Champions League

JamDav1982

Villareal might make another upset and kick out Liverpool.

I know it sounds crazy, but there is a slight chance. Liverpool plays the highest line in Europe, and Villareal kill on the counter.
They would need a lot of luck of course, but Liverpool is a better match-up for them compared to City or RM

If they leave the ball out wide as much as they did v Bayern but it is Robertson and TAA putting it in they will have to be extremely lucky and Liverpool miss a ton of chances.

Liverpool play better players on the break most weeks than Villareal have so nothing new for them.

Anything can happen but Villareal would have to ride their luck massively to go through would think.

FC B

No Karius will help. Like Fin said if they manage to beat them Real fully deserved it.

Don't be so sure since as of this season Dollarumma and Mendy both contributed masively to Madrid getting past their teams with some serious blunders. And it was a big foul on Dollarumma but that doesn't mean much when VAR does not get involved.

Horatio

You're welcome
Don't be so sure since as of this season Dollarumma and Mendy both contributed masively to Madrid getting past their teams with some serious blunders. And it was a big foul on Dollarumma but that doesn't mean much when VAR does not get involved.

I might be wrong but weren't you sure last year Real would be winning CL?

cracken

A non Liverpool version of Liverpool with around 120 injuries(yes) in 1 season which finished behind Ole's United.

More like a Liverpool without their starting CBs vs a Real Madrid without their starting CBs. Madrid were also without a right back and had to play Valverde there.

Seems pretty even to me.

Temptation

More like a Liverpool without their starting CBs vs a Real Madrid without their starting CBs. Madrid were also without a right back and had to play Valverde there.

Seems pretty even to me.

All I'll say is you shouldn't bring last year's Liverpool in this example. Anyone who follows tge league a bit will tell you why. I'm not giving excuses.

There were major issues last season.

Birdy

Seems pretty even to me.

Obviously it doesn't work like that.
Klopp plays the highest line in Europe.
If that line depends on Nat Philips and Ozan Kabak, we are talking about another team

cracken

All I'll say is you shouldn't bring last year's Liverpool in this example. Anyone who follows tge league a bit will tell you why. I'm not giving excuses.

There were major issues last season.

You faced Madrid in April. Here is your Premier League record between 15 March 2021 and 23 May 2021:

8 victories
2 draws
0 defeats

Madrid faced a Liverpool that already got its head above water and was mounting a strong comeback to secure CL qualification. Some revisionist fans would have you believe that Madrid faced an injury ravaged team at its lowest point of the season.

Home of Barca Fans