Champions League

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
if you will resolve to Madrisimo as a point of debate.. u'r really have nothing to add to the discussion

you have every right to believe and others have the right to evaluate teams in non-biased terms..

has nothing to do with talents as much as the team play.. you have crashed out against EPL teams in the last years except the year you won the CL .. these are facts not passion.. they are dominant in Europe..might have to do with their style/team work..etc at the end it gives La liga teams a hard time and they prevailed in most of the times..
if you ask if Barca had more quality then Man U last year or Liverpool the year before it.. the answer would be yes.. but it was them who went through even with crap tactics like the ones Man U applied against u or Arsenal in the final...

the only denial you are living in if you think the best talents win.. cause neither did the Galacticos win 3 back to Back CL nor Barca won back to back CL with Dinho & Co or Messi & Co...

Your madridismo is relevant because it prevents you from being objective. The defeats to Liverpool and United bear no relation to this year's side because those were Barça sides on a downward slide under Rijkaard, this team under Pep is on the up and is a cohesive team. Your madridismo is relevant again because you choose to resort to saying "la liga teams". Barça's style is far more effective in Europe than that of other La Liga sides, that's why we're the most successful over the past 6 years. The league styles aren't relevant here, nor are past seasons, we need to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of teams at this moment in time and a chelski side that lacks pace and tries to make up for it with physical intimidation doesn't strike me as an impossible task for Barça. Lyon played a very physical game in both legs and lost, Barça had a full strength midfield with some serious physical players and we overcame it, this side can live with physicality and Chelski's style doesn't have the zip and verve of Liverpool or United, hence why I believe we will defeat them in both games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gallas out for the season for Arsenal. Suddenly Porto chances (should they eliminate ManUtd) look even better. Wouldn`t it be shocking to have a non English final?

Evil

Shabazz
Gallas out for the season for Arsenal. Suddenly Porto chances (should they eliminate ManUtd) look even better. Wouldn`t it be shocking to have a non English final?

That would be a dream come true. I'm sick of all these people bragging how the english league dominates all the other leagues, and they have the strongest teams and the strongest league Etc.

Beast

The Observer
Your madridismo is relevant because it prevents you from being objective. The defeats to Liverpool and United bear no relation to this year's side because those were Barça sides on a downward slide under Rijkaard, this team under Pep is on the up and is a cohesive team. Your madridismo is relevant again because you choose to resort to saying "la liga teams". Barça's style is far more effective in Europe than that of other La Liga sides, that's why we're the most successful over the past 6 years. The league styles aren't relevant here, nor are past seasons, we need to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of teams at this moment in time and a chelski side that lacks pace and tries to make up for it with physical intimidation doesn't strike me as an impossible task for Barça. Lyon played a very physical game in both legs and lost, Barça had a full strength midfield with some serious physical players and we overcame it, this side can live with physicality and Chelski's style doesn't have the zip and verve of Liverpool or United, hence why I believe we will defeat them in both games.
the dominance of the English teams in the CL is a fact and has nothing to do with me being a Madrid fan (it's so obvious i don't know how u can relate both ) ..
during the last 5 years every single final par Porto year had one English side in it .. again that's a fact and has nothing to do with my liking
last 2 years .. 3 of the last 4 were English sides... twice in a row... again my team preference has NOTHING to do with this fact
Barca side THIS YEAR till now has met a Lyon team in decline (this year closer then ever the other Ligue 1 teams are in a short distance from the Lyonnais squad ) their team has less quality then before (no Essien,Diarra,Abidal,Malouda..etc ) .. and you know Bayern case without their defensive pair.. so taking away your acclaimed " u say this because u love Real Madrid " and to answer your other analysis of your chances

Yes you are the most /only equipped team in the liga to stand against the EPL actual dominance due to your style of play..

as for Cheslea .. they are not using physical intimidation as they used to under Mourinho, in the past Jose used it against you there is no doubt about that.. the side that played yesterday was more tactical then a brutal 0-0 ala Mourinho side.. they dominated the game with tactics not physical strength.. that's the difference i'm trying to point out.. Guus Chelsea is far from Jose Chelsea.. if you think they played this way last night i ask you to download the game ..
it's not just about the pace that would hurt you .. u lost points in the liga (although irrelevant to the CL ) to teams without pace

Guus is in charge of this side for almost 2 month and their sudden display last night caught many people (including yours truly ) by surprise.. but Guus was able to do that with Korea,Australia & Russia .. three times in a row .. if we have an Australian , Korean or Russian member here he would tell you how he transformed their teams with zero superstars.. don't underestimate the man and his team simply because your team on paper is better .. many teams with better chances lost due to over confidence

of course it's your right to believe that you can but we are here discussing tactics and potentials not what i or u like to happen

Beast

The Observer
well i hope not cause i put today a big chunk of money on Chelsea winning it.. sorry Warik..but the pattern is too good and continuous to discard

FiReFTW

well i hope not cause i put today a big chunk of money on Chelsea winning it.. sorry Warik..but the pattern is too good and continuous to discard

There is no pattern , Manchester united nor Liverpool nor Chelsea when they played against Barca in CL did not outplay them , infact they were outplayed and luckly Chelsea lost while Liverpool and Man Utd. won with luck, so there is no pattern.

Beast

The Observer
There is no pattern , Manchester united nor Liverpool nor Chelsea when they played against Barca in CL did not outplay them , infact they were outplayed and luckly Chelsea lost while Liverpool and Man Utd. won with luck, so there is no pattern.

there is a clear pattern down below

yes Maz its very true..and by default no team who beat Madrid in the CL can win the CL.. its our Voodoo jinx

last time Real won the CL was 2002
in 2003 Real lost to Juve in the Semi-Final, Milan beat Juve in the final & won
in 2004 Real lost to Monaco in the QF, Monaco lost to Porto in the final who won the CL
2005 Real lost to Juve in the 16th round, Liverpool defeated Juve (think in the QF ) and went on to win the CL
2006 Real lost to Arsenal in the 16th round, Barca beat Arsenal in the final and won the CL
2007 Real lost to B Munich in the 16th round, Milan defeated Bayern in the QF and went to win the CL
2008 Real lost to Roma in the 16th round, Roma lost to Man U in the QF and went to win the CL
now its 2009 Real lost to Liverpool in the 16 round, Liverpool lost to ---INSERT TEAM NAME--- and ended up winning the CL

so you can at least bet that Liverpool won't win it this year..

now to update it.. if Chelsea hold on to the scoreline they will win the Champions league this time like the last 6 years ...

Beast

The Observer
hmmm........... Jesus

the pattern decide the CL winner .... and based on that same pattern if Chelsea beat Liverpool they will go on to win the CL including "Barca" on the way.. is that clearer now ?

FiReFTW

hmmm........... Jesus

the pattern decide the CL winner .... and based on that same pattern if Chelsea beat Liverpool they will go on to win the CL including "Barca" on the way.. is that clearer now ?

I thought you were still talking about english dominance... but nah... thats just a coincidence , it didn't happen 10 years ago so... you will see.

Beast

The Observer
no mate.. talking about the eventual winners... the English dominance is a just a phase like the Spanish & Before it the Italian..etc not a pattern just a normal rise & fall
6 times in a row is what i consider a pattern not a coincidence ..

Home of Barca Fans