CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollegah

in germany the only thing i hear is that bayern sould not worry about barca, because they are beatable and have a weak defence

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Out of curiosity, how's the reactions at your respective country after the game from yesterday?

In Sweden, many supporters from other teams are really against us. They have said that the referee was on our side. that Busquets "dived" in order to sent off Torres while at the same time not mention a single word about the reckless fouls from Lucas & Augusto etc.

In other words, the usual stuff bias against us.

There's even an article on Marca from those hooligans Guti and Juanma Rodriguez talking about UEFA is "preparing the UCL for us" .. and that's coming from RM socios..

Shameless!

Keki

on uk tv (bt sport) first half talk " Barca looked clueless how to break down Atletico until red card thanks to Torres , then Barca got some sort of grip on the game " i some what agree 11 vs 11 they looked well comfortable , i don't like this tie ,
we need some magic at vicente calderon

vlad

In other words, the usual stuff bias against us.

There's even an article on Marca from those hooligans Guti and Juanma Rodriguez talking about UEFA is "preparing the UCL for us" .. and that's coming from RM socios..

Shameless!

they are preparing UCL for barca to win again so much that they had roma, then wolfsburg i quarterfinals

MagIX

on uk tv (bt sport) first half talk " Barca looked clueless how to break down Atletico until red card thanks to Torres , then Barca got some sort of grip on the game " i some what agree 11 vs 11 they looked well comfortable , i don't like this tie ,
we need some magic at vicente calderon

Agreed. Obviously the red card changed TOTALLY the match. Saying that we played well the 2nd half.... it seems to me that we forgot that we played 11 vs 10.

jairzinho

Lots of the usual crap about how Barca are protected and other nonsense making the rounds. It's like there's some sort of agenda against Barca. Laughable stuff if you ask me. Can't wait for the 2nd leg.

raskolnikov

A lot uefalona stuff which I dont get, ref was bad all around, especially in the second half. Torres rightfully got send off so I dont get the whining but Simeone and the players pulling a Drogba makes everyone want to believe it. In many peoples mind they want to disregard a decade of dominance so they bring up the 09 semi and Busquets dive to justify their uefalona propaganda in every game.
Last night the ref was bad all around, he should have send Suarez off bit also two Atletico players along with Torres but everyone is ignoring that.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Feck them all, they only hate us because we're winning. Simple as that.

Gaudi

When you are the best club in the world it's normal that others hate you, mostly from fear.

jairzinho

Most of it is generated from EPL fanboys along with Madrid fans and sympathizers alike. But like Vlom said Feck them all.

serghei

Shame we didn't score 1 more goal. That would have been tie almost over. Now it is tie open with us having a slim advantage. Good thing is that we can make the small advantage a huge one by scoring once and sealing the tie with a 2nd goal on the counter.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Out of curiosity, how's the reactions at your respective country after the game from yesterday?

In Sweden, many supporters from other teams are really against us. They have said that the referee was on our side. that Busquets "dived" in order to sent off Torres while at the same time not mention a single word about the reckless fouls from Lucas & Augusto etc.

Since we lost the game on Saturday against Real Madrid all the Real Madrid and non-Barca fans in China came out and celebrated like some sort of major festivities and all have pointed out how weak and vulnerable we are, all of sudden we became "a paper tiger". Yesterday's game only reinforced their belief that we are near our end. Basically people are touting us for what they see "the most imbalanced team of all" with "a super MSN and a second-rate midfield and defense" etc.

Everybody seems to be supporting Atletico and many of them genuinely think they have a better chance to advance. I read someone posting a stat of only 49.6% of all teams with a first leg home game lead of 2-1 ended up going through to the next round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans