CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
All teams have this tendency. Because players are people. It's not easy to stay motivated after so much success. And yet they are still on top, for many years. This is not something that happens often in football. And I judged your sentence. Saying these players don't deserve our support, after a bit of struggle, is pathetic. They won't play 100% all games, is not humanly possible. And playing 7 or 12 or matches more than your adversary makes a difference too. Many Barça fans are spoiled. If the team doesn't win, it means they didn't care, or gave what they could. And that's not how it works.

I am not happy after each loss and I am heart broken after those important losses but I will never lament or complain if we gave everything we had. Sometimes luck is not on our side. Sometimes it is just not our day. I remember those games where Messi and other players had so many opportunities/shots saved/hit the post, I'd never have any hard feelings about those games.

I understand players are not robots, of course, I understand they will not give 100% equally in all games, after all not all games are created equal. But I'd say the most important games such as the el Clasico and any quarter-, semi- and finals in any competition they should give their 100%. This is their job. If you and I don't always give our 100%, especially during crunch time of our task/job/career, we will be fired. I am not asking any players to be fired of course, haha, just saying even for the sake of us the fans who are the foundation of these guys (who I love and appreciate very much), they should give their 100% in those important games.

Let's just drop this circle of sentences before it is getting too boring. :)

Catalan Fan

View attachment 6983

A weird formation we were playing...

Well, both goals came from Alves having a bit of space from the right wing position.Maybe the plan was for Don and Messi to suck in the fullbacks and leave space out wide for our fullbacks to exploit ?

I don't know, but it worked in the 2nd half I guess.

Anyways the result is pretty good considering we went 1-0 down, am reasonably confident we can get at least a score draw in the return leg to progress.

@luft cheer up mate ! we still on course for a potentially record breaking season :cheers:

I

instinct

Sometimes it is just not our day. I remember those games where Messi and other players had so many opportunities/shots saved/hit the post, I'd never have any hard feelings about those games.

Why are you complaining about today's game then?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Oh my god the meltdown here is of epic proportion.

We score ONE goal, just ONE in calderon and they are in deep shit.

@Luft mate I think you're better off the keyboard tonight, if you think this team doesn't deserve you, clearly you are more upset than most of us about the display lol

True, but it's a bit worrying that we let Atletico score first in all of our three last games against them. Just like with us, if they score the first goal, we're in deep, deep trouble.

F

Flavia

I am not happy after each loss and I am heart broken after those important losses but I will never lament or complain if we gave everything we had. Sometimes luck is not on our side. Sometimes it is just not our day. I remember those games where Messi and other players had so many opportunities/shots saved/hit the post, I'd never have any hard feelings about those games.

I understand players are not robots, of course, I understand they will not give 100% equally in all games, after all not all games are created equal. But I'd say the most important games such as the el Clasico and any quarter-, semi- and finals in any competition they should give their 100%. This is their job. If you and I don't always give our 100%, especially during crunch time of our task/job/career, we will be fired. I am not asking any players to be fired of course, haha, just saying even for the sake of us the fans who are the foundation of these guys (who I love and appreciate very much), they should give their 100% in those important games.

Let's just drop this circle of sentences before it is getting too boring. :)

Super Bayern(the team you often say you fear etc) won by only 1-0 at home, vs Benfica. Our team is 1st in liga, in the cdr final, and fighting in the CL, after winning a treble. Not to mention the 39 unbeaten streak. If that's not giving 100%, I don't know what is.

bismp

It is absolutely essential to score first at Calderon.If we don't we are in biiiiiiig trouble

serghei

Messi, Ney and Suarez will come good and even tonight they were fairly average thyey could have scored 4/5 between them.

The biggest worry for me is the midfield. It lacks a lot of physicality, pace and energy. Defensively teams can cut through at will.

Rakitic had a bad game I tought in the first half. A really bad one. That's why the midfield was off. He must be tired.

Devils

I'm just baffled by Lucho's decision to sub out our entire midfield....especially the way he did.

I think we would have created/scored more if he bought on Roberto first and went from there.

That Rafinha sub was so baffling. I stil am WTF over it.

Catalan Fan

True, but it's a bit worrying that we let Atletico score first in all of our three last games against them. Just like with us, if they score the first goal, we're in deep, deep trouble.

We'd only need 1 goal to go through ? 1-1 at their place wouldn't be out of the question.

After sat's game am fairly happy how this panned out tonight.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Honestly browsing some other websites and hearing people complain that the referees favored us again, what a joke. Torres was deservedly sent off and yeah Suarez should have been sent off as well but Atletico could have gotten 3 players sent off today and they only got 1, which was well deserved too. Yeah Suarez kicked out at Juanfran but how many times have we seen Ronaldo do that and nothing happened? He got booked for the challenge on Felipe Luis and it was a deserved yellow, a red would have been harsh in my opinion. Regardless, Barcelona deservedly finished with more men on the park than Atletico, end of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans