Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

malvolio

I think it is more down to Inzaghi maximising them, thus making them a better team.

There are a few excellent players on each line no doubt, but guys like Thuram who we could have gone for instead of Felix or 9m Inigo. Question is would Xavi have got the best out of him for example.
Yes, better suited to how they play. But also better bench with some seasoned players vs the kids we got.

serghei

Thats crazy. I think you saying that just speaks to how good of a job he is doing.

He is doing an excellent job and is an excellent manager. They also have a good team obviously, probably best squad in Serie A.

Very comparable to Barca, just a bit better team up front. Lautaro is a star player of a quality Barca doesn't have in its squad.

ajnotkeith

I think it is more down to Inzaghi maximising them, thus making them a better team.

There are a few excellent players on each line no doubt, but guys like Thuram who we could have gone for instead of Felix or 9m Inigo. Question is would Xavi have got the best out of him for example.
We have a manager who is so rigid in his belief about positional cones and slow buildup to the wing that we will never really be able to get the best out of any player except fast dribblers like Dembele.
It is not a coincidence all the players look useless when they come here because Xavi does not make a single adaptation to suit the team. They are just cones.

Birdy

I wonder why LL fanboys here are so fast to draw hasty conclusions that LL is not that bad, simply from a half that should have been 2-0 already, and where Inter totally dominated Pathetico

You should be more demanding about the football Pathetico plays.
The 3rd best team in LL deserves better football than the shitshow that obsolete manager puts forth at the highest stage

serghei

I wonder why LL fanboys here are so fast to draw hasty conclusions that LL is not that bad, simply from a half that should have been 2-0 already, and where Inter totally dominated Pathetico

The 3rd best team in LL deserves better football than the shitshow that obsolete manager puts forth at the highest stage

Atletico is 4th and Inter is the best in Italy. :lol:

The big surprise is if Atletico knocks them out.

Horatio

You're welcome
It is basically guaranteed they go through. This is not a joke team and they are way better than Atleti, who really are lucky they managed to keep the loss small.
I truly hope as I don’t want real to cruise to the final. Lautaro is one of my current fav players. But like dybala never see him make the move to premier.

ajnotkeith

Atletico is 4th and Inter is the best in Italy. :lol:

The big surprise is if Atletico knocks them out.
Inter would probably beat Girona and us easily too. Madrid is harder because the gap in squad quality might become too large, but if Madrid have injuries to their backline like now it's still very possible.

Morten

Inter is the best team In Serie A by some distance, Atletico is having a fairly rubbish season(whenever not playing us, that is) and is clinging onto 4th place.

serghei

Inter would probably beat Girona and us easily too. Madrid is harder because the gap in squad quality might become too large, but if Madrid have injuries to their backline like now it's still very possible.

First let's see them pass the Metropolitano test. One of the most difficult stadiums to play in in Europe as visiting team.

ajnotkeith

First let's see them pass the Metropolitano test. One of the most difficult stadiums to play in in Europe.
I don't think they will have any problems, but let's see.

Their team is hard to rattle. Their squad is experienced and Inzaghi has a very strong mentality.

Temptation

It's not even good defensive Football or an efficient counter attacking system with a compact low block.

It's just garbage.

serghei

I don't think they will have any problems, but let's see.

Their team is hard to rattle. Their squad is experienced and Inzaghi has a very strong mentality.

So is Madrid and they conceded 7 goals in 2 games there. Atletico are a different team at home in ties. Simple as that.

Porque

Yes, better suited to how they play. But also better bench with some seasoned players vs the kids we got.

Got kids because up until recently we had 8 injuries with 5 of those being key squad players (Inigo, Felix, Cancelo, Raphinha, Ferran) and up to 7 if we include young players but key players in Gavi and Pedri.

Better suited because Inzaghi has got the best out of his players. I'd imagine system players like Ferran, Raphinha, de Jong and Gundagon would look very very good under Inzaghi. Kounde better in defence too.

Not necessary arguing with you. Just pointing that the big difference is managerial.

Home of Barca Fans