Champions League 2017/18

FinBarcelonafan

Buy 1 player who can be a plan B, who can play both shortpassing and headers.
So, NOT Griezmann, Messi, Dembele.

All you need is one Benzema type of a player.
How will that fit with Messi, well that is another story.

Again, just imagine our horror show next year in a CL with Dembele-Messi-Griezz against AM, Juve, Bayern, well, against everyone who can close us down through the middle.
To whom will Dembele cross? To Messi and Griezz?

CL quarters exit, here we come again.

Who is good in shortpasses and headers? We need Ibra or what?

Suarez is ok with headers.

There's not many options for us, who is available and good enough.

serghei

As easy as it would be, I can't just blame Ulreich, he was only planned as a backup and he was rightfully nervous and unexperienced in the first huge game he ever played in his life. I actually even feel sorry for him and I hope he isn't taking it too hard, such experiences can leave a devestating taste on you. But Lewandowski on the other hand pissed me off so much, fuck me in the ass.

Tbh, only other time Bayern bottled it so hard was in 1999 final. If you're a Bayern fan, this has to sting as much as that game.

BBZ8800

Absolutely. We need to have a Plan B and utilize headers much better than we have. It is amazing how easy sometimes to see the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern to just keep crossing and crossing and the balls just kept finding the net with headers...

Thanks, that's my point.

We need both shortpasses and crosses.
In times when you can't create through the middle, RM and Bayern use crosses and create havoc in a box.

While Barca plays the same old action for 100 times in a row and ends with 2 shots on target in a CL knockout away matches.

FinBarcelonafan

absolutely. post-anoeta 14/15 barca can take it to anyone, even pep's barca and the great milan sides. alves alba on top form as FBs, busquets iniesta xavi (supersub) rakitic (midfield steel back then), peak MSN with a RW demon messi.

That was unbelievable team. It's real shame we got only one CL out of MSN.

BBZ8800

Who is good in shortpasses and headers? We need Ibra or what?

Suarez is ok with headers.

There's not many options for us, who is available and good enough.

If we have spent 150M on a raw winger who is a bench player currently, we could have splashed 150M on a star feet-header Cf also.

FCBfan22

Actually, I think our plan B should be Dembele and Coutinho providing crosses to Paulinho and Suarez in the box, while Messi is playing on the edge of the box.

FinBarcelonafan

Thanks, that's my point.

We need both shortpasses and crosses.
In times when you can't create through the middle, RM and Bayern use crosses and create havoc in a box.

While Barca plays the same old action for 100 times in a row and ends with 2 shots on target in a CL knockout away matches.

That's probably true but we can't change the whole identity of the team. We have too many small players already, who like to play shortpasses and so on.

Coutinho should help us vs parked busses because he has lethal kick.

FCBfan22

That's probably true but we can't change the whole identity of the team. We have too many small players already, who like to play shortpasses and so on.

Exactly. That's why i think the midfield of Eriksen and Coutinho would work. They are both leathal from distance.

serghei

You will have to defend Gomes to death on these boards and hype him as much as possible until he leaves the club. :wave:

Gomes is an exceptional player. At Valencia he basically ruined both Barca and Madrid, and his runs on the ball were as good as Iniesta's at his peak. That sort of thing?

Gomes is so good he'll dribble through Messi's tax statements and get them as clean as mother Teresa.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. That's why i think the midfield of Eriksen and Coutinho would work. They are both leathal from distance.

Coutinho and Eriksen would be just too much to handle for opponents. They can't mark everyone, Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Eriksen. How do you defend vs that? At the end you will always leave some space for one of them and then They will score.

BBZ8800

Ok, but then you also need to be prepared that we'll probably win 0 CLs with that style in the next 5-10 years, unless if we win it by insane luck.

On the other hand, let's hope that RM won't win more than 5 CLs in the next 10 years.

If you get my point?
The board isn't willing to turn the page at all.
Our latest signings are a new short player Arthur and a short attacker Griezz.

Rm must be laughing their asses off.
The same story when they lose in a CDR and we are happy about it.

To some extent, our board often lives in a history.
They are around 10-20 years late for changes and for adapting to a new era.

Home of Barca Fans