Champions League 2017/18

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Now i feel that Juventus is the only chance for Madrid getting eliminated even with a 3-0 lead. That is how bad are the teams left in UCL, they are no match for RMA. You need a strong defense vs Madrid to have a chance to win, and Juventus is the strongest left in this competition...

I feel that madrid will struggle a lot tonight, i see a draw 2-2.

vlad

Liverpool have been underestimated by everyone this season, all I hear is that Liverpool have no chance vs Real or Bayern or City but I watch Liverpool every game and for sure on our day we can beat anyone, even Real.

City was robbed big time in both legs, lets not forget that

Jenks

I would love it if Liverpool, Roma or Sevilla win the CL, but do you really think that any team left in the CL has a chance against Real.

I think Liverpool could take Madrid's defence apart. The question is to what degree could they stop them at the other end.

Demog

Yeah, sure they were... Marginal officiating decisions always happen in big matches. At the end of the day, Liverpool won 5-1 on aggregate, won home and away against a team that many are saying is the best ever in England and frankly were deserving winners. Complaining about officials is sour grapes.

malvolio

interestingly out of the 4 teams left(let's say real and bayern are through), only bayern is on course to win the domestic league and they got the easiest route in the knockouts in besiktas and sevilla.

real, liverpool and roma have under performed in the league all year and they picked up some form in the last 2 months. so, as Morten said, are we prepared to give away the league and focus on winning the CL or we are just hunting trebles?

Stoichkov1

interestingly out of the 4 teams left(let's say real and bayern are through), only bayern is on course to win the domestic league and they got the easiest route in the knockouts in besiktas and sevilla.

real, liverpool and roma have under performed in the league all year and they picked up some form in the last 2 months. so, as Morten said, are we prepared to give away the league and focus on winning the CL or we are just hunting trebles?

With this team we won't win the CL anytime soon so unless you want to finish the season trophyless it's better if we focus on the league.

KingLeo10

With this team we won't win the CL anytime soon so unless you want to finish the season trophyless it's better if we focus on the league.

CL is a ruthless competition and the big clubs almost always make multiple finals/ win multiple cups before going into a dormant period.

Madrid didn't win this competition for 30+ years between the 60s and 98. Didn't win it for a decade in the 2000s and had 6 straight R of 16 exits.

United didn't make another CL final after their 99 treble year until 08, where they made 3 in 4 but lost 2 to one of the best club sides ever.

Bayern didn't win between 70s and 2001, and between 2001 and 2013.

Juve made 3 straight finals, losing 2 of them in 90s. And have lost 5 of their last 5 finals.

What Real is doing now is an anomaly and a combination of their talent, prioritization of the competition, and a decline in the level of top teams around.

Even with bringing in players over the summer, we have seen the end of the cycle that started with Ronaldinho and Messi (4 CLs in 10 years). We are done for the forseeable future until there's a whole new generation IMO.

vlad

Yeah, sure they were... Marginal officiating decisions always happen in big matches. At the end of the day, Liverpool won 5-1 on aggregate, won home and away against a team that many are saying is the best ever in England and frankly were deserving winners. Complaining about officials is sour grapes.

Well, should be 2:1 in the first match, and 2:0 for city at the half time, you would sing another song now

serghei

I think Liverpool could take Madrid's defence apart. The question is to what degree could they stop them at the other end.

Tbh, I'm gonna enjoy (at least moderately) the semifinals. Some interesting duels. Not even Roma is out of it. They are soaring with confidence now.

West Saxon

Nope, no way. Out of four 45-minute halves, City were the best in only one of them. They had 4 shots on target over 2 games. They were absolutely terrible, apart from the first half last night when Liverpool went behind early (to an arguably illegitimate goal) and lost their composure. As soon as Liverpool put their foot on the ball in the second half, there was only one winner. I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I'm glad they won. The better team won the tie, and City fans blaming the ref is just sour grapes (they're used to buying trophies, you see, and don't like it when teams stand up to them).

vlad

Nope, no way. Out of four 45-minute halves, City were the best in only one of them. They had 4 shots on target over 2 games. They were absolutely terrible, apart from the first half last night when Liverpool went behind early (to an arguably illegitimate goal) and lost their composure. As soon as Liverpool put their foot on the ball in the second half, there was only one winner. I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I'm glad they won. The better team won the tie, and City fans blaming the ref is just sour grapes (they're used to buying trophies, you see, and don't like it when teams stand up to them).

I dont care about city or liverpool, but the fact is liverpool scored from offside position in first leg, and city had legit goal which was dissalowed, thats 2:1, second leg, milner touched the ball wjich went to sane, 2:0, but offside was called.

Liverpool legend gerrard had most embarressing dive in CL final vs milan which lead them to additional time, so liverpool is used to such help from referee

Morten

Worth pointing out that Klopp has something of an awful record in finals, hope we draw Roma/Bayern if we go through today, tbh.

Home of Barca Fans