Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

V

VaVaVoom

Well the english teams seem to buy the hype then by parking it. Why dont they go for the kill if we aint all that? I could throw at you a stupid stat like you couldnt score in 4 games against Villareal. What would you make out of it?

Meh:p

We were going through a rough patch around that time :cussing:
Plus they weren't exactly must win games.

gazza

Berbatov has been a waste of space and money.
Talking to two Man utd fans a couple of weeks ago and they were very scathing of his overall contribution to the team.( cannot remember who they compared him to just that he cost 25 million a few yrs ago ).
Would be more concerned if Tevez played the whole match.

V

VaVaVoom

Berbatov has been a waste of space and money.
Talking to two Man utd fans a couple of weeks ago and they were very scathing of his overall contribution to the team.( cannot remember who they compared him to just that he cost 25 million a few yrs ago ).
Would be more concerned if Tevez played the whole match.

You're dead right, Berbatov hasn't had the best of seasons. That other player is probably Veron?

Berabtov has been pretty good the last few games TBF. He was class against Man City in the derby on sunday.

I'd like Tevez to start myself, he's playing well and his energy would be good for this game.

------------------Vds----------------

O'Shea-------Rio--------Vidic-----Evra

-----------------Carrick--------------
-------Anderson-------- -Giggs*------

Ronaldo-------------------------Rooney
-----------------Tevez----------------

I'd like to see this team start.

* Either Giggs or Scholes to partner Carrick and Anderson in the middle.

Evil

Shabazz
that's a sick team .....

I don't mean to sound like a pesemist, but if both Iniesta and Henry don't make it in time, then our chances are very slim to even zero. This really sucks, all they're missing is Fletcher ?! :banghead:

gazza

You're dead right, Berbatov hasn't had the best of seasons. That other player is probably Veron?

Berabtov has been pretty good the last few games TBF. He was class against Man City in the derby on sunday.

I'd like Tevez to start myself, he's playing well and his energy would be good for this game.

------------------Vds----------------

O'Shea-------Rio--------Vidic-----Evra

-----------------Carrick--------------
-------Anderson-------- -Giggs*------

Ronaldo-------------------------Rooney
-----------------Tevez----------------

I'd like to see this team start.

* Either Giggs or Scholes to partner Carrick and Anderson in the middle.

Yeah Veron ! what do you think to Anderson ?
The Man utd fans i was talking to believe Rooney will eventually play in the Scholes role do you agree ?

V

VaVaVoom

Yeah Veron ! what do you think to Anderson ?
The Man utd fans i was talking to believe Rooney will eventually play in the Scholes role do you agree ?

Anderson was brilliant last season, he had kept Gerrard and Fabragas quiet in the games we played them. But this season i really had my doubts about him. His passing and negative play had people calling for his head..... but the last 2months he's been back to last seasons form and I think Fergie will start him. He has alot of bite and can pick a pass.

On the United forum I'm on we had this thread about playing Rooney in the attacking midfield role that Scholes was so good at. Alot of people think he has attacking midfielder writting all over him but alot think his temper could be a problem, some think he'd get sent off too much.
But I can see where there coming from, his passing and link-up play and his long range shooting is very Scholes like.

I think he's best position is just off the leading striker, he likes to drop back into midfield and get involved in the build up play ( thats probably why people think he'd make a good attacking midfilder). He isn't greedy and sets up alot of our attacks.

Do you think you'll mark Ronaldo out of the game or will ye play your own game? Because if he has space he's our most dangerous player by far.

gazza

Anderson was brilliant last season, he had kept Gerrard and Fabragas quiet in the games we played them. But this season i really had my doubts about him. His passing and negative play had people calling for his head..... but the last 2months he's been back to last seasons form and I think Fergie will start him. He has alot of bite and can pick a pass.

On the United forum I'm on we had this thread about playing Rooney in the attacking midfield role that Scholes was so good at. Alot of people think he has attacking midfielder writting all over him but alot think his temper could be a problem, some think he'd get sent off too much.
But I can see where there coming from, his passing and link-up play and his long range shooting is very Scholes like.

I think he's best position is just off the leading striker, he likes to drop back into midfield and get involved in the build up play ( thats probably why people think he'd make a good attacking midfilder). He isn't greedy and sets up alot of our attacks.

Do you think you'll mark Ronaldo out of the game or will ye play your own game? Because if he has space he's our most dangerous player by far.

Yeah i like Rooney very unselfish.

Don't think we know how to play any other game to be honest than our own.
Our backline at this moment in time is up in the air we ain't a clue who will be playing where ARGH !
Alves and Abidal are big big losses for us.:(
So to answer your question about marking Ronaldo out of the game i ain't a clue lol.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
that's a sick team .....

I don't mean to sound like a pesemist, but if both Iniesta and Henry don't make it in time, then our chances are very slim to even zero. This really sucks, all they're missing is Fletcher ?! :banghead:
Why? Anderson immediately looses possession, O'shea is a liability imo, Evra hasn't been good recent months and Giggs/Scholes i don't fear

So they might have a better offense, i think their defence IN GENERAL (cause rio & vidic are clearly superb) is not as though as Chelsea's in general. it just sucks that we have to miss alves and abidal.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if no new injuries crop up and iniesta and rio recover on-time the CL lineups will be thus.

valdes
puyol, pique, caceres, sylvinho
xavi, yaya, keita
messi, eto'o, iniesta

van der sar
o'shea, rio, vidic, evra
carrick, giggs, anderson
park, ronaldo, rooney

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
if no new injuries crop up and iniesta and rio recover on-time the CL lineups will be thus.

valdes
puyol, pique, caceres, sylvinho
xavi, yaya, keita
messi, eto'o, iniesta

van der sar
o'shea, rio, vidic, evra
carrick, giggs, anderson
park, ronaldo, rooney

Henry?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Eto'o really needs to be motivated for this game. A focused and motivated Eto'o is LETHAL.

But if he is off in the summer and sulks and lacks motivation then you have a major, major problem. Why because he is a world class striker whatever anyone thinks of him and you need his cutting edge in rome.

maz

I walk the line
Eto'o really needs to be motivated for this game. A focused and motivated Eto'o is LETHAL.

But if he is off in the summer and sulks and lacks motivation then you have a major, major problem. Why because he is a world class striker whatever anyone thinks of him and you need his cutting edge in rome.

Having said that, he still offers alot of hustling from the front even when he isnt scoring. :etoo: . I hope he manages to score...he has completely lost his touch but im sure united will give him more space than chelsea..i really feel he will score.

Home of Barca Fans