CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

Kikan

Great job by suarez who did not go down and he should continue to use his physicality instead of looking for fouls .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Great performance in Paris. It was a depleted PSG squad but I can't take anything away from Lucho's men. We struggled more under Pep in away CL knock-out matches.

Suarez, Macherano and Busquets were standout players for me. Followed by Pique and Neymar.
Also good news was that Alves' absence wasn't even noticeable.

Lucho said the tie isn't over and while I do think that with Verratti and Ibra PSG will look much better, I don't think we should worry much.

StarLord

Game over for psg . if they come to Barcelona and play an open game in the hope of scoring 3 goals they will be slaughtered with 3-4 more goals .

Most people are saying that bayern munich can recover , but i just can't see that happening especially if porto manages to score a goal in the second round .

I would say porto , barca , Juventuce are through already . ATM and RM is remain to be seen .

bwin still have Bayern Munich as 2nd favorites for the CL. While I would save that honor for Real Madrid, I would still expect the Bavarian club to go through come next Tuesday. Far from the cakewalk we all thought it would be though.

Morten

bwin still have Bayern Munich as 2nd favorites for the CL. While I would save that honor for Real Madrid, I would still expect the Bavarian club to go through come next Tuesday. Far from the cakewalk we all thought it would be though.

Reason for that is that we have to get through the double decker first, if we do, then i would say we are 2nd favorite.

Devils

Of course Bayern can go through, they only need a 2-0 win.

But their defense is complete and utter shambles which makes it very interesting.

Barcadub

They say you need abit of luck here and there to win the CL.

We got it tonight with all them PSG players missing. Made the night a lot easier.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
You can't be @100% in the league. Your max should always be saved for the Champions League.

This is Big Club 101.

I actually don't think we played that well today either. Not until the second goal did we really dominate. We won thanks to the brilliance of Suarez and good finishing, which is an aspect of our play that has been very inconsistent in recent years.
We were good, but not to the standards expected of a Champions League-winning team.

StarLord

Great performance in Paris. It was a depleted PSG squad but I can't take anything away from Lucho's men. We struggled more under Pep in away CL knock-out matches.

Suarez, Macherano and Busquets were standout players for me. Followed by Pique and Neymar.
Also good news was that Alves' absence wasn't even noticeable.

Lucho said the tie isn't over and while I do think that with Verratti and Ibra PSG will look much better, I don't think we should worry much.

Our CL away games under Pep (knock out rounds only)

2008/09:

Lyon-Barcelona 1-1

Bayern Munich-Barcelona 1-1 (first leg finished 4-0 for us)

Chelsea-Barcelona 1-1 :)iniesta:)

2009/10

Stuttgart-Barcelona 1-1

Arsenal-Barcelona 2-2

Inter-Barcelona 3-1

2010/11

Arsenal-Barcelona 2-1

Shaktar-Barcelona 0-1

Real Madrid-Barcelona 0-2 (only after Real Madrid went down to 10 men)

2011/12

Leverkusen-Barcelona 1-3

AC Milan-Barcelona 0-0

Chelsea-Barcelona 1-0

3 Wins, 6 draws and 3 defeats.

14 goals for, 13 against.

StarLord

I actually don't think we played that well today either. Not until the second goal did we really dominate. We won thanks to the brilliance of Suarez and good finishing, which is an aspect of our play that has been very inconsistent in recent years.
We were good, but not to the standards expected of a Champions League-winning team.

OK, you may be right, but which is this team that has played better than us this season. I am all ears. Honestly. You can take as long as you want to think about it.

They say you need abit of luck here and there to win the CL.

We got it tonight with all them PSG players missing. Made the night a lot easier.

Well, all of those Verrattis and Silvas and Mottas and Ibras were playing in the GS game when we beat them 3-1 again.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Our CL away games under Pep (knock out rounds only)

2008/09:

Lyon-Barcelona 1-1

Bayern Munich-Barcelona 1-1 (first leg finished 4-0 for us)

Chelsea-Barcelona 1-1 :)iniesta:)

2009/10

Stuttgart-Barcelona 1-1

Arsenal-Barcelona 2-2

Inter-Barcelona 3-1

2010/11

Arsenal-Barcelona 2-1

Shaktar-Barcelona 0-1

Real Madrid-Barcelona 0-2 (only after Real Madrid went down to 10 men)

2011/12

Leverkusen-Barcelona 1-3

AC Milan-Barcelona 0-0

Chelsea-Barcelona 1-0

3 Wins, 6 draws and 3 defeats.

14 goals for, 13 against.

You can add the the 12/13 season under Tito there too as the trend continues (actually worse).

Milan-Barcelona 2-0

PSG-Barcelona 2-2

Bayern-Barcelona 4-0

8 against, 2 for.

2 losses and 1 draw.

StarLord

You can add the the 12/13 season under Tito there too as the trend continues (actually worse).

Milan-Barcelona 2-0

PSG-Barcelona 2-2

Bayern-Barcelona 4-0

8 against, 2 for.

2 losses and 1 draw.

I was thinking about posting those disastrous results as well, but since the discussion revolved around Pep, I thought I had to restrict myself to his four years with us. But nice of you to point out our persistent underachieving in CL away games until :lucho: came along.

In fact, I would say that Suarez and Neymar are the real X-factor here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Luis Enrique:

We were focused, had possession and were good in defence. We made a lot of chances and were solid. We need to look to win the return match and avoid any surprises. We have been consistent in every department. We enjoyed most of the possession, like we wanted to, and we managed to vary our attacks.

Luis Suárez was both physically strong and technically agile, but I want to stress that all my players were very good today. When we play like that, we're very difficult to beat.

It's true that Paris will have several key players back for the second leg who were absent today. It will be a tough match, for sure. We have seen all sorts of scenarios in football, so we will not make the mistake of thinking it's over and qualification is a given.
We'll have the same goal as we do in every match: to win.

I have to congratulate the players. It's a big win for us and I think it was deserved. They tried to cause us problems and their goal came through a bit of luck, but these things happen in football.

Home of Barca Fans