CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

alittlebitter

lol how is it that our own fans are the most negative bunch. imagine thinking bayern is better when they just got their ass handed to them by porto. if that was us, you all would be calling for #LuchoOut tbh

F

Flavia

Great game! Shame for the og, but Mathieu made up for it with a block later.

That was amazing.

EdmondDantes

Great win. I actually sort of predicted Rabiot giving the ball away and us making it count. The first goal stunned them, and with that light weight midfield that provided almost no protection to their back four, the injury of Silva and most of their first 11 players out or not quite fit, they were doomed.

The word to avoid at the Camp Nou is complacency. We need to get the job done.

klc123

lol how is it that our own fans are the most negative bunch. imagine thinking bayern is better when they just got their ass handed to them by porto. if that was us, you all would be calling for #LuchoOut tbh

I can't agree more.
If we lost 3-1 to Porto people would be screaming for the managers head, saying that half the team needs to be sold in the summer, that all our best players are past it and need to be gradually retired over the next season, and that we need to completely reinvent our style of play from scratch by disregarding our clubs entire history.

Alik

How was it expected?

Well, like you said, Barca has stepped up in big games this season. Besides, like I said earlier, Barca is the stronger team. Even more given certain key players from PSG missing and the fact that it's been a strenuous season for them too. As well as them being familiar opponents.

We'll have tougher games ahead. At least, games in which I'm more nervous.

Maybe it isn't, but our recent big-game record is absolutely obscene!

We have beaten big club after big club after big club! That must count for something!!!

Yeah, it does count a lot. But we should wait until the CL and the league is over to see who is the best.

So far, we're doing awesome.

StarLord

Well, like you said, Barca has stepped up in big games this season. Besides, like I said earlier, Barca is the stronger team. Even more given certain key players from PSG missing and the fact that it's been a strenuous season for them too. As well as them being familiar opponents.

We'll have tougher games ahead. At least, games in which I'm more nervous.

Yeah, it does count a lot. But we should wait until the CL and the league is over to see who is the best.

So far, we're doing awesome.

Is it fair though now to say that Real Madrid are the only club in Europe that can be considered comparable to us?

Alik

Is it fair though now to say that Real Madrid are the only club in Europe that can be considered comparable to us?

Facing either Bayern (if they go through) or Real are the only 50-50 match-ups, over two legs, in my opinion.

But yeah, against other teams odds are in our favour. I think:

1-Atletico are looking spent, but perhaps can turn it up one last time.
2-Against Juve, I wouldn't know what to expect. Haven't actually followed them much.
3-Against Porto, we should win comfortably over 2 legs. But we are more prone to underestimate them than other teams.
4-Monaco, I'd expect a comfortable win.

Whilst in the final, anything can happen.

StarLord

Facing either Bayern (if they go through) or Real are the only 50-50 match-ups, over two legs, in my opinion.

2-Against Juve, I wouldn't know what to expect. Haven't actually followed them much.
3-Against Porto, we should win comfortably over 2 legs. But we are more prone to underestimate them than other teams.

I think that our CL performances have been far superior to Bayern's this season, and I would say even last season as well.

The only team in the world that can really put us on the ropes for long periods of time, is Real Madrid for me. Bayern are overrated and I have been saying this for some time now. Even their games in the GS were supremely underwhelming (except against geriatric AS Roma) as was the case in the CL last season for them.

I am not saying they are not a great side, and I consider tonight's result to have been a freak occurrence and down to their injuries as well. But my point here is that we and Real are superior teams. Having genuine superstars, really makes a difference.

gatsu

Well I was expecting an easy match and I was right, PSG is nothing without Verratti and Motta.

Comfortable win without spending much energy (Valencia's game will be much more difficult), semis, welcome back.

Leo_Messi

Great performance but can't say that I did not expect us to win rather comfortably. We are simply a much better team than PSG and especially a PSG team with numerous important absences. Thiago Silva's injury helped us a lot too.

Great to see such a cold-blooded Suárez. We missed that against Sevilla.

It's hard not to be optimistic before the return leg. I honestly can't see PSG qualifying. They would need a huge miracle IMO.

Now hopefully the team will win the crucial game against Valencia. It will be more difficult IMO.

khaled_a_d

Juve medfield specially if Pogba was back will be very dangerous and it will cause us a lot of trouble .that Vidal , Marchisio ,Pirlo ,Pogba could prove very tough for our midfield and also Tevez is very dangerous .Buffon on a good day can always save their ass
They will be one of trickiest teams IMO ,though we are still more superior

Kikan

Game over for psg . if they come to Barcelona and play an open game in the hope of scoring 3 goals they will be slaughtered with 3-4 more goals .

Most people are saying that bayern munich can recover , but i just can't see that happening especially if porto manages to score a goal in the second round .

I would say porto , barca , Juventuce are through already . ATM and RM is remain to be seen .

Home of Barca Fans