Champions League

Temptation

PL's coach attraction power is at a different level. You have a guy like Conte with numerous league titles going to manage Tottenham.

In La Liga, Barca don't hire World Class coaches, ATM are sticking with Simeone. That only leaves the Real Madrid job. Even Ancelotti was seen as a has been from around 2017.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

PL's coach attraction power is at a different level. You have a guy like Conte with numerous league titles going to manage Tottenham.

In La Liga, Barca don't hire World Class coaches, ATM are sticking with Simeone. That only leaves the Real Madrid job. Even Ancelotti was seen as a has been from around 2017.

Atm top coaches go to Epl but times will change. Doesnt surprise me though they all go to England, english clubs have the most money.

Porque

I think the issue of not coaching in Spain is not about money or league standard but control of the sporting decisions and also press influence.

While Klopp and Pep are not individually selecting every transfer like Wenger in his heyday, they are very much involved in the process. In Spain this process is very detached and gets meddled by politics and presidents influence.

Then Barcelona and Madrid (Barcelona more so for some reason as the Madrid dirtrags are more supportive) have over 20 pages of personalized press from 2 papers following and putting pressure on every move.

In the case of Pep, you could see the pressure and stress caused by being the Barcelona manager and then with Rossell board being under political pressure. Who would want that when you can be in City and not get called out on CL flops.

Atletico are the only club from the top 3 who you would presume would let someone like Klopp come in and work their magic so to speak- as they have with Simeone. That and they still believe in the Simeone project so the position is not available.

The only issue with them is they have been so long under Simeone that they have this perception of being a shithouse workhorse team and don't seem a very attractive option.

But you can't say top managers don't want to work in Spain then have Tuchel and Pochettino as the last 2 managers of PSG in Ligue1.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Top coaches don't want to coach Barcelona or Real Madrid? Bayern? Juventus? PSG? C'mon.

The dream jobs of any coach basically

No those are not the dream jobs of anyone in a decent EPL one at moment.

Barca is not a dream job for any of the top coaches out there and clear why.

Coaches wanting to be in EPL doesnt mean they will reject likes of PSG if that offer is there but none of them will want to be there for long.

Morten

PSG, City and even Chelsea dominated Madrid and still lost, only thing that matters here is goals.

Don't know who dominated us the most, but Chelsea felt about as difficult as City, even though they aren't as good of a team.
Cup-competitions are like that, i suppose, and Chelsea under Tuchel clearly are clearly better in knock-out format than in league play.

Temptation

PSG, City and even Chelsea dominated Madrid and still lost, only thing that matters here is goals.

The only truly world class forwards in all those 3 teams combined was Mbappe and he almost won PSG the game.

We got Salah, Mane and Diaz in world class level form.

JamDav1982

Madrid will defend deep and try to hit Vini Jnr early in space left by TAA.

Times have changed and Spanish teams dont have any technical advantage anymore and Villareal/Real have realised that and playing more defensively to hit on break.

It has flipped with the better technical teams in EPL to point Spanish ones are better served going the defensive route.

FC B

That Orsato cunt helped his paesan Ancelotti big time. Was whistling for Madrid all night.

Just like Makkelie did for Madrid vs. PSG, unfortunately it looks like Madrid have found a way "to adapt" to VAR in CL too, after three seasons in which the system looked like containing Madrid to to what they know best - to get massive help by the refs when it matters the most, ofc.

Temptation

Rodrygo: "i made a bet with my father that I would score 3 goals and well, I scored only 2. I'm missing one. I'll get that in the final."

Apparently, Madrid players already wore 14 numbered shirts yesterday.

All I can say is: Thanks for preparing Klopp's team talk.

JamDav1982

Rodrygo: "i made a bet with my father that I would score 3 goals and well, I scored only 2. I'm missing one. I'll get that in the final."

Apparently, Madrid players already wore 14 numbered shirts yesterday.

All I can say is: Thanks for preparing Klopp's team talk.

As much as Salah gave Ancelotti his.

Temptation

Way too early to say Diaz is world class

Funny you say that. 2 days ago someone on this forum called him World Class and I myself said it's way too early.

What I said is that he is in World Class form at the moment. Been a game changer for us. He isn't truly World Class yet obviously. Long way to go.

Home of Barca Fans