Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Hardy

Perfect way to give more confidence to Liverpool, they see this coward slowass lineup and think oh well, they are so scared of us at home...

Andresito

Staff member
Than whom? Vidal?

Ev's plan is simple.
Try not to concede if possible.
His main idea is to have the strongest defensive possible midfield and rely on Messi, who will usually score 1-2.

His idea is not to risk too much, add muscles and fight in the midfield and wait for Messi or attcking trio to do the magic.

Arthur and Dembele will come in the 2nd half.

I personally think (and stats think the same) that Arthur is the weakest defender out of these 4 midfielders.

Also, Vidal is faster.
And we gained some height for defensive corners, since the main idea is to be cautious and let Messi do the job.

What a genius plan.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Than whom? Vidal?

Ev's plan is simple.
Try not to concede if possible.
His main idea is to have the strongest defensive possible midfield and rely on Messi, who will usually score 1-2.

His idea is not to risk too much, add muscles and fight in the midfield and wait for Messi or attcking trio to do the magic.

Arthur and Dembele will come in the 2nd half.

I personally think (and stats think the same) that Arthur is the weakest defender out of these 4 midfielders.

Also, Vidal is faster.
And we gained some height for defensive corners, since the main idea is to be cautious and let Messi do the job.

Be cautious, and put the whole offensive burden entirely on Messi's shoulders. What an amazing plan. It's not like that has been one of the biggest reasons we've been neutralized in the CL in the past.

Your whole post is just trying to rationalize that playing with cautious, away game tactics is EXACTLY what we need to do at home when we have the advantage....... What? Lmfao

I also love how much Arthur and Vidal have to drop consistent 10/10 performances to get any trust from the coach but Rakitic can play at Jordan Henderson level and yet be a guaranteed starter every single game.

Zidane82

The only saving grace I can see is that Firmino isn’t fit enough to start ,
He’s their kingpin and links everything together.

Also for whatever reason they’ve dropped the flying RB Trent Alexander and replaced him with Gomez whose just back from a long injury layoff plus he’s really a CB ..

Matic has an error in him and he partners VDB apparently

delancey

Coutinho should have played in the midfield instead of Vidal, and then Dembele upfront. I am so disappointed to see this defensive lineup.

BBZ8800

Btw Rijkaard won against Chelsea in 2006 with a similar lineup.

Motta, Edmilson, Deco midfield.
We played fine against a crazy English team back then.

JedBanker

Ah Valverde you old sly fox. Pulling a good old double bluff on Klopp. Now he has gotten into Klopps head, with Klopp thinking Valverde has formed a new strategy specially for Liverpool by playing a ridiculous line-up. When in reality Valverde has no idea what he is doing. But then again why should we start a fast actual RB against a pacey team. Why should we include a pass master and pressure resistant player when we can just play 3 dms and count on their creative acumen. Why should we play a fast winger to give our slow attack a bit of bite.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Prime Cuckverde. Adios, CL! Pace, pace nowhere to be seen. Absolute fucking pathetic to get this far and bottle the line-up in this kind of way. I don’t dislike you, Valverde. I absolutely hate you.

Joan

Btw Rijkaard won against Chelsea in 2006 with a similar lineup.

Motta, Edmilson, Deco midfield.
We played fine against a crazy English team back then.

Do you like the lineup?

What would've you done differently?

beck123

Banned
Lol you are acting like Liverpool have a team full of Messi. Lmao.

They have fucking milner in their midfield, Barca will smash them, I am a Real Madrid Fan and I'm more confident Barca will win comfortably than most of you. :))

Hamzah

High Definition Member
My opinion before the game was to play Arthur in the home game and bring on Vidal, and start Vidal in the away game.

It’s the Roberto decision I’m mad about, I wanted semedo and his pace instead.

Home of Barca Fans