Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The Chelsea November curse strikes again. Even if Basel do well against English sides, to do the double over us is an excellent effort. They deserve it cause we've been pretty inconsistent.

True but your through to the KO rounds at the end of the day. KO rounds are a different story as you proved in 2012, so people laugh now but when Chelsea aren't half arsed and get into gear in a two legged situation Chelsea are always hard to beat.

F

Flavia

His play since he came back has been outstanding, best player on the team easily, i almost feel sorry for him coming back, he's a level above the rest.

Workrate is also better than everybody else aswell, he's a joy to watch since back.

Good to know :)
Hope he keeps it up.

footyfan

Calma, calma
no it doesn't, if dortmund win the last game napoli are out, doesn't matter if they beat arsenal, napoli's only hope now is that marseilles raises there game in the last fixture and gains an unlikely result, its napoli at home in the last game by the way.

If Dortmund win, and Napoli beats Arsenal 3-0; wouldn't they progress along with Dortmund on account of having a better goal differential in the 2 games they played vs Arsenal?

footyfan

Calma, calma
As I see it, if all 3 teams finish on 12 points:

Dortmund will definitely progress, they have a better goal differential in the 2 games vs Napoli, and they have scored more goals away from home in the 2 games vs Arsenal.

So it will be down to Napoli and Arsenal for second spot. Arsenal beat Napoli 2-0 at home, so if Napoli win 3-0 or better, they would go through in second place.

Edit: I think goal differentials is actually on all 6 direct clashes. So far Dortmund are 6-5, Arsenal are 4-2 and Napoli are 3-6, with a game to go Napoli vs Arsenal.

So a 3-0 win or better should see Napoli through.

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

As I see it, if all 3 teams finish on 12 points:

Dortmund will definitely progress, they have a better goal differential in the 2 games vs Napoli, and they have scored more goals away from home in the 2 games vs Arsenal.

So it will be down to Napoli and Arsenal for second spot. Arsenal beat Napoli 2-0 at home, so if Napoli win 3-0 or better, they would go through in second place.

right you are, i thought arsenal were already through for some reason, napoli need a massive performance in the last game...

BerkeleyBernie

His play since he came back has been outstanding, best player on the team easily, i almost feel sorry for him coming back, he's a level above the rest.

Workrate is also better than everybody else aswell, he's a joy to watch since back.

But that goal- OMG Celtic, really?!?! Kaka is standing alone, completely unmarked, in the middle of the 6 yard box, no defender even within 1 meter of him. No run, just standing there for several seconds before the corner is kicked. The ball comes to his head, still unmarked, he jumps up and places in goal. WTF??

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bayern dominating vs Moscow, 1-0 from Robben. They are somewhat struggling to get fluidity into their play, which if found could lead to several more deadly attacks. Thiago could sub in early during the 2nd half to provide that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans