Chelsea

Porque

Does Moneyball even work when everybody else is scouting the same way and City group has 20 clubs across 8 continents, 3 planets and 2 solar systems.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Does Moneyball even work when everybody else is scouting the same way and City group has 20 clubs across 8 continents, 3 planets and 2 solar systems.

Nope.
What Real Madrid are doing is what Chelsea should have done with their money.
Spend a lot of money on way less players, but elite players already and the occasional elite talent.

serghei

They also upgraded their team bus

new-multi-decker-buses-in-london-v0-fih9y4t1aysb1.jpg

Maradona37

They're trying some retarded version of moneyball where they're signing up a lot of top-end talent hoping 10% of them will pan out. They know most of them will flop.

Issue with that strategy is that young players like that need a stable environment usually with some vets/experienced players around them. Proper leadership.
Without that you'll have what you saw last season. Dumbass players fighting over silly things on the pitch or over some onlyfans girl or some shit as Nicolas Jackson did lol. I don't like Pochettino and don't think he's elite or ever will be an elite manager, however.......I probably was too harsh on him because no one can have success with the conditions he had to work under.

Guys like Pep, Klopp wouldn't even touch a job like that.
Brilliant post. Totally agree.

Loki

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano
@FabrizioRomano

Maresca: “I am not working with 42 players. I am working with 21 players”.
“The other 15-20 players are training apart. I don't see them. It's not a mess like it looks from outside. Absolutely not”.“They can even have 20 years contract, it’s not my point. I don’t care”.

Must be really nice for these 20 players signing a contract and reading/hearing their coach talking like they're trash. But somehow I don't pity them a bit. They knew where they sign.

Home of Barca Fans