Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

mourinho already afraid, making nonsense interpretation: "They are important absences for the next games," he said. "Ramos and Alonso can now play on Saturday [in the league], when they weren't going to but it complicates my plans for the second leg. When I saw the cards, what I had been thinking about doing [in the second leg] was ruined."

:lol:

also, there's no way that they will face any kind of punishment ...it's RM after all :)

PearLBLacK

Banned
I just agree with the handball case. The other two, no. Benzema's tackle was similar to Nani's. If one was a card, so should the other. Or neither. The explanation for the yc in burak is funny because he was fouled first. And one more thing, when Barça is favored, I always acknowledge it. Because I don't like to win like that, as I know how it feels to be on the other side. So, not every time is ridiculous when people claim it, because it does happen. I'm not blind to it. The biased, bad or whatever kind of refeering has to stop.

Also, 2 of your players forced yc on this game. This is beyond pathetic, shameful. Uefa said in 2011 they would be more severe with players who did this, but I doubt they will.

Benzema's foul is complex, it was a raised foot in a dangerous situation but he didn't catch the Turk as full-frontal as Nani did on Arbeloa. From the replay I see Benz raising his foot and the right side of his boot and shin connecting with the Turk's chest. At least that's how it looked to me and not full studs up or kicking the player in the face like it looked like in real time. Should've been a yellow card as for high foot, but from what I saw it wasn't as clear red card as Nani's, tbh.

The penalty call is like a said, should've/could've been a penalty had Burak not over complicated it for himself. He was fouled, but what the ref saw next was Burak theatrically throwing himself down. The first thing a ref would think is a dive, because there was no need for Burak to exaggerate the contact. So no that's not enough cause to say the ref was bent, but more that Burak shot himself in the foot.

The intentional yellow cards, what's the problem with that? Should Fifa also ban scoring own goals? We'll be without Alonso and Ramos in Istanbul and the only one it affects negatively is Real Madrid. And weren't yellow cards cleared after the QFs anyways?

tello

I'm still annoyed at Cakir. Man United made them completely impotent and then he does what he did. I really really really hope they get Bayern again.

I perfectly agree but let's mention that in the "Bayern again tie" o no matter whom they'll face next, the refereeing "mistake" should and must return in to their opponents favor cause otherwise would be in vane :angry:

F

Flavia

The intentional yellow cards, what's the problem with that? Should Fifa also ban scoring own goals? We'll be without Alonso and Ramos in Istanbul and the only one it affects negatively is Real Madrid. And weren't yellow cards cleared after the QFs anyways?
The yellow cards are not cleared, if ramos or alonso were to get one next match, they'd be out of semis first match. Hence why they forced it. uefa rules state that players who deliberately seek a booking can get a 2 match ban. Because it's against fair play. But I doubt they'll do anything about it. Hope I'm wrong, though. In 2010 these same 2 players were found guilty of this, in a game against ajax. One of the reasons for this rule now.

barcaboy15

The yellow cards are not cleared, if ramos or alonso were to get one next match, they'd be out of semis first match. Hence why they forced it. uefa rules state that players who deliberately seek a booking can get a 2 match ban. Because it's against fair play. But I doubt they'll do anything about it. Hope I'm wrong, though. In 2010 these same 2 players were found guilty of this, in a game against ajax. One of the reasons for this rule now.

That doesn't really make sense though.

Bookings are cleared after the quarters right? So the only way they would be suspended for the semi final first leg would be to get booked in the away match vs Galatasaray, so all they had to do to avoid that 100% is not play that game.

And they now won't play that game because of suspension, so there is no difference whatsoever... they will miss the second leg against Gala and have no chance of missing the semis, exactly how it would be if they didn't get booked - they have no advantage from doing this at all.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't think they get cleared after the quarters. If they were to get booked in the away leg they miss the semi.

That's just smart though IMO, they are through, i don't see the problem.

barcaboy15

I don't think they get cleared after the quarters. If they were to get booked in the away leg they miss the semi.

That's just smart though IMO, they are through, i don't see the problem.

No, you're not understanding what I wrote:blush:.

They only way they could miss the semis is being being booked in the second leg against Galatasaray so all they had to do was not play that game. They didn't need to be suspended for it, just not playing would have had the same outcome for them, ie - no chance of missing the semi final first leg.

So what they didn't wasn't smart, it was actually just stupid as gave them no added benefit at all. Just basically didn't make any difference, suspended or not suspended they just wouldn't have played the second leg and would have therefore definitely played the semis.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Yes but the bookings now clear them from onwards, so like you say if they didn't play next game or didn't go in hard or w/e to avoid getting a yellow, they could then get carded in the 1st leg of the semi & miss the 2nd semi. Now there isn't a possibility of that happening.

As it gets reset after the suspension of one game no?

F

Flavia

That doesn't really make sense though.

Bookings are cleared after the quarters right? So the only way they would be suspended for the semi final first leg would be to get booked in the away match vs Galatasaray, so all they had to do to avoid that 100% is not play that game.

And they now won't play that game because of suspension, so there is no difference whatsoever... they will miss the second leg against Gala and have no chance of missing the semis, exactly how it would be if they didn't get booked - they have no advantage from doing this at all.

Bookings aren't cleared anymore. So yes, they get the advantage of missing the 2nd leg, instead of risking getting a book on that 2nd leg and missing the semis 1st leg. Or getting a 3rd card on the semis 1st leg and missing the 2nd leg, or getting the yc on the semis 2nd leg and missing the final, if they make it.

They forced the card to get a clean slate. And that's what uefa said they'd punish if happened.

barcaboy15

Yes but the bookings now clear them from onwards, so like you say if they didn't play next game or didn't go in hard or w/e to avoid getting a yellow, they could then get carded in the 1st leg of the semi & miss the 2nd semi. Now there isn't a possibility of that happening.

As it gets reset after the suspension of one game no?

Bookings aren't cleared anymore. So yes, they get the advantage of missing the 2nd leg, instead of risking getting a book on that 2nd leg and missing the semis 1st leg. Or getting a 3rd card on the semis 1st leg and missing the 2nd leg, or getting the yc on the semis 2nd leg and missing the final, if they make it.

They forced the card to get a clean slate. And that's what uefa said they'd punish if happened.

Oh really?? My bad, I thought they had changed the rule because of all the suspensions last year and it's now cleared at the start of the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans