely see the lineup/tactics used against Milan in the 2nd leg, or something similar, working against Real.

A change in tactics might help though, especially in a game at the Bernabeu. They've been shit against teams that sat back and let them have the ball, like Man U.

ammarfcb

ze special one
753314397.jpg

:shakeshead:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
The 1st goal came in seconds, Buffon didn't play particularly well. They were just thoroughly outplayed & the no away goal will hurt.

They have there chance of winning at home, but 2-0 is a stretch.

Paganinisrvnge

Bayern are looking favorites to win it this year. Barcelona with a dreadful defense and now Messi injured places serious doubts on their hopes.

If Barcelona can get things figured out and stay healthy then they are favorites. If not, then it's between Bayern, Dortmund, and Real Madrid IMO. I can't see Juve overcoming Bayern now.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Also Vidal/Lichsteiner will be suspended for the 2nd leg, huge blow. But at least they know how to approach the game ie. all out.

ejuventus

Didn't expect Bayern to win so comfortably.
What happened to Juve?

Mr. Conte decided toward the end of last year to leave a 433 formation for this crap 352

352 is a module poor for ideas....it resulted good against poor teams of Serie A, but has been always lacking in big matches.....when opponents have good wings and make pressure.
All things that Bayern have got at the highest level, so the match we saw was just what I most expected and feared

Bayern are looking favorites to win it this year. Barcelona with a dreadful defense and now Messi injured places serious doubts on their hopes.

If Barcelona can get things figured out and stay healthy then they are favorites. If not, then it's between Bayern, Dortmund, and Real Madrid IMO. I can't see Juve overcoming Bayern now.

I'd say Barca will be favorites once Messi returns. The defense will be an issue though.

Waschdel

Didn't expect Bayern to win so comfortably.
What happened to Juve?

Bayern just showed that Juve is overestimated. They hardly had a chance to score, whereas Bayern could have scored more than 2 easily.
Pirlo was taken out of the match by the Bayern midfield and then there is not that much left. Bayern chokes only once a season and you´ve seen that already against Arsenal. I really don´t think Juve can beat Bayern 3:0 or 4:1 at home. It will be easier for Bayern than tonight. To be honest - I expect a draw or a Bayern win in the second leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans