Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

MJ BarcaFan

What a night! What a game! What a celebration!!!!! Fantastic game from Barca... all that possession and ball rotations are amazing! Well done Barca !!!!!!

That perfect pass from Xavi which lead to Messi goal just killed the game for Man U. Xavi lobbed it to Messi with just the right amount of height for Leo to head on. PERFECT! Eto'o goal was also class and gave momentum to the team.

Overall Barca played brilliantly and most importantly we played our game. What a performance from Iniesta... just great mazy runs and excellent ball control from him. Nothing beats Xavi-Iniesta combo in midfield!!!!!!

Our defense was solid, I couldn't ask for more from them lead by our Captain Puyol... who is a true leader on the pitch. Pique was exemplary and performed to his best. Great great great!

The trophy presentation was great and the whole atmosphere. Well done to Rome CL Final organizers!

No doubt it's Messi over Ronaldo now :)

Pep is the true Special One !

Visca Barca !!!!!!!

Last edited:
I

IAIA

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm italian and i was at the stadium for barca team yesterday..I screamed a lot with spanish fans ...you are so funny :flagvl8:
go barcaaaaa
iaia

Guardian

This is the best Barca team I've ever seen. Actually it's the best team in the history of football I've ever seen. In fact it's the best sporting team I've ever seen. And no I'm not exaggerating.

7 out of the first 11 players in the final were Barca youth products, even the manager is Barcelonista. The attacking style, the phenomenal players, the sound victories over Madrid, United, Bayern, Lyon...the great goals, the faith's hand in the game with Chelsea...it was all perfect for Barca. I don't think of any cule who could dream of a better season. Barca scored like 150 goals, Messi maybe is the next Golden Ball winner, he formed another Barca phenomenal trident along with Henry and Eto'o, Xavi, who deserves the Golden Ball as well, Iniesta, Piquenbauer, there is no words in the world that can describe this team.

Barca proved that football is not only money, from all players in the final, Barca paid big money for Henry and Eto'o. Real Madrid wasted millions on Gago, Diarra, Sneijder, Robben, Huntelaar etc., but never looked like a team. Barca proved that you can win the league without anti-football, Chelsea and United success was based on solid defence and a star player. I really couldn't think for a more perfect team than this. Well done, Laporta, the greatest Barca president ever, well done Guardiola, the greatest Barca manager ever and well done Barca boys, the greatest Dream team ever.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is the best Barca team I've ever seen. Actually it's the best team in the history of football I've ever seen. In fact it's the best sporting team I've ever seen. And no I'm not exaggerating.

7 out of the first 11 players in the final were Barca youth products, even the manager is Barcelonista. The attacking style, the phenomenal players, the sound victories over Madrid, United, Bayern, Lyon...the great goals, the faith's hand in the game with Chelsea...it was all perfect for Barca. I don't think of any cule who could dream of a better season. Barca scored like 150 goals, Messi maybe is the next Golden Ball winner, he formed another Barca phenomenal trident along with Henry and Eto'o, Xavi, who deserves the Golden Ball as well, Iniesta, Piquenbauer, there is no words in the world that can describe this team.

Barca proved that football is not only money, from all players in the final, Barca paid big money for Henry and Eto'o. Real Madrid wasted millions on Gago, Diarra, Sneijder, Robben, Huntelaar etc., but never looked like a team. Barca proved that you can win the league without anti-football, Chelsea and United success was based on solid defence and a star player. I really couldn't think for a more perfect team than this. Well done, Laporta, the greatest Barca president ever, well done Guardiola, the greatest Barca manager ever and well done Barca boys, the greatest Dream team ever.

:goodpost:

beef-supreme

:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
also a bit funny for all the mancs that came here and said we didn't have a plan B and they did. :D We left plan A and just went for plan B. Manchester only could come up with plan Shite.

Fourteen

Monster Masch

Get in there son!

JALJM

Not to take anything away from previous treble winners, but to win all three competitions with such style & dominance....amazing
Best team of my lifetime, and it's my team!!! :flagvl8:

B

Barca_mad

What a night!
We have proved to europe that we are the real champions of europe!

B

Big Col

This was a truly outstanding display, Xavi and Iniesta were exceptional, why do these players never get mentioned as world player of the year? Busquets was also incredible, and Puyol was a warrior with the heart and soul of a lion.

I'm immensely proud.

Heath Newton

bear...sore head...not me...much.

Congrats to one and all.:worthy:

The (comfortably) better team won on the night,and the lack of resistance we showed was pitiful.

i couldn't/wouldn't wish to lose to a (atm) better and more deserving club and team of players.

i'll get into "hows" and "whys" and "what i thinks" in other posts,and every one of them will be irrelevant.

enjoy this to the max,you know how special it is,and to have done it in an exemplary fashion speaks volumes about the club.

i know what it feels like the morning after a treble,and my god it's good so sit back,safe in the knowledge that not only do you support the best football team on the planet,but that they've proved it too,in the best way,on the biggest stage,against probably the toughest opposition (though not on the night).:wave:

if puyol had scored with his chance,i think a few of you might have actually exploded too...:D...some with excitement,some with disbelief.

not a single poor performer imo,and he'll probably get no mentions over here,but for a "perceived" weakness busquets played his part brilliantly.

men vs boys last night.

congrats again.

Home of Barca Fans