Champions League

FiReFTW

no mate.. talking about the eventual winners... the English dominance is a just a phase like the Spanish & Before it the Italian..etc not a pattern just a normal rise & fall
6 times in a row is what i consider a pattern not a coincidence ..

And u think this can go on forever? nah

Beast

The Observer
until the 10th CL ... however let's wait and see if Chelsea do win the CL this year i don't think people would still doubt the pattern..
last year when one of our cule's friend posted the pattern we waited and it occurred once again with Man u beating Real conquerer and winning the CL

FiReFTW

until the 10th CL ... however let's wait and see if Chelsea do win the CL this year i don't think people would still doubt the pattern..
last year when one of our cule's friend posted the pattern we waited and it occurred once again with Man u beating Real conquerer and winning the CL

You just wait and see , the final this year is Arsenal-Barcelona.

Btw its not so hard to imagine someone winning the CL who beat someone that beat another team... even if its the same team... Because Real just happened to have lost the CL this means the winner who beat them went forward where there are less teams and then if someone beat them they were in the final so 50:50 chances of that , or they went into semi with only 4 teams left ... not bad odds at all , and since the team beat a team who was able to defeat Real the team must have been very good aswell .. its not so far fetched to believe that the team who beat the guys who knocked out Real had very very good chances of winning the CL.

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It's quite a freakish pattern, you have to admit, but at the end of the day it's down to the teams on the pitch. I don't believe in mumbo jumbo like fate or these superstitions people see in things, the team that turns up and plays better over the two legs will probably go on to win and that should be us when compaing the two teams. Come May we will see, before that everything is pointless speculation and I've had enough of that!

gazza

You just wait and see , the final this year is Arsenal-Barcelona.

Btw its not so hard to imagine someone winning the CL who beat someone that beat another team... even if its the same team... Because Real just happened to have lost the CL this means the winner who beat them went forward where there are less teams and then if someone beat them they were in the final so 50:50 chances of that , or they went into semi with only 4 teams left ... not bad odds at all , and since the team beat a team who was able to defeat Real the team must have been very good aswell .. its not so far fetched to believe that the team who beat the guys who knocked out Real had very very good chances of winning the CL.

Can you run that by me again i got lost at team ! lol

T

The Kop

Chelsea deserved their victory and the three goals they scored, overall they were the better team on the night. We started well but lost the midfield battle due to Lucas being so insecure and vulnurable in midfield, Mascherano was sorely missed. All in all I think that its fair to say that Chelsea have gone through, I cant see us getting the result that we need to go through, especially with the tight race in the league. We are incapable of playing well in the league and in Europe at the same time, it has to be one or the other it seems.

Guardian

Beast, if you are superstitious I'll try to convince you to believe that Barca can win the CL.

1) In the last few years every CL winner had to beat a team whose name starts with the letter B:
2009 Barcelona defeated Bayern and ....
2008 Man U defeated Barcelona and won the league
2007 Milan defeated Bayern and won the league
2006 Barcelona defeated Benfica and won the league
2005 Liverpool defeated Bayer Leverkusen
----
Another trend with Bayern
2008 Barcelona humiliated Bayern and .....
2008 Zenit won vs Bayern and won the UEFA cup
2007 Milan won over Bayern and won the CL

2) 11 teams have won the CL, and they all are former G-14 members! The teams are: Milan, Juventus, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real M, Bayern, Dortmund, Ajax, Porto, Marseille.
No Chelsea.

3) No team with less than 5 titles has ever won the CL. Chelsea has 3 EPL titles.

4) You have to play with a French team to win the CL

2009 Barca defeated Lyon
2008 Man Utd defeated Lyon again!
2007 Milan met Lille
2006 Barca won it so who cares, they had Guily
2005 Liverpool played with Monaco
2004 Porto played with Monaco, Marseille and Lyon (no wonder that they won)
2003 Milan entertained Lens

5) If you take the abbreviations of the winning managers from the last years, you'll get

-AF (Alex Ferguson)
-CA (Carlo Ancelotti)
-FR ( Frank Rijkaard)
-RB (Rafael Benitez)

or BARCA, the remaining letters are FFR, which is the abbreviation for Fuck Filthy Real! :p
---

that's all for now :kissing:

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
It's quite a freakish pattern, you have to admit, but at the end of the day it's down to the teams on the pitch. I don't believe in mumbo jumbo like fate or these superstitions people see in things, the team that turns up and plays better over the two legs will probably go on to win and that should be us when compaing the two teams. Come May we will see, before that everything is pointless speculation and I've had enough of that!
There is never a rule obviously..but had we had this conversation last season, we would all have said no way, yet the pattern continued. It goes without saying i hope the pattern wont continue this season, but chelsea, having demolished liverpool at anfield, look much more dangerous than before the game, and are now second favourites behind us.

Anyway pattern or no pattern, chelsea is going to be a tough game for us.

gazza

The player that made it possible for Chelsea to beat Liverpool was Essien (joke going round at the moment... why is Essien so overweight ? because he still has Gerrard in his pocket).
Essien is a brilliant player and Chelsea have missed him badly he was out for a long time due to injury.
Really never been superstitious and i hate stats like C.A.says it's down to the team that turns up and plays on the day.

Guardian

:lol:

Danny my friend in 2007 Milan defeated Bayern in 2007 but didn't win the league.. Inter did :)

Beast, mate, your Inter haven't won this competition since this photo was taken:

1965-uk-cover.jpg

Thus, it was long long time ago

beef-supreme

The referee for the Chelsea - Liverpool game will be Cantalejo. Perhaps not the best idea to appoint a Spanish referee when Liverpool are playing...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I am sorry my friend but you were definitely out played by us over the 2 legs in 2007. That first 45 mins at Anfield I don't seem to remember Barca being dominated like that for a while.

Barca of course have the class and ability to win the CL but all season long I have just had a hunch you will not win it this year. TBH I think it is your destiny to win the CL in the Bernabeu.

As for our game I have already accepted we are out and I want the league above all else this season.

Though it will be interesting if we score an early goal tonight, very interesting indeed...

Home of Barca Fans