Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

Heath Newton

But this time the boys won imo

maybe,but it didn't half look the other way round.

plus,as the post office adverts over here say...

I SAW THIS AND THOUGHT OF YOU

superlatives.jpg

even the colours are right for ya !!

F

FCB_Titi_LB

a comment on bbc site on the final on man u :
"Be careful what you wish for! In December when Man United had conquered the world in Tokyo, the chant of "bring on the martians" rang out. Well, last night it looked as if football from another planet had indeed arrived and it was in a different class to what Man United could offer."

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I imagine it was an ironic statement suggesting that they'd beaten the world so now they needed to play teams from other planets to test themselves (martian = from mars).

nebeer

Love is All
Congrats to one and all.:worthy:

The (comfortably) better team won on the night,and the lack of resistance we showed was pitiful.

i couldn't/wouldn't wish to lose to a (atm) better and more deserving club and team of players.

i'll get into "hows" and "whys" and "what i thinks" in other posts,and every one of them will be irrelevant.

enjoy this to the max,you know how special it is,and to have done it in an exemplary fashion speaks volumes about the club.

i know what it feels like the morning after a treble,and my god it's good so sit back,safe in the knowledge that not only do you support the best football team on the planet,but that they've proved it too,in the best way,on the biggest stage,against probably the toughest opposition (though not on the night).:wave:

if puyol had scored with his chance,i think a few of you might have actually exploded too...:D...some with excitement,some with disbelief.

not a single poor performer imo,and he'll probably get no mentions over here,but for a "perceived" weakness busquets played his part brilliantly.

men vs boys last night.

congrats again.

Thanks Heath, it's so nice of you. :)

thierry14henry

united really sucked in this game. 9/10 of their outfeilf players were horrible. VDS was brilliant and Ronaldo was United's only threat, actually even the only person that actually did something for united

Kubala

El triplete!

An astonishing end to an incredible season, an eternal memory from the eternal city.
I, like i'm sure most of you, awaited last night with a certain amount of trepidation, mindful of important injuries and suspensions, but what happened was the fulfillment of all our footballing fantasies.

I'm so pleased that we not only won, but wowed the footballing world in doing so. Hopefully, teams around the globe will now want to emulate us and play the beautifull game beautifully, to create rather than destroy, to entertain as opposed to being efficient.

The best final for years won by the best team on the planet and making first rate opponents look as though they wern't entirely sure what sport it was they were engaged in. I've never seen so many international players looking at each other unable to register what was happening as Manchester last night. Even the United bench were totally flumoxed, unable to believe what their own eyes were relaying to them.

King Pep showed inspiration by withdrawing Messi into midfield, helping Barca dominate possession, but also keeping Leo from getting frustrated and enabling him to have an impact.

The usual trio will get many deserved plaudits but a special mention is in order for the following players;

Silvinho - Tireless, faultless and attacked with verve and skill.
Puyol - Captain Marvel, organised, brave, clever and dashing in attack.
Eto'o - Much maligned of late, I was one of many who doubted he would ever recover his form of old, but boy was I wrong! His goal changed the whole evening as we started so nervously, United swamping us for the first nine minutes before that immaculate conversion. Granted, imperious play by Sant Andres to provide Sammy with the ball, but there was so much left to do. Sammy's brilliant cut-back and swift finish was something only two or three strikers in the world can cunjure, especially against a defender like Vidic. Great players do it on the greatest of stages, and with two goals in two seperate Champions league finals ( both match changing strikes) Samuel has cemented his place as an all-time Barca great.

So, a wonderful night that will live long in the memory, a fitting end to a record breaking season.
My only question is why, on such epic nights, do fans in Barcelona always have to try and destroy my beautiful city?
A small matter........

maz

I walk the line
i know what it feels like the morning after a treble,and my god it's good so sit back,safe in the knowledge that not only do you support the best football team on the planet,but that they've proved it too,in the best way,on the biggest stage,against probably the toughest opposition (though not on the night).:wave:
Thanks heath! That was such a nice thing to say. And its very true. The morning after the night before. :2145960713mundoemot

E

Esteve

What a night! Xavi & Iniesta were just untouchable! Messi was involved throughout & scored a lovely goal (though a lot of the credit should go to Xavi for the assist). Piqué had a great game & Yaya looked solid beside him. Our full backs did well - Puyol kept both Rooney & Ronaldo reasonably quiet while Sylvinho didn't let us down. Henry didn't look 100% fit but still did his best & was decent. Busquets surprised me with a good performance & Valdes had another decent game! It was truly the win of the youth system! I'm so proud to be a culé & I'm sure you all are too! Visca el Barça!

O

oyetunde

once again i had a bad feelin and once again events proved me wrong
yesssssssssssss long may i keep havin bad feelings

Home of Barca Fans