Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I can't watch the video (something to do with copyright), but I don't remember Bayern playing Porto anytime within the past year... As for De Gea:

Ok, I watched the video around 2 minutes and felt it was an utter waste of my lifetime. Didn't see anything extraordinary and the video is horrible in terms of cutting, considering that it was supposed to focus on De Gea alone.

As you might recognize from my choice of words, I didn't limit your choice of matches to the year 2013. The Neuer video showed his performance against Porto in the second leg with Schalke. Up to this point, it was the most impressive display by any GK I've had the chance to witness (that includes any performance by the legendary Oliver Kahn). He saved against a header fired from a distance of less than 2 meters via flying karate kick ffs!

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Also I just notice, we completely neglected the two GK's ability to act as "last defender", meaning their ability to anticipate and intervene outside the penalty box. I guess even you would have to admit that no other GK compares to Neuer in that regard.

Maria

How on earth are this shower 2nd in Bundesliga.
Well City didn't do much better in CL after they won the PL..

That's pretty much our trademark though.... We were never a team to break on the counter even during our best years with Guardiola. Our game was based around moving the ball away from pressure and never forcing the ball forward like every other team does...

Fixed..This season we have probably scored the most counter-atacking goals in La Liga.

The hell are Matuidi and Matic doing in the nominations? The midfield choices are pretty meh in general, have to say...

No Javi Martinez and Busquets..:facepalm:

I didn't think Neuer was that good individually, he had a lot of games where he was sheltered by Bayern's title winning defense, and he did make some poor judgement calls, especially on corners.

This reminds me of what the fans from the other teams used to say and still say about Valdes..and yes, Neuer had a lot of games when he didn't had to do anything but when called upon he was superb. And as far the mistakes go, I don't think there's a GK in the world that doesn't do mistakes. But from Neuer I can't remember many this year(against Arsenal? and in 2 games with the german NT).

Last edited:

Alik

2ym8808.jpg

So basically the Bayern team, except for Silva, Messi, Ronaldo and Lewa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans