Champions League

Beast

The Observer
For the past few years the side that has eliminated the side that eliminated mandril has gone on to win the CL, hence if Chelski KO Liverpool Steab/Oig/bestita believes that they are preordained European champions. Bollox. Chelski are a rather ordinary side that will be picked apart by our front 5. Barça 3-1 Porto - arriba la tercera.
Again you are really underestimating Guus Hiddink ... the same way everyone said it will be Liverpool who will walk all over them..
Give Hiddink his dues .. Cheslea has a formidable defense .. the way he used Ivanovic yesterday says it all about the guy.. everyone was watching Terry and co.. twice Ivanovic came unnoticed and scored the header.. we are talking about that same on form liverpool in Anfield.. you are too arrogant in your views on him & Chelsea.. just because you beat crap defense Bayern doesn't mean it will be very easy as your post suggest

Last edited:

shadows

Chelsea wont be easy coz they play a physical game..and if we can neutralize Essien i think we should be comfortable..

*neutralize as in not allowing him to shackle Xavi as he did with Gerrard!

Moreover we have the Clasico sandwitched b/n the 2 legs which doesnt help either!@

Warik

Chelsea fans already predicting we'll choke due to their mind games. Apparently their players picked up mind games from Mourinho, and strangley they forget Mourinho picked them up from the Spanish league. Mind games won't be what beats us if we lose imo. I look forward to their players talking utter shit whilst (as usual) we remain silent and do the talking on the pitch.

Beast

The Observer
i don't think it will be mind games from Hiddink .. i think he will pick the weakness and work on it.. he has more experience in his side and very powerful midfield..
Hiddink always make great subs as well .. for sure it will be a great encounter from both teams and won't be decided by the first leg ..
that's of course if Liverpool don't win 3-0 @ Stamford Bridge

shadows

yea exactly..But Guus has a poor record against Spain..His Russian team got outplayed by Spain both the times..Hope that helps us go through!

Warik

They reckon they can stop us by putting Essien at left back, and making their midfielders shift to Messi's side immediately. Yeah, right...doesn't sound very Guus like. It'd leave Henry, Eto'o, Xavi, and Iniesta with the peoples republic of China as working space.

Oh yes and apparently "It's the Blue Camp. It might aswell be a second home ground for us. We'll win easily" made me actually register just to respond with "White Hart Lane was 3 Point Lane also...what happened there?"

Last edited:

shadows

Henry is the man to watch out for..So many teams concentrate on Messi and Eto'o that they dont notice Henry standing in the box free!Iniesta if he can improve his finishing and actually start passing the ball into the net could become even better than Messi i guess!

shadows

Oh yes and apparently "It's the Blue Camp. It might aswell be a second home ground for us. We'll win easily" made me actually register just to respond with "White Hart Lane was 3 Point Lane also...what happened there?"

wtf..When did they beat us @ the Camp...they got their ass kicked time in time out!

Beast

The Observer
yea exactly..But Guus has a poor record against Spain..His Russian team got outplayed by Spain both the times..Hope that helps us go through!
it's not sufficient comparison IMHO due to the huge gap of quality between the 2 nations..
i think what matters is he did take an underdog side to the semi-final .. no one expected the Russian to go that far.. nor Australia or Korea
They reckon they can stop us by putting Essien at left back, and making their midfielders shift to Messi's side immediately. Yeah, right...doesn't sound very Guus like. It'd leave Henry, Eto'o, Xavi, and Iniesta with the peoples republic of China as working space.

well that's their fans u know they can be idiots (and every club-even Barca- has plenty of those.. enter the name u like ;) ).. the guy was always a cool headed manager.. past meeting has no influence on the "expected game " many people brought Ranieri impressive /almost all wins record vs Guus and we know what happened..

i think Pep/Players /fans need to get down to earth as the trophy is not won by the best/on-from team..sometimes the smartest managers play a big role as the CL has shown plenty of times before.. and even now 2 of the main candidates are on the verge of crashing out ..

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Again you are really underestimating Guus Hiddink ... the same way everyone said it will be Liverpool who will walk all over them..
Give Hiddink his dues .. Cheslea has a formidable defense .. the way he used Ivanovic yesterday says it all about the guy.. everyone was watching Terry and co.. twice Ivanovic came unnoticed and scored the header.. we are talking about that same on form liverpool in Anfield.. you are too arrogant in your views on him & Chelsea.. just because you beat crap defense Bayern doesn't mean it will be very easy as your post suggest

Hiddink can't do it in semis (not for the past 20 years) and the chelski defence hasn't been anything like as formidable this year. Nobody's kept a clean sheet against us since August, we'll score at least twice at Camp Nou and we'll score at the bridge - can Chelski score at least three against us? I don't think so, they won't see enough of the ball and they don't have the pace. Against Liverpool they had more possession than they will have against us and hence got more set pieces and more chances. Throughout the season aside from our bad patch, which we're over, the defence has shown that when it matters they can step up and do the business and we've now kept 5 clean sheets in a row. 3/4-1 over two legs is my prediction.

FiReFTW

Its going to be very tough against Chelsea with hidding... mark my words its probably going to be the hardest match we could ever play at the present.

Beast

The Observer
Hiddink can't do it in semis (not for the past 20 years) and the chelski defence hasn't been anything like as formidable this year. Nobody's kept a clean sheet against us since August, we'll score at least twice at Camp Nou and we'll score at the bridge - can Chelski score at least three against us? I don't think so, they won't see enough of the ball and they don't have the pace. Against Liverpool they had more possession than they will have against us and hence got more set pieces and more chances. Throughout the season aside from our bad patch, which we're over, the defence has shown that when it matters they can step up and do the business and we've now kept 5 clean sheets in a row. 3/4-1 over two legs is my prediction.

and when was the last time u met a Chelsea ? Liverpool ? or Man U
its totally different ...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
We've beaten everything put in front of us so far with room to spare, I have every confidence that the team will continue to rise to the challenges ahead. There's more to come from this side, it really is that good and I have every right to believe in my team, you can go back to your patterns and your history but what's happening on the pitch suggests that Barça is the best side in Europe. The bookmakers believe we're favourites, we have the talent....your madridismo won't let you see the greatness of this Barça side but I don't really care, my team has a foot and a half in the semi finals again and all you can do is watch on telly and spread your bitter denial on the internet. Good luck with that, visca el barça!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Its going to be very tough against Chelsea with hidding... mark my words its probably going to be the hardest match we could ever play at the present.

It won't be easy, but I think we will win the two games because we have a better team and a manager who knows how to send out a side to win football games. Hiddink may have won a European Cup in the 80s but since then has a long record of semi final defeats, Pep's time is now.

Beast

The Observer
We've beaten everything put in front of us so far with room to spare, I have every confidence that the team will continue to rise to the challenges ahead. There's more to come from this side, it really is that good and I have every right to believe in my team, you can go back to your patterns and your history but what's happening on the pitch suggests that Barça is the best side in Europe. The bookmakers believe we're favourites, we have the talent....your madridismo won't let you see the greatness of this Barça side but I don't really care, my team has a foot and a half in the semi finals again and all you can do is watch on telly and spread your bitter denial on the internet. Good luck with that, visca el barça!

if you will resolve to Madrisimo as a point of debate.. u'r really have nothing to add to the discussion

you have every right to believe and others have the right to evaluate teams in non-biased terms..

has nothing to do with talents as much as the team play.. you have crashed out against EPL teams in the last years except the year you won the CL .. these are facts not passion.. they are dominant in Europe..might have to do with their style/team work..etc at the end it gives La liga teams a hard time and they prevailed in most of the times..
if you ask if Barca had more quality then Man U last year or Liverpool the year before it.. the answer would be yes.. but it was them who went through even with crap tactics like the ones Man U applied against u or Arsenal in the final...

the only denial you are living in if you think the best talents win.. cause neither did the Galacticos win 3 back to Back CL nor Barca won back to back CL with Dinho & Co or Messi & Co...

Home of Barca Fans