Champions League 2017/18

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The key to Real Madrid's success has been, in addition to sheer luck and injustice, that they seemed to be playing better away than at home.

We on the other hand just suck in away games and our level drops so much, except when it is at the Bernabeu.

FinBarcelonafan

Each time usually plays a certain style because of the opponent.
If you play against Barca, you will park 2 buses around the box and Barca is dead since we can't cross and we can't do shit through the middle anymore against this big boys.

When teams play against RM, they won't crowd the middle because RM will kill them on crosses.
So, teams need to cover way more different areas.

To some extent, since we are one dimensional, we are the easiest team to neutralize on a CL level.
You can buy 3 Xavis, it won't help if we'll play only through the middle with shortpasses against 2 buses around the box.
Especially when we'll lose Messi.
Imagine a team with 11 short players in a CL in 5 years against parked buses, lol.

0:3 every time.

So what is your solution then? What we have to change? Sell Messi and change the Barca dna of shortpassing?

Who would you buy? and sell?

BBZ8800

Parked bus? Did you watch the game today? Real was awful defensively. Can't call that parked bus.

Teams are parking a us against Barca usually.
Then we can't do anything.

That's what I wanted to say.
We can't break a parked bus due to our onedimensional pass-around-the-box style of play without a plan B.

RM on the other hand can win 10 CLs in a row with their multidimensional attack.
But hey, let's go back to our roots and to our DNA :lol:
(I am not talking to you this part, this is in general).

KingLeo10

The key to Real Madrid's success has been, in addition to sheer luck and injustice, that they seemed to be playing better away than at home.

We on the other hand just suck in away games and our level drops so much, except when it is at the Bernabeu.

that's how we won the 2015 CL. killed the city and psg games in the away leg. and 2 1st half counter goals at the allianz ended bayern's comeback hopes.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

We can't break a parked bus due to our onedimensional pass-around-the-box style of play without a plan B.

RM on the other hand can win 10 CLs in a row with their multidimensional attack.

Roma didn’t bus park, they played attacking football with a high line

FinBarcelonafan

But we didn't lose to Rome because they parked the bus. We lost because they weren't afraid to attack vs us. They took over the game, even at Camp Nou they weren't afraid. I think we have midfield, which is too slow defensively and offensively. We need fresh legs and better work rate in midfield.

Any team with quick legs and little finish can hurt us. Even Willian from Chelsea looked world beater vs us. Midfield just needs more legs..

BBZ8800

So what is your solution then? What we have to change? Sell Messi and change the Barca dna of shortpassing?

Who would you buy?

Buy 1 player who can be a plan B, who can play both shortpassing and headers.
So, NOT Griezmann, Messi, Dembele.

All you need is one Benzema type of a player.
How will that fit with Messi, well that is another story.

Again, just imagine our horror show next year in a CL with Dembele-Messi-Griezz against AM, Juve, Bayern, well, against everyone who can close us down through the middle.
To whom will Dembele cross? To Messi and Griezz?

CL quarters exit, here we come again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Again, just imagine our horror show next year in a CL with Dembele-Messi-Griezz against AM, Juve, Bayern, well, against everyone who can close us down through the middle.

Absolutely. We need to have a Plan B and utilize headers much better than we have. It is amazing how easy sometimes to see the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern to just keep crossing and crossing and the balls just kept finding the net with headers...

Our best player when it comes to headers is Pique (I think he is better than Suarez there), that says so much.

BBZ8800

But we didn't lose to Rome because they parked the bus. We lost because they weren't afraid to attack vs us. They took over the game, even at Camp Nou they weren't afraid. I think we have midfield, which is too slow defensively and offensively. We need fresh legs and better work rate in midfield.

We lost to Roma because we suck and didn't attack.
And then, if we attacked, if a team parks the bus, we suck again.

So, no matter whether we attack or not, we suck in the end because we are one dimensional.
So: if you close down Barca through the middle, we are dead.
If you close down RM through them middle, Benz and Cr7 will score 2-3 headers.

Do you see the difference?
The difference will be 3 CLs for RM in a row.

And as I have said, our fans are living in a dreamland with Barca's DNA and a famous 2009 and 2011.
That thing doesn't work anymore.

On a CL level you need counters and 2 dimensional play.
Barca has none of that.

Yannik

As easy as it would be, I can't just blame Ulreich, he was only planned as a backup and he was rightfully nervous and unexperienced in the first huge game he ever played in his life. I actually even feel sorry for him and I hope he isn't taking it too hard, such experiences can leave a devestating taste on you. But Lewandowski on the other hand pissed me off so much, fuck me in the ass.

KingLeo10

To be honest, that treble winning team was superior to this Madrid.

absolutely. post-anoeta 14/15 barca can take it to anyone, even pep's barca and the great milan sides. alves alba on top form as FBs, busquets iniesta xavi (supersub) rakitic (midfield steel back then), peak MSN with a RW demon messi.

have you ever seen a leaner messi? this is him v bilbao after THAT goal.
messi1.jpg

Last edited:

FCBfan22

That's why you need manager who recognises that. EV didn't recognise it going the other way, so we went out. You need players of both types.

For example, if you want to cross and hope, Paulinho is your guy.

Home of Barca Fans