Champions League

serghei

Vilareal are doing well. Pity that Moreno is out.

Those Liverpool players are like rabid dogs, their workrate is insane. Incredible how Klopp has maintained that intensity for years

They had a huge dip last year. To think they are here because of a goal by Alisson in the last seconds...

serghei

Don't like Ferran as a false 9 tbh with you. It worked for only a few games at City.

In hindsight it's such a weird request from Xavi considering he's a big fan of Dembele and talked about how Gnabry was one of his favorite players. Ferran is an awkward fit.

I know, but Klopp and Pep are different beasts. What they can pull off tactically, other manager can't get close to.

I agree. I think they got too ecstatic about the possibility of Ferran, especially since it became possible due to him reportedly wanting to come back to Spain badly. Got swayed by his form with the NT too I think. In hindsight, now I don't think he's a very good fit either, especially with Ansu basically being a better Ferran circling in the same area.

Last edited:

Morten

You play to your strengths, if you have the squad, and the system to dominate you do it, if you don't, you play accordingly.

Holy hell, people are expecting Villarreal to come and play at Anfield, or Atletico at Empthiad?

As for us, certainly we sit low, but we don't particulary like defending though, unlike Atletico or Villarreal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not every team can play like Liverpool, City, play free flowing attacking football.

The goal is to win and most teams have no chance winning against such teams playing a high line and overcommitting. I think people forget that a lot of times.

Now....regarding Atletico who have a sizeable budget and have spent a lot of money on players. That's another discussion. I don't think they have many excuses for their ISIS-ball.

serghei

Not every team can play like Liverpool, City, play free flowing attacking football.

The goal is to win and most teams have no chance winning against such teams playing a high line and overcommitting. I think people forget that a lot of times.

True. The only way to dominate this Liverpool is with similar workrate, and superior technique. Villareal is miles off.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So you're agreeing with me, they're playing like a defensive, small team?

La Liga is anti football this competition

So you want Villarreal to play end to end attacking football against Liverpool at Anfield, concede like 4 or goals and finish the tie in the first leg?

stb_1

You play to your strengths, if you have the squad, and the system to dominate you do it, if you don't, you play accordingly.

Holy hell, people are expecting Villarreal to come and play at Anfield, or Atletico at Empthiad?

As for us, certainly we sit low, but we don't particulary like defending though, unlike Atletico or Villarreal.

You're literally agreeing with me but still arguing at the same time.

They are playing anti football.

Home of Barca Fans