Champions League 2016/17

Pablo Escobar

Atletico choked in the first final but not sure why last year was a choke.

Atletico in the first final without Arda and Costa ( their 2 main men that season offensively ), Simeone was so desperate to play Costa that even if he knew that 99% he won't be able to, still sent him in all that was left was for Jurgen and Diego to play themselves in those games in the QF and F, also, next season they almost got shagged by a troubled Schalke squad in the 2nd leg at home but eventually made it thru with luck.

In the second final they choked, Griezmann carried the team to the final only to be the clown of the match and Oblak chocked at the penalties, with Juanfran, probable MOtM if he wouldn't have missed the penalty and Atletico would've won it.

We chocked against Chelsea in 2012, I can't call Inter a choke cause normally we would've made it past if it wasn't for Milito offside, Bojan's correct goal or the fact we were denied a clear penalty in the 1st leg too. Chelsea was choke, we had 2-0 and we were en route to a brilliant consecutive CL and we let them score then and put useless pressure on ourselves in the 2nd half, plus Messi chocked at that penalty Antoine style.

Mate we didn't choke vs Bayern. You don't get absolutely massacred when you choke.

We totally chocked against Milan in Athens.

Last edited:

Devils

Oh no, no, don't you roll them eyes and worry about my reading comprehension, I'm very aware of what you're trying to say. You hate teams who loose, guess that's why you became a Barca fan in the first place..
:messi:

You do realize though, that once all those behated teams who have once "choked" are eliminated early, you're left with the last 3 CL winners and with FC Rostov, Ludogorets, FC Basel as ther opponents etc?

*Lose

Where did I say I hate teams that lose? Where did I say I hate Juve, PSG, Chelsea, City, Arsenal? Who have all lost in the CL. Did I hate Barca too in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 too?

You seem to get pretty upset when people question the quality of German teams. And come raging to their defense whenever someone criticizes them. Maybe the past three years of getting humbled by Spanish teams is getting to you. :)

Here's the thing, Dortmund are dogshit in Europe. Even taking away the CL, they preformed one of the biggest choke jobs ever in history last season in the Europa League. It was pathetic.

Go ahead and debate that fact too. Surely you can come up with a good reason as to why a team that has a 4-1 aggregate lead collapsed and lost to Liverpool denies them as being European chokers. :lol:

"lol"

Obviously because you were taking about the final against Bayern and the quarter against RM.

If you were aware of their home results against RM, I really have a hard time grasping why the fuck you'd go on a pathetic rant about them choking against RM, hours before a group game - where they have a great record of late - against them.

I said it doesn't matter that Dortmund are missing as they are a shit team in Europe. It's not a pathetic rant, it's the truth.

I can call them chokers because recent history shows that. Just like I can say the same about Atletico.

Both of those teams are bottlers. And I want them to fuck off.

If you get pissed off by that, too bad.

Last edited:

Yannik

*Lose

Where did I say I hate teams that lose? Where did I say I hate Juve, PSG, Chelsea, City, Arsenal? Who have all lost in the CL. Did I hate Barca too in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 too?

You seem to get pretty upset when people question the quality of German teams. And come raging to their defense whenever someone critics them. Maybe the past three years of getting humbled by Spanish teams is getting to you. :)

Here's the thing, Dortmund are dogshit in Europe. Even taking away the CL, they preformed one of the biggest choke jobs ever in history last season in the Europa League. It was pathetic.

Go ahead and debate that fact too. Surely you can come up with a good reason as to why a team that has a 4-1 aggregate lead collapsed and lost to Liverpool denies them as being European chokers. :lol:

Keep going man, you're doing great. Guess that supporting "loosing teams" thing did indeed trigger you.
Yeah I'd say once these teams lose or, as you love to say "choke" again, - preferably to Real Madrid of course - you'd go on another vivid rant. :coffee:

Your rant seems to be of rather emotional nature than intellectual though. Everything you wrote diminishes in sense once you actually think logically about it. Have you not wondered why the whole thread is disagreeing with it? And have you ever considered that some of the greatest football clubs have won CL titles right after having endured a longer period of "choking" in said tournament previously? The bittersweet frustration after enduring pain is what makes the win in the end so extra amazing. I don't expect you to understand that. You'd be gone by the first struggles.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am at Signal Iduna Park right now proudly wearing my Barca jersey and jacket with a BVB scarf, I wish I knew how to upload photos directly from my phone, the atmosphere is amazing.

Pesky and annoying Real Madrid fans, I am pretty sure I heard them chanting "Puta Barca". Some of their fans and chants struck me as pretty fanatical. Almost like religious zealots chanting.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am at Signal Iduna Park right now proudly wearing my Barca jersey and jacket with a BVB scarf, I wish I knew how to upload photos directly from my phone, the atmosphere is amazing.

Pesky and annoying Real Madrid fans, I am pretty sure I heard them chanting "Puta Barca". Some of their fans and chants struck me as pretty fanatical. Almost like religious zealots chanting.

Enjoy it man!

Post some pics later ;)

Trickykid

Nice, man! Well, not so much about the Merengue scum, of course.
Enjoy anyhow.

Yannik

I'm jealous. Have fun and enjoy the atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Enjoy it man!

Post some pics later ;)

Thank you Bojan, Tricky and Yannik, will do!

Our CL game at Borussia Park in Gladbach tomorrow is only a stone throw away (on the Deutsche Bahn��), but the tickets are too expensive and that stadium is very hard to get to, otherwise I would be there too.

Devils

Keep going man, you're doping great. Guess that supporting "loosing teams" thing did indeed trigger you.
Yeah I'd say once these teams lose or to get out your favourite word "choke" again, - preferably to Real Madrid of course - you'd go on a vivid rant again. :coffee:

Your rant seems to be of rather emotional nature than intellectual. Everything you wrote diminishes in sense once you actually think about it. Have you ever considered that some of the greatest football clubs have won CL titles right after having endured a longer period of loosing (or to put your favourite vocaubalry in here - choking) in said tournament previously? The bittersweet frustration after enduring pain is what makes the win in the end so extra amazing. I don't expect you to understand that. You'd be gone by the first struggles.

:lol:

Oh come on now, you can't really talk about triggering people on a Barcaforum with the way you leap to defend German teams to the bitter straw when someone criticize them on here.

And also, who is actually triggered here? You go on about me hating every team that loses in the CL and how I would quit on the first sign of struggle. Yet you know nothing about me. So many assumptions and false accusiations from someone who claims to be triggering others. :)

Okay that's a fair point on about teams coming out through the rough and winning. Bayern did it in recent history and I can give them credit for that...So after Dortmund lost the CL final they crashed and burned in the following season, failed to qualify for the CL and made Europa league and then performed the biggest loss/choke/bottle/whatever jobs in European history last season.

All of this while at the end of every season selling some of their top players and enveloping themselves in a continuous rebuilding cycle.

K bro. You keep waiting for them to rise from the fire like a phoenix. I'll continue to label them for what they are.

Trickykid

Thank you Bojan, Tricky and Yannik, will do!

Our CL game at Borussia Park in Gladbach tomorrow is only a stone throw away (on the Deutsche Bahn��), but the tickets are too expensive and that stadium is very hard to get to, otherwise I would be there too.

Out of curiosity, what are you paying for tonight's ticket?

Devils

Ronaldo already throwing tantrums in the warm-up apparently.

The guy has been so gotten to. :lol:

I'm interested to see how he performs in the CL after all of this DECLINE talk that has been circulating this season.

Home of Barca Fans