Champions League

Messigician

I don't mind opposition fans here (like Morten or Wolfe).

But this guy Temptation is running around in every thread thumping his chest about Liverpool mentality/Liverpool way (from recruiting to coaching etc.) while everything Barca does is trash. While Liverpool's approach is decidedly better than Barcelona's approach in the last 5 years, are we really gonna act like Pool weren't the absolute joke of the football world between 1990 and 2015? Except for a couple good years under Benitez, they were a 3-8 finishing team :lol:

Football has always worked in cycles, and you can be sure when Pool decline we won't see this lad here anymore.

Klopp 2026

So you'll be waiting for a long time

El Gato

Villarato!

But this guy Temptation is running around in every thread thumping his chest about Liverpool mentality/Liverpool way (from recruiting to coaching etc.) while everything Barca does is trash. While Liverpool's approach is decidedly better than Barcelona's approach in the last 5 years, are we really gonna act like Pool weren't the absolute joke of the football world between 1990 and 2015? Except for a couple good years under Benitez, they were a 3-8 finishing team :lol:

Football has always worked in cycles, and you can be sure when Pool decline we won't see this lad here anymore.

Ignore list lads, trust me
Even when works half as well as should, it's improving clarity of threads tremendously

Temptation

Why not put me on ignore then?
Oh wait you can't coz you like following my posts! :lol:

Drop the act. You either like my posts or don't. If you dislike my posts so much just put me on ignore....

It's natural after a CL semi win.

Last edited:

TrueCule

I don't give Real much chance tonight. City is clearly the better team and I think they will show it again. Real were lucky that City missed so many chances in the first leg, otherwise it would have been a massacre. They will have to open up which will create space for City's attackers. I doubt that the shaky Real's defence can withstand the talented and creative City attack. History records don't fancy Real's chances too. They never advanced past the semi final after they were behind after the first leg. Their run has to stop one way or another. Whether this will be against City or Liverpool remains to be seen.

I expect and I'm looking forward to see the final between City and Liverpool because I think that these two teams are the best teams in Europe and that they deserve to meet in the final. It's impossible for me to predict who will lift the cup but I really think we're going to see an outstanding final. Last few finals were poor in terms of goals and entertainment, but this one will be special for sure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is going to take Liverpool a while to decline, they are rumored to sign the highest shirt sponsorship deal in the industry ever (extensions from Chartered Bank with 80m pounds per year) and their commercial revenue has been growing steadfastly. Klopp will be key certainly but if they can keep signing and buying good players there is little reason to think they will fade away any time soon.

Kul_z

It is going to take Liverpool a while to decline, they are rumored to sign the highest shirt sponsorship deal in the industry ever (extensions from Chartered Bank with 80m pounds per year) and their commercial revenue has been growing steadfastly. Klopp will be key certainly but if they can keep signing and buying good players there is little reason to think they will fade away any time soon.

Thats what people thought about barcelona not so long ago, well here we are now. Everything goes in cycles, now its their time to enjoy and be unbearable, even tho they are the worst behaving people when on top. People forget that madrid went on 12 years run without cl in this lets say modern era. Liverpool went 12 years without cl win also if im not wrong. This is the best liverpool side in their history, its only natural to think they would go on forever like that.

Kul_z

Anyways, dont know who i want to eat shit tonight more, madrid or city. Maybe i prefer city more because of guardiola and de bruyne, but i hate those cunts in general. Madrid are equal cunts, but i have a grand respect for benz and modric. Tough call

Birdy

Thats what people thought about barcelona not so long ago, well here we are now. Everything goes in cycles, now its their time to enjoy and be unbearable, even tho they are the worst behaving people when on top. People forget that madrid went on 12 years run without cl in this lets say modern era. Liverpool went 12 years without cl win also if im not wrong. This is the best liverpool side in their history, its only natural to think they would go on forever like that.

Depends what you mean by cycle.
If cycle refers to tactical identity of the team, we saw that both Klopp and Pep changed their teams the last 1.5/2 years to rejuvenate their tactical id.
The football City plays today is much different from 2018 and 2019, same for Liverpool compared to team that won UCL and EPL.

mc_lovin

Why not put me on ignore then?
Oh wait you can't coz you like following my posts! :lol:

Drop the act. You either like my posts or don't. If you dislike my posts so much just put me on ignore....

It's natural after a CL semi win.

It wasn't just after the CL semi, but from day one. You know what you did, sir. Always these smug, little insults towards Barcelona.

But point taken, ignore list works fine for me. You are my first actually, feel honored.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Of course everything goes in cycles and no club will always stay up on top, not Madrid, not us, not Bayern and certainly not Liverpool. But they are experiencing a booming period for sure, results on the pitch generate commercial success which in turn helps reinforce their results on the pitch, just saying don't expect them to wither in a couple of years, it will take longer than that, I am afraid.

Again, Klopp will be key to them and let's see if he can sustain this success. Also what sets them apart from us and Madrid is that their owners are filthy rich people and they are willing to spend.

FC B

He flamed out at Dortmund.

Unless he replaces the likes of VVD, Salah and co. well, he will flame out at Pool too.

I give Pool 1 more year until they start declining.

Well they were shit the year before and look at them now, in CL final and up there in Premer with City.

Last edited:

stb_1

The best thing Liverpool can do now is sell Salah in summer for 100 m and buy Nkunku for 60.

Keep replenishing team with younger players instead of breaking wage structure on old players like Barca did.

mc_lovin

The best thing Liverpool can do now is sell Salah in summer for 100 m and buy Nkunku for 60.

Keep replenishing team with younger players instead of breaking wage structure on old players like Barca did.

Sounds nice in theory until you mess up a few transfer targets. Nkunku is quite the gamble (and doesn't even play Salahs position).

Home of Barca Fans