Champions League

wisconsincule

Watching these matches… I think we’ll be back next season to make a quarter final run at the least…

Win Europa League and we are in pot 1. Win the group and then you have the potential to play a shit team in the round of 16.. Get another lucky draw and Barca are back in the Semis!

malvolio

Watching these matches… I think we’ll be back next season to make a quarter final run at the least…

Win Europa League and we are in pot 1. Win the group and then you have the potential to play a shit team in the round of 16.. Get another lucky draw and Barca are back in the Semis!

Problem is we get tough opponents in R16. Teams like City or Chelsea always get bums in R16. Maybe Xavi will have luck on his side.

behindbrowneyes

I didn?t watch most of the game, how did Mazraoui do?

The little bit of the first half I watched, he was kind of all over the place, sometimes drifting in the midfield, quite offensive minded. How did he do defending-wise?

Not talking about today, but he'd fit right into what Xavi is doing with Alves, positionally. Of course Mazraoui is not on Alves' level, but he has been playing CM in youth and it can be seen on the field.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
That said, Atleti were far from good. They are still weak in central areas. Koke and Herrera were shocking today.

It's just that Man Utd are unbelievably mediocre. Surely they aren't getting into the top-4 this season.

Still want a rematch of Lpool - Atletico. Atletico will have to step up and play much better than this, but imagine the salt if Liverpool are knocked out again by the shithouse masters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mazraoui would be a perfect fit indeed for the way Xavi want his FBs to play with the wingers taking up the width instead.

OGbarca

Banned
Relax, Guardiola or Pool will beat Bayern. Bayern are shocking at the back if you watch them play these days. They always destroy weak teams but usually underperform v strong teams.

i havent watched bayern but they looked good in their last CL match. honestly they are the team i hate the most and city are dropping in form just when it matters, so i have a bad feeling about it

i hope youre right

Kul_z

Not about that really. They don't have the budgets and players to compete with EPL right now.

EPL has 6 teams valued at over 1 billion.

The 6 most valuable Premier League clubs — Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham — are worth a combined ~$22 billion, while the remaining 14 clubs are worth less than $4 billion combined.

Mediocre la liga teams with full physical preparations wipes the floor with most epl teams outside the big 6. Ofcourse you need a top coach, you can see what emery was doing in el with villareal. Thing is, in big 6 you can count 5 players at most that are pl pool of players that are playing important role. Money is the factor, yes, but as soon trainings, preparations, demands from la liga clubs matches the stupid hype pl teams have, la liga would be back in style. La liga has spain + south america pool that prefer to play in la liga, pl has mercenaries.
For example, put iago aspas in any pl team that is not city, liverpool and chelsea and he'd be one of if not the best player on that team.

FinBarcelonafan

Definitely Barca will be back. I can see Barca beating United or Atletico. Of course, in our current form. It depends if it lasts till next season..

JamDav1982

Mediocre la liga teams with full physical preparations wipes the floor with most epl teams outside the big 6. Ofcourse you need a top coach, you can see what emery was doing in el with villareal. Thing is, in big 6 you can count 5 players at most that are pl pool of players that are playing important role. Money is the factor, yes, but as soon trainings, preparations, demands from la liga clubs matches the stupid hype pl teams have, la liga would be back in style. La liga has spain + south america pool that prefer to play in la liga, pl has mercenaries.
For example, put iago aspas in any pl team that is not city, liverpool and chelsea and he'd be one of if not the best player on that team.

No they dont.

There is a lack of technical ability in la Liga outside top few.

There just isnt the money for them to buy and keep any talent.

Iago Aspas was terrible in EPL with Liverpool so can try that one again. You seem to have forgotten that. He wouldnt be the best player for any EPL team maybe Norwich/Brentford etc.

Home of Barca Fans