Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

shit-ball. :lol:

Defensive managers of the game, great ones, add spice to the game. Simeone is a huge manager. Nobody likes to see 10 Pep copies, Klopp, and Pep kick it about.
When it works, yes, but theyve hit a ceiling and it isnt working anymore.
Their success was mainly during seasons where Oblak was undisputably the best GK in the world and bailing them out in many games. He isn't that anymore and that's mainly why they aren't successful playing this football.
They are going to fall if they don't evolve and start playing decent football and for that they probably need a new manager, Simeone has taken them as far as he can, despite his previous work being amazing.

Unless they are content with staying a Top 4 side, which is fine if they want that.

ajnotkeith

Yes, I expected this reply after i read what I wrote and fair enough. But again, something to be said about concistency. Things could look different next season. For barca it just takes not fudging up scouting next coach.
Imo Inter are going to stay top as long as they have Inzaghi, if they get some funds, they may become a superteam again. He loves the club too and probably wont leave.

The rest of their league is struggling a bit but I would say Serie A is becoming on par with Spain, slowly.

serghei

I don't think they are even close to a superteam at all. Had huge luck vs Barca last year, struggled vs Porto in last 16... Fecked it up in the league and finished miles away behind Napoli.

They need to beat some good teams in CL first. If they go to Atletico and dominate, that is gonna be impressive.

ajnotkeith

I don't think they are a superteam at all. Had huge luck vs Barca last year, struggled vs Porto in last 16... Fecked it up in the league and finished miles away behind Napoli.
They arent now, they dont have the quality to be, but if they get funding they certainly can be.

They are on the precipice of becoming a giant again.

ajnotkeith

Funding... Barca can be a superteam too with the proper funds.
We could be a superteam now. Dont be fooled by the teams performance under Xavi, they can play good football.

We need to make the right managerial appointments first then the board need to up their game, but its possible we can get back to the top soon.

ajnotkeith

If Inzaghi had 200m of levers to splash and the respective 600m wages Barca is offering,
then Inter would dominate European football for years

Wake up
I feel the most concerning thing is that we've spent nearly 200m on the attack (Ferran Raphinha Lewa Roque) and we still think that the attack needs to be replaced entirely.

The first priority for the new manager should be getting the most out of them.

Birdy

I feel the most concerning thing is that we've spent nearly 200m on the attack (Ferran Raphinha Lewa Roque) and we still think that the attack needs to be replaced entirely.

100%.
A top manager would be able to do that.
Add Ansu to the list as well

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

That is indeed sad, god damn they are useless and we didn't learn nada from all the mistakes in the market the last 10 years :rolleyes:

ajnotkeith

100%.
A top manager would be able to do that.
Add Ansu to the list as well
Also says something about organisation of funds. We have to be smart with that money, we aren't a state-owned club.
Our most differential players in the attack the last 2 seasons have been Dembele and Yamal, two fast dribbling 1v1 types, and we sign Ferran, Raphinha and Roque, 3 guys who are associative and less individual, and Felix, who is probably the least able 1v1 dribbler of all of them. Just doesnt seem like the recruitment had any plan whatsoever.

Probably would have had a similar attack spending nothing and just buying a striker/Lewa, keeping Dembele.

KingLeo10

Inzaghi is clearly quality but easy on the simping lads. You guys are painting him like he's the next Rinus Michels, Arrigo Sacchi or Pep Guardiola :lol:

Allegri 7-8 years ago eliminated RM, MSN Barca, gave Pep's Bayern hell, and held his own v MSN Barca 2015 and RM 2017. Much bigger accomplishments than what Inzaghi has managed in CL thus far, on similar budget constraints (to be fair, less budget constraints but Inter but they were not big spenders in the market).

Let's see how he evolves and what he wins.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Inzaghi is clearly quality but easy on the simping lads. You guys are painting him like he's the next Rinus Michels, Arrigo Sacchi or Pep Guardiola :lol:

Allegri 7-8 years ago eliminated RM, MSN Barca, gave Pep's Bayern hell, and held his own v MSN Barca 2015 and RM 2017. Much bigger accomplishments than what Inzaghi has managed in CL thus far, on similar budget constraints (to be fair, less budget constraints but Inter but they were not big spenders in the market).

Let's see how he evolves and what he wins.

Allegri had far better teams tbf. Guys like Vidal, Marchisio in their primes. Chiellini in his prime, a very good and ascending Pogba, Bonucci was very good back then as well, not to forget Buffon in goal and they were able to sign guys like Higuain, Dybala for significant amounts considering how much Italy were struggling back then.

To me Inzaghi seems far more adapatable than Allegri ever was, but you never know what's going to happen in a couple of years. Should have won the CL final last year too tbh.

Either way it shows that even this Barcelona squad can perform much better in Europe with a very good manager.

Home of Barca Fans