CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-1 in the first leg is a very good result for the away team. And probably the most dangerous lead a team can have going into the second leg away. That said, Atletico need to score, so MSN can hurt them on the break if they're on form.

barcanuck

Holy shit reading some of the comments on here cracks me up. We suck, we aren't trying, etc.

Listen to the voice of reason [MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION] said we have played 53 games. Double digits more than the Madrid teams. Oh and of those 53 games 39 in a row unbeaten.

Kragod

Easily 4/5. Neymar alone had 4-5 great chances, but missed them all. We could have put this series to rest, but we couldn't. It's shame. :(

The biggest chance he missed i thought was the clear header at 0-0. If that was a goal, the outcome i think would have been 2-0. I remember thinking that yesterday after his miss...

raskolnikov

We look far better in the second half. Thats the intensity and motivation we need.
We need to sort things out so we dont play similair to post pique goal vs Real until the second half yesterday.
If we can play like we did in the second half we can get to the semi's.

MagIX

Key factor was the red card for Torres, until this fact ATM were the better team. No sense to say we played well in the 2. half, we played 11 vs 10.
Simeone prepared the match very well and anyway it is always difficult to play agaist ATM.
Good and lucky result for us.
I am pretty confident for the 2. leg.:barcascarf:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The only thing that bugged me about the ref was that he let them push and shove Neymar all the time. Rest of the time it seemed okay, it was a physical game, but Ney got a real beating there.

Kuchi

And the fact that he spent 60% of the match compensating for a clear double yellow for Torres.

Galning

We really stepped it up in the second half. The first half looked like the second half against Real all over again. The referee was an absolute joke though, compensating to the max after the Torres red card. Funniest thing I ever saw was Sergi Roberto getting elbowed in the face and Atlético got the foul :lol:

Say what you want about Simeone and his achievements but he's got his team playing like a mini-version of a team coached by Mourinho. Chelsea, Inter or Madrid. At one point in the game he was complaining to the ref and the fourth official, midway through his complaint he turned around to his bench to ask them to stand up and complain too as he saw nobody followed him. What on earth has happened to football?

Kuchi

Say what you want about Simeone and his achievements but he's got his team playing like a mini-version of a team coached by Mourinho. Chelsea, Inter or Madrid. At one point in the game he was complaining to the ref and the fourth official, midway through his complaint he turned around to his bench to ask them to stand up and complain too as he saw nobody followed him. What on earth has happened to football?

Agreed, time wasting and fouls all around, shameful really, that's it. I remember laughing about the new subs, new blood with no yellows. A disgrace, especially for a team that's not "small" anymore.

This reminds me of Cruyff and how blessed we are for his legacy.

El Flaco

Out of curiosity, how's the reactions at your respective country after the game from yesterday?

In Sweden, many supporters from other teams are really against us. They have said that the referee was on our side. that Busquets "dived" in order to sent off Torres while at the same time not mention a single word about the reckless fouls from Lucas & Augusto etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans