CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altomonte

I am sure Simeone is practiving with his players how to fall and simulate pain after having been touched ever so slightly. It seems to work eith gullible referees who want to make up for the red card - wants to help the team playing with only 10.
Anyway, our South American players are slowly shaking off their jet lag. I am optimistic although 2:1 was not a great result.
Final observation: Iniesta is very important, it clearly shows when he is subbed off.

F

Flavia

Man, I am glad we won as you promised but man, how sad and angry I have been in the last 2 hours.

Sometimes this team really doesn't deserve our support I felt.

Wtf, Lufts? This team give us way more joy than disappointments. But I guess some of us are too spoiled to realize that, and demand a huge win, or it's no good. 39 matches without a defeat, and the minute there's a struggle, this kind of reaction happens. It's pathetic. Players aren't robots. 53 matches played. Atletico played their 46. rm is on 40. for perspective. Not counting nt duties.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Had a feeling we would win at HT and Barca delivered. :veryhappy:

I guess we all owe one big thanx to Torres and our man LUIS SUAREZ!

:barcaflag:

Major concern: Ney and Messi looked bad again. We need to rest MSN vs. Sociedad.

But we can't afford to rest them. Losing at Anoeta, a venue that we hardly won (did we ever? I don't remember.) will reduce our lead to a mere 3 points when there are still 6 rounds of games left. Way too dangerous. We need to go for a win there this weekend.

Morten

The tie is as good as over bow. Atletico needed a victory or a draw, they have to attack in the return leg, which means they will be massacred on the break. They can never avoid a red card or two either.

Neimax

Nice reaction of the team in the second half that secured the win. Psychologically, this was probably the most important moment of the whole season.

Last edited:

serghei

But we can't afford to rest them. Losing at Anoeta, a venue that we hardly won (did we ever? I don't remember.) will reduce our lead to a mere 3 points when there are still 6 rounds of games left. Way too dangerous. We need to go for a win there this weekend.

6 games, vs weak teams, and we can still lose 1 and become champions. And that's considering AM and Real go 6/6. I think we can afford to even lose the Sociedad game. That's not to say we can't win with some back-up players.

mazp

So park the bus in the second leg and get a 0-0? LOL

Wonder what Atletico will do knowing that they have to score. Will they come out or will they still have them scared tactics

Pressure us high up the pitch, score quickly and bunker down..if possible.

Kuchi

They will try a 15 min forcing at the start, than park the bus. If they dont score after the early push, they'll chip away hoping for a goal. No space for us.

Truthist

Midfield was shocking defensively.

The three of Raki, Iniesta and Busi are so slow and teams that break through the middle get at the defence so easily.

Seems to be exposed more when front three are off form and they try to push up a bit more to support them.

Lucky to get out that game with a 2-1 win.

This!

There's a worrying lack of mobility in the middle of the park. A pacey player will breeze through with relative ease.

serghei

We need to keep our head in the return leg, and look to score the goal that makes 2-1 at home very good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans