CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Very weird. I really don't understand what enrique's trying to do.

Maybe it's not Lucho, but Messi wanting to be more involved, thus going more in the center than usual. Several times I saw him comming from RW in the middle and not going back to RW except after a longer time.

mazp

6 games, vs weak teams, and we can still lose 1 and become champions. And that's considering AM and Real go 6/6. I think we can afford to even lose the Sociedad game. That's not to say we can't win with some back-up players.

I think we will break the Anoeta curse. We're just due for a win there.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wtf, Lufts? This team give us way more joy than disappointments. But I guess some of us are too spoiled to realize that, and demand a huge win, or it's no good. 39 matches without a defeat, and the minute there's a struggle, this kind of reaction happens. It's pathetic. Players aren't robots. 53 matches played. Atletico played their 46. rm is on 40. for perspective. Not counting nt duties.

Flavia, you are not getting my point and are too quick to judge me.

I am NOT asking for huge wins. It is not always about the silverware. I very much appreciate what the team has done, of course. So much joy. I am asking for 100% effort, even if we lose, we lose with our heads held high. Did we give our 100% in the last two games, in your opinion?

We had the same discussion a couple of years ago, I think. This team does have the tendency to at least APPEAR to be not giving their all. Lack of urgency is one of the tell-tail characteristics of this team sometimes I am afraid. When was the last time we showed urgency to keep going and going and going like we are behind and it was the 89th minute? I don't remember.

Sometimes we can attribute it fatigue, but this is not always the case. I think the game against Real Madrid showed that we held back quite a bit. We were more capable of what we displayed. Was it fatigue? I am not so sure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The tie is as good as over bow. Atletico needed a victory or a draw, they have to attack in the return leg, which means they will be massacred on the break. They can never avoid a red card or two either.

If they score one we will be in serious trouble. You know how shaky our defense is.

NeyMesSis

Wtf, Lufts? This team give us way more joy than disappointments. But I guess some of us are too spoiled to realize that, and demand a huge win, or it's no good. 39 matches without a defeat, and the minute there's a struggle, this kind of reaction happens. It's pathetic. Players aren't robots. 53 matches played. Atletico played their 46. rm is on 40. for perspective. Not counting nt duties.

100%!!!

PATHETIC of some "fans"

serghei

[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION], team gave 100% in the 2nd half. Fans were up for it as well. Those 45 min. must have felt like 70 for AM.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
6 games, vs weak teams, and we can still lose 1 and become champions. And that's considering AM and Real go 6/6. I think we can afford to even lose the Sociedad game. That's not to say we can't win with some back-up players.

Not sure, serghei. We will face Valencia and the most hated Espanyol at home and there is Betis away (which Real Madrid lost or tied if I am not mistaken), we need to maintain our cushion. I'd accept a draw at Anoeta, not a loss.

F

Flavia

Flavia, you are not getting my point and are too quick to judge me.

I am NOT asking for huge wins. It is not always about the silverware. I very much appreciate what the team has done, of course. So much joy. I am asking for 100% effort, even if we lose, we lose with our heads held high. Did we give our 100% in the last two games, in your opinion?

We had the same discussion a couple of years ago, I think. This team does have the tendency to at least APPEAR to be not giving their all. Lack of urgency is one of the tell-tail characteristics of this team sometimes I am afraid. When was the last time we showed urgency to keep going and going and going like we are behind and it was the 89th minute? I don't remember.

Sometimes we can attribute it fatigue, but this is not always the case. I think the game against Real Madrid showed that we held back quite a bit. We were more capable of what we displayed. Was it fatigue? I am not so sure.

All teams have this tendency. Because players are people. It's not easy to stay motivated after so much success. And yet they are still on top, for many years. This is not something that happens often in football. And I judged your sentence. Saying these players don't deserve our support, after a bit of struggle, is pathetic. They won't play 100% all games, is not humanly possible. And playing 7 or 12 or matches more than your adversary makes a difference too. Many Barça fans are spoiled. If the team doesn't win, it means they didn't care, or gave what they could. And that's not how it works.

barcanuck

Wow what a game! Was jumping up and down in my living room! At times I was getting the Chelsea Bus Park beating us feelings. Then Luis reminded me how he is a bus destroyer.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Oh my god the meltdown here is of epic proportion.

We score ONE goal, just ONE in calderon and they are in deep shit.

@Luft mate I think you're better off the keyboard tonight, if you think this team doesn't deserve you, clearly you are more upset than most of us about the display lol

JamDav1982

Messi, Ney and Suarez will come good and even tonight they were fairly average thyey could have scored 4/5 between them.

The biggest worry for me is the midfield. It lacks a lot of physicality, pace and energy. Defensively teams can cut through at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans