Champions League

Rassvet

PSG dominated RM yesterday, OK
Will they dominate in the return leg? We don't know
Are they a better team overall this season? Hell NO

and then:
Are you sure they can dominate Ajax for instance?
No, you are not
irrespective of what you will reply (you might be biased about it due to your emotional bond with Messi)

So, no it doesn't work that simplistically

Well said Birdy.

Madrid played into PSG’s hands with their tactics yesterday by sitting back so much. It remains to be seen how PSG cope against teams that play them differently.

In the group stages, a poor Leipzig team outplayed them in Paris and battered them over the 90 minutes in Germany with pressing and higher intensity football while City bossed them for 180 minutes as well with the scorelines massively flattering PSG in both matches.

ajnotkeith

Well said Birdy.

Madrid played into PSG?s hands with their tactics yesterday by sitting back so much. It remains to be seen how PSG cope against teams that play them differently.

In the group stages, a poor Leipzig team outplayed them in Paris and battered them over the 90 minutes in Germany with pressing and higher intensity football while City bossed them for 180 minutes as well with the scorelines massively flattering PSG in both matches.

Yet Leipzig got 1 point from both games and needed a last minute penalty to get that point.

Usually a 'fluke' is not a fluke anymore when repeated many times. PSG have shown they can hang with the big teams in Europe, that's it.

Rassvet

Yet Leipzig got 1 point from both games and needed a last minute penalty to get that point.

Usually a 'fluke' is not a fluke anymore when repeated many times. PSG have shown they can hang with the big teams in Europe, that's it.

Scorelines flattered PSG. They were very lucky in the group stage. The only match they were the better team was the dead rubber at home to Brugge in the last match day.

KingLeo10

Bayern played like garbage today and yet here is Rassvet only even picking faults at PSG and not the other suspect top teams :lol:

Rassvet

I discuss PSG’s faults rather than Bayern’s faults in the midst of a discussion about PSG.

Wow, shocking!

This dumbass just loves trying to bait me :lol:

KingLeo10

I discuss PSG’s faults rather than Bayern’s faults in the midst of a discussion about PSG.

Wow, shocking!

This dumbass just loves trying to bait me :lol:

Relax. That's not even a bait. No insults, nothing. Just an observation that you're keen to nitpick everything with PSG. Your agenda is crystal clear, bozo.

Maybe you can't read but this is the CL thread and discussion is top 8 teams in Europe. :lol:

ajnotkeith

Scorelines flattered PSG. They were very lucky in the group stage. The only match they were the better team was the dead rubber at home to Brugge in the last match day.

If PSG manage to put in a similar performance in the Bernabeu, there is no doubt in my mind they are a top team.

Rassvet

If PSG manage to put in a similar performance in the Bernabeu, there is no doubt in my mind they are a top team.

I’ve been surprised how easy Madrid look to play against of late. Even Villareal and Barca in the super cup had the better of the play against this Madrid team and they will have no Casemiro or Mendy for the match.

Them repeating this performance in the second leg would definitely count for a bit, especially if they show they can integrate Neymar well into the team. Maybe that would cement them as just about the 5th best team in Europe for me.

I still wouldn’t consider them a top team until they can go toe to toe with City, Pool, Bayern, or Chelsea though.

Horatio

You're welcome
I’ve been surprised how easy Madrid look to play against of late. Even Villareal and Barca in the super cup had the better of the play against this Madrid team and they will have no Casemiro or Mendy for the match.

Them repeating this performance in the second leg would definitely count for a bit, especially if they show they can integrate Neymar well into the team. Maybe that would cement them as just about the 5th best team in Europe for me.

I still wouldn’t consider them a top team until they can go toe to toe with City, Pool, Bayern, or Chelsea though.

Not sure if I am on to something but...against both Barca(Supercopa) and PSG they tried to sit back and play on counter first half. One would think they would conserve energy. But both Barca and PSG still came out looking fresher team at min 90. Maybe bad rotation, maybe covid. Maybe me being delusional.

Birdy

Not sure if I am on to something but...against both Barca(Supercopa) and PSG they tried to sit back and play on counter first half. One would think they would conserve energy. But both Barca and PSG still came out looking fresher team at min 90. Maybe bad rotation, maybe covid. Maybe me being delusional.

It's the approach.
Ancelotti felt envious towards the glory European days of Ernie from some years back.

What he does "vs Top teams" is criminal.
When a team normally plays well cruising through their league with a certain approach and philosophy, you don't change that.
Let alone that such cowardice will ALWAYS get punished in modern football

Messi983

Guys, keep a closer eye on Salzburg's Camara and tell me then what you think about him.

Stunning player. I hope Xavi was watching this game and saw what a modern day DM is supposed to do.

Mohamed Camara vs Bayern

24 passes
75% pass accuracy
6/7 successful dribbles
6 tackles won
2 interceptions
1 clearance
1/1 aerial won
17/22 duels won

A huge amount of work put into this game by Salzburg's midfield general.

Now back to reality and see again what our DM is doing...

FLggJRnaAAEOdDU

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans