Champions League

malvolio

Basically the CL has reverted to the old format of each game being a one off and the winner progressing. The groups format just gives a free pass to the big clubs. Scrap those and we would be seeing all kinds of surprises

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let me guess.. players fault again. Same players pep hand-picked. Perfect tactics and everything else otherwise.

kattanib

I think i`ve said this before, but Zlatan isnt exactly known for his CL-heroics.
Being a threat in the air is important, of course, but thats not all there is too it.

Its very simple, you don?t win in one style, you win in adopting the style that best fits your team. BBZ is surely supporting the wrong team as he should be cheering for Bayern

KingLeo10

Because using child labour in sweat shops and reportedly the Uyghur concentration camps as is where peak morality is at dawg.

Not even going to start about Hamas since that's a discussion in of itself

But somehow I need to get my head checked. They are all fucking shit , it just depends which kind of shit you like.

Not to mention that post is oozing the "woke" tone.

People need to calm down and stop with the holier than thou.

JamDav1982

He has all the money in the world and yet he don't want to buy a 185+ cm tall CF for a plan B.
His plan B is= there is no plan B.
Play plan A till death and repeat in the next season and hope that it will magically work.

What kind of a coach plays a fkng Gabriel Jesus as his main striker?
That dude couldn't play in any top team except in Pep's team since he wants playmaking-mobile CF as the most important skill.

How much do you watch Jesus?

He is not some great play making/silky CF... he is gets himself about and has good movement more than some great technical player.

Again spouting nonsense tot try and force a point.

BBZ8800

Pep most likely fucked up be ditching his more technical players not playing too many midgets.

As I have wrote today, in a simplified way, imagine that you have 3 ways of scoring goals:
1. after possession/shortpasses around the box
2. counters (from pacey forwards)
3. from crosses/headers

If you play Jesus and Sterling, you can't do a no3.
So, you have only 2 weapons.

Pep is always intentionally sacrifying one attacking weapon (crosses and headers) for possession and counters.

Now go and analyze RM and Bayern.
They always have 3 attacking weapons.
And crosses and headers are especially useful when nothing else works (late in the game).
How many times CR7 and Ramos scored in the 93rd minute?
Minute 93 is not the moment for possession and TikiTaka around the box, it's a moment for gambling and desperate crosses to create a havoc in the box.

But hey, Pep doesn't need crosses.
Since his teams are doing just fine with possession and counters.
7 CL seasons after Barca, 7 KOs.
With some really admirable defeats like against Monaco, Lyon and similar.
He is not even losing to Bayern or RM.
He just lost to the 7th placed team from the farmers ligue who had 11 wins, 7 draws and 10 defeats in a farmer's league.

So, don't ever change Pep.
You are doing it perfectly good.
Why changing anything, I mean, it worked in 2011, lol.

BBZ8800

Pep actually played a lineup you'd like BBZ. Tall, physical players.

In attack?

Have you missed like 1000 posts about 3 attacking weapons: possession, counters, crosses (headers)?
He is always killing the 3rd option.

A guy invented fkng short corners to not lose the possession on crosses.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
As I have wrote today, in a simplified way, imagine that you have 3 ways of scoring goals:
1. after possession/shortpasses around the box
2. counters (from pacey forwards)
3. from crosses/headers

If you play Jesus and Sterling, you can't do a no3.
So, you have only 2 weapons.

Pep is always intentionally sacrifying one attacking weapon (crosses and headers) for possession and counters.

Now go and analyze RM and Bayern.
They always have 3 attacking weapons.
And crosses and headers are especially useful when nothing else works (late in the game).
How many times CR7 and Ramos scored in the 93rd minute?
Minute 93 is not the moment for possession and TikiTaka around the box, it's a moment for gambling and desperate crosses to create a havoc in the box.

But hey, Pep doesn't need crosses.
Since his teams are doing just fine with possession and counters.
7 CL seasons after Barca, 7 KOs.
With some really admirable defeats like against Monaco, Lyon and similar.
He is not even losing to Bayern or RM.
He just lost to the 7th placed team from the farmers ligue who had 11 wins, 7 draws and 10 defeats in a farmer's league.

So, don't ever change Pep.
You are doing it perfectly good.
Why changing anything, I mean, it worked in 2011, lol.

Did you watch the game? Genuinely? Sterling and Jesus missed sitters. It's not like they were shut down from the game in the way Messi can be. They were just shit with their finishing.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Not to mention that post is oozing the "woke" tone.

People need to calm down and stop with the holier than thou.

Amen dawg.

Anyway back on topic at hand. This loss puts a massive dent in Pep's legacy. Getting folded 4 times in the QF by the likes of Spurs , Lyon , Monaco and Liverpool is just pathetic. Cant argue about the players lack of quality either (especially at the back) since he is the one that bought them.

Yannik

Because using child labour in sweat shops and reportedly the Uyghur concentration camps as is where peak morality is at dawg.

Not even going to start about Hamas since that's a discussion in of itself

But somehow I need to get my head checked. They are all fucking shit , it just depends which kind of shit you like.

Have you read what I wrote about Nike and Adidas? PSG and City are publicly backing a feudal slavery regime and still wear that Nike and Puma jersey ON TOP of all that. Yes, there's bad and there's worse. That's the point.
The question isn't "are there any saints left in modern CL", the question is "do I want the plague or cholera?"

BBZ8800

Let me guess.. players fault again. Same players pep hand-picked. Perfect tactics and everything else otherwise.

Yes.

It's not Pep.

It's:
1. individual errors of defenders
2. individual errors of a GK
3. misses of his strikers

Pep did everything right, like in the last 7 years.
It's just that everything ELSE is wrong, not him.

Home of Barca Fans