Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Are the teams in Bundesliga capable of defending? :lol: 8 goals conceded against United. That's very poor...

I know, that's 1 team out of 38 but still, they're supposed to be a top team. And if you look at other statistics it's obvious how poor the defending is in that league.

So you think Bayern and Dortmund have poor defence?

pEllee

And Cavani with the winner! 2-1.

Well done PSG. Not the first time they've had to play with 10 men this season, and they still remain unbeaten.

Last edited:

Ghost

Looking at the other teams play, it has become very obvious to me that we are way way way too slow. Excruciatingly slow. Transitioning from defense to offense. Releasing the ball. Slow as a snail, we give the opposing players too much time to get into their positions, no wonder we can't penetrate.

Have you guys seen another team playing slower than we do?
Spot on.

As for your question (in bold): No, I haven't.

Banana-Rama

brilliant from united, our best performance of the season so far. leverkusen are terrible tho, they are the 3rd best team in germany apparently, we put 9 past them in two games :lol:

veryfatchocobo

This Kagawa-Rooney tandem is so good.... Rooney can do whatever he wants to do because Kagawa's passing accuracy is unbelievable.... Then again, Bayer Leverkusen defense is embarrassing Germany.

pEllee

I didn't watch the game but I'm guessing Phil Jones was playing in midfield? Every time United deliever top performances, he seems to play there.

veryfatchocobo

Looking at the other teams play, it has become very obvious to me that we are way way way too slow. Excruciatingly slow. Transitioning from defense to offense. Releasing the ball. Slow as a snail, we give the opposing players too much time to get into their positions, no wonder we can't penetrate.

Have you guys seen another team playing slower than we do?
That's pretty much our trademark though.... We were never a team to break on the counter even during our best years with Guardiola. Our game is based around moving the ball away from pressure and never forcing the ball forward like every other team does...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Shakhtar - Real Sociedad 4-0. Feel sorry for Sociedad, Shakhtar were on fire. The third goal was a beasty cannon from Douglas Costa, will post a gif of it later.

pEllee

Yeah, but tbh it was old man Giggs, on the week of his 40th birthday, who controlled the midfield.

Ye so I've been told now. However I'd like to believe Jones makes players like Giggs able to control the midfield. He's very mobile and he's got the work rate to cover for Giggs. Still quite the achievement, to deliever MOTM performances at that age.

veryfatchocobo

Is it bad that I feel that Real Sociedad were probably one of the teams that are part of that certain match fixing scandal last year? I mean, their manager last year left after the season. He had no reason to do that either. <_<

Unbiased United

Ye so I've been told now. However I'd like to believe Jones makes players like Giggs able to control the midfield. He's very mobile and he's got the work rate to cover for Giggs. Still quite the achievement, to deliever MOTM performances at that age.

Yeah very true dude, Giggs said as much in the after match interview.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's pretty much our trademark though.... We were never a team to break on the counter even during our best years with Guardiola. Our game is based around moving the ball away from pressure and never forcing the ball forward like every other team does...

I am fine with the fact that we are not as counter-centric as teams like BVB and RM, and I'd prefer that we keep our possession game, but that shouldn't mean we can't play counter or when opportunities for counter present themselves, we brush them aside and slow down and play our usual possession game.

Also, not just about playing counter, I thought we were quicker before in terms of releasing the ball, which enabled tiki-taka; nowadays every player is just holding onto the ball for too long, making their moves much more predictable and detectable. Gone are the quick one-twos, we just look so static these days.

Anyway, RM won and scored 3 goals with 10 players, we couldn't even score one to draw a team playing with 10 players. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans