CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

Altomonte

It was amazing to watch Xavi and Messi, Busquets, Mascherano and Pique during the final 20 minutes of the game - how they communicate, how they all anticipate what the other is doing. Messi could have played for another 60 minutes, he seems to have found a way to minimize the energy he is spending while still being effective. He could turn it on if he wanted - but he did not have to yesterday, Suarez had done the heavy lifting...
Rakitic did a very fine job, his passing is getting more and more accurate. Jordi Alba has an amazing ability to cover both ends of the field. Neymar is also much less wasteful, fitting into the system, maturing as a player. PSG did not have all top players but there is definitely reason to believe that Barca's quality will go a long way this year.

Heavy

Neymar playing as Messi would be a catatrophy in my opinion because of his extremely average passing qualities.
His passes are okay, he is a lot better in the left side though, just wanted to see Messi being the Maestro in the center, then put everyone else anywhere. :lol:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Didn't have a chance to comment about the game before so I shall do it now even though I am a few days late.

Overall a fantastic game. We played really well against a top European side and we have one foot in the semi finals. Only thing that worried me is that we are starting to concede goals through individual mistakes in games where we have been playing superbly. It cost us against Sevilla but we have to be careful.

Mediha94

You cannot imagine the big emotions i have to see this amazing match in Paris.

i just want to thanks this beautiful team, garcias gracias gracias to give us all this emotions.

I am so proud and with the 3 for us this year, C, copa and liga

this team allows us to dream and I hope that we will reach the final of course.

As for PSG here in France there are differences, all the French are not for this team, personally I think the only good psg has won the French championship and can claim the champion's league even with good players;

Apologies for the lack of players is totally not credible

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ibra, Verratti are back for the return leg. Considering the Paris result, I think we're bound to see some complacency on Barca side. And let's not forget possible rotations and game vs. Espanyol on weekend.
l'd be happy with a draw.

StarLord

Ibra, Verratti are back for the return leg. Considering the Paris result, I think we're bound to see some complacency on Barca side. And let's not forget possible rotations and game vs. Espanyol on weekend.
l'd be happy with a draw.

You can also add that PSG now have nothing to lose, only their injured pride to salvage! While we may show complacency and distraction due to the tight and brutal La Liga race still ongoing.

Having said that, I remain positive due to the fact that the Camp Nou should be packed, the CL theme always sets the pulse racing, and Messi will be desperate for his first CL knockout goal for the season, while Neymar and Suarez would like their streaks against PSG to continue. Our front three always want to prove themselves and that is a good thing in this case.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
It would take a very bad performance from us (and a flawless one from PSG) for them to go through. They have to score 3 to even be in with a chance.

Home of Barca Fans