CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

[tw]717337697187078145[/tw]

Alba is the only LB. Verm can play there in theory, but it's surely a position that needs reinforcements. Hope Atletico won't kick our players again. The ref is good, hope he acts soon if they do.

Galning

I hope the referee is strict, even if it means he's overly strict. I fear Atlético will play as butchers tonight.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Hoping for a good result, the team owes us one after that Clasico defeat. Visca el Barca!!! :barcascarf:

Pique: "We'll go all out from the start. Atletico has a spectacular season. It's important to score and to get a good result in first leg."

Last edited:

Total-Football

we are not in th 90's no more .. in the champions league nowadays it doesnt matter if you conceide at home .. home and away are almost the same ( see bayern vs Juventus ) .. we shouldn't be extra careful .. play offensive and win .. 3 - 1 or 3 - 2 it doesnt matter just win

PhilS

This list of 18 is a bit thin at fullback. Makes you realize how valuable a player like Sergi Roberto is, able to provide quality backup at 5 positions. Lucho has to give him frequent enough playing time to make sure he is ready to step into the starting lineup when Alba or Alves get hurt or tired.

PhilS

Bojan posted a graph a few pages back, Atletico is indeed the best defence of the century.

Except against Barca. There are two Atletico defenses: against all teams but Barca, the best of the century. Against Barca, they give up 2 goals a game. Their back line is not quick enough to deal with MSN.

mazp

we are not in th 90's no more .. in the champions league nowadays it doesnt matter if you conceide at home .. home and away are almost the same ( see bayern vs Juventus ) .. we shouldn't be extra careful .. play offensive and win .. 3 - 1 or 3 - 2 it doesnt matter just win

The only difference is that Atleti have the best defense in Europe.. Better than both Bayern and Juve, we will be lucky if we create 3 or 4 clear cut chances. If we do, MSN must take them. Hope their up for it.

Last edited:

Devils

Do they have the best defense? I've been too busy to pay a lot of attention to football recently but aren't most of their starting defenders injured?

Either way this is the most must win game of the season so far. A draw or loss and we're going to make it exponentially more difficult on ourselves for the second leg.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Do they have the best defense? I've been too busy to pay a lot of attention to football recently but aren't most of their starting defenders injured?

Either way this is the most must win game of the season so far. A draw or loss and we're going to make it exponentially more difficult on ourselves for the second leg.

Yes, as far as I know Gimenez and Savic won't play today, so it's advantage for us. That guy Lucas might not have enough experience to deal with MSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans