Champions League

Kul_z

The talent in La Liga outwith top four is lacking big time and when compare top four directly still more in EPL but can change quickly if Barca/Real get there teams together and when Klopp/Pep leave.

Right now, yes like you said because of klopp and guardiola. But la liga is not that far away from pl at all, and still at one of the lowest points since 2000's .

malvolio

Mediocre la liga teams with full physical preparations wipes the floor with most epl teams outside the big 6. Ofcourse you need a top coach, you can see what emery was doing in el with villareal. Thing is, in big 6 you can count 5 players at most that are pl pool of players that are playing important role. Money is the factor, yes, but as soon trainings, preparations, demands from la liga clubs matches the stupid hype pl teams have, la liga would be back in style. La liga has spain + south america pool that prefer to play in la liga, pl has mercenaries.
For example, put iago aspas in any pl team that is not city, liverpool and chelsea and he'd be one of if not the best player on that team.

I'm also of the opinion that there's nothing much in EPL outside top six. But I don't agree it's about physical preparation, or not the defining separator.

La Liga can't attract South Americans like they did in the past. Because most go where the money is and prefer to play at likes of Everton for big money instead of Villareal. And I also think the talent pool of SA has dried up a bit.

Kul_z

No they dont.

There is a lack of technical ability in la Liga outside top few.

There just isnt the money for them to buy and keep any talent.

Iago Aspas was terrible in EPL with Liverpool so can try that one again. You seem to have forgotten that. He wouldnt be the best player for any EPL team maybe Norwich/Brentford etc.

I totally forgot he was in liverpool. But the point stands, he was in a team with suarez, coutinho and only had, like what 15 games in 2 seasons?

Kul_z

I'm also of the opinion that there's nothing much in EPL outside top six. But I don't agree it's about physical preparation, or not the defining separator.

La Liga can't attract South Americans like they did in the past. Because most go where the money is and prefer to play at likes of Everton for big money instead of Villareal. And I also think the talent pool of SA has dried up a bit.

I agree, SA pool dried out a bit because they didnt still inherited the so called modern ethics of the game, time will tell. All i want to say that if and when that happens they would pop out constantly

Rassvet

With Ajax out and what is happening at Chelsea, Bayern and Liverpool are the most likeable teams left that have a chance.

Ideal scenario would be Liverpool winning PL, Bayern CL, and Lewa ballon d’or.

KingLeo10

With Ajax out and what is happening at Chelsea, Bayern and Liverpool are the most likeable teams left that have a chance.

Ideal scenario would be Liverpool winning PL, Bayern CL, and Lewa ballon d’or.

Disgusting.

You shouldn't be allowed to support Barca after this.

KingLeo10

Five contenders to win it: Bayern, Liverpool, Madrid, Chelsea, City

Proper Barca fans obviously can’t support Madrid, City is an oil club, and nobody can root for Chelsea now.

Bayern and Pool are the obvious remaining options left for Barca supporters or neutrals.

Oil clubs aren't our rivals. A couple of hollow CLs at City matters nothing to their "rivalry" to Barca.

You can rationalize all you want but rooting for Bayern (a club with equal stature to Barca and a direct competitor in terms of historical standings) to get 1 more CL and probably eclipse us (for the moment) is way worse than Guardiola winning his 1st CL in like 11 years with a hollow club.

Pool are less of a competition...I would rather Pool than Bayern. Pool winning 7 CLs would be very impressive but they've been abysmal in the league in the modern era to go above Barca just yet. 7th would pull them level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Oil clubs aren't our rivals. A couple of hollow CLs at City matters nothing to their "rivalry" to Barca.

You can rationalize all you want but rooting for Bayern (a club with equal stature to Barca and a direct competitor in terms of historical standings) to get 1 more CL and probably eclipse us (for the moment) is way worse than Guardiola winning his 1st CL in like 11 years with a hollow club.

Pool are less of a competition...I would rather Pool than Bayern. Pool winning 7 CLs would be very impressive but they've been abysmal in the league in the modern era to go above Barca just yet. 7th would pull them level.

This.

Rooting for anyone but Bayern and Liverpool and Real Madrid obviously.

serghei

You can make a case that Madrid winning it is not much of a big deal anymore. :lol: Anyone but Bayern or Liverpool for me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I hate Simeone's ISIS brand of football and I don't think they will survive past the next round but how funny would it be if the worst Atletico side since Simeone took the job finally manages to get the job done.

Home of Barca Fans