CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Both statements are true .if one of them get booked next game will be suspended 1st leg in Semi .if non get booked all of their yellows are whipped clean

More things added to a nail-biter then. We can't afford to not play them next game or if get past Atletico, the first game of the semi-finals.

xXKonan

First half was awful and a Continuation of the Classico. We looked Mentally out of it, Midfield was slow and Messi being in the Middle made things Confusing and Neymar and Suarez weren't good either. Second Half though was the Barcelona I wanted to see.

We were Hungry and Atletico was forced into Defending in the Box for most of the second half and we just kept piling it into them until Suarez scored the two goals. It could've been more yeah but this is the Barcelona I wanted to see.

It seems like this team when it's backs are against the wall in important matches We are able to fight our way back into the match like today.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I still remember people saying "If we play like in 2nd half in the 2nd leg, we are through" in 13-14 season vs Atleti in CL, hopefully this time we won't see the same ending.

mazp

I still remember people saying "If we play like in 2nd half in the 2nd leg, we are through" in 13-14 season vs Atleti in CL, hopefully this time we won't see the same ending.

This team is better than the 13-14 team, don't you think?

SKS-

Overall, a good result as it certainly puts us in a position to advance, but if there is any team in world football that can get a 1-0 result and play with mental toughness, its definitely Atleti. However, they'll have to effectively nullify our attack, and as good as they are defensively, they have not shown they are capable of shutting down Enrique's Barcelona.

Overall, a good result as it certainly puts us in a position to advance, but if there is any team in world football that can get a 1-0 result and play with mental toughness, its definitely Atleti. However, they'll have to effectively nullify our attack, and as good as they are defensively, they have not shown they are capable of shutting down Enrique's Barcelona.

Th e next leg is going to be frantic. Both teams need a goal to have the best chance of winning. If we can hurt them in that gap where they're forced to attack, then we can go through. Our countering will be of paramount importance there.

Mido

I disagree with people saying that we were disappointing during the first half. It was rather,in my opinion, Messi that didn't rise to our expectations that made the 1st half seem to be average. And this, by the way, shows the influence he has on our game.

Before Atleti's 1st goal we brought a lot of intensity, I really really liked Alves, Iniesta abd Busquets during this half. Alves is back to his high level of playing and i hope it continues like that. We were outrageously dominating them. We struggled to materialize clear chances because Messi gave me impression that he was at 15%. It broke our attacking rythm and consistency. But that's just guesses I am making, I might be wrong.

Alves and Alba fought like lions during the 2nd half ! Kudos to them.

Now it's really time to rotate against Sociedad. Suarez being suspended, I would really like to see the following team playing :

--------------Munir---------------
--Neymar------------------Messi--
---------Turan-----Rafinha---------
--------------Busquets------------
---Alba---------------------Roberto--
---------Vermaelen----Piqué-------

Messi really needs a rest. Hope he'll be fit for Sociedad.

Time for Turan to raise his game now. He played really well with Rakitic and Alves as a RW vs Bilbao at the Copa Del Rey in San Mames

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Messi, Ney and Suarez will come good and even tonight they were fairly average thyey could have scored 4/5 between them.

The biggest worry for me is the midfield. It lacks a lot of physicality, pace and energy. Defensively teams can cut through at will.

Easily 4/5. Neymar alone had 4-5 great chances, but missed them all. We could have put this series to rest, but we couldn't. It's shame. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans