CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

Antimadridista1

Hi guys.
I had the chance to be at the Parc des Princes yesterday to watch the game, and it was a beautiful evening. There was a lot of Barca fans around the stadium, had the opportunity to discuss with a few one's .
The team played very well and Luis Suarez silenced the stadium twice with stunning goals. Amazing night.
I also had the chance to grab a few selfies with the likes of Eto'o and Thiago Motta.

Here's a few pictures. Visca Barca !

View attachment 6815
View attachment 6816
View attachment 6817

Last edited:

Bucky

Penya Member
lol how is it that our own fans are the most negative bunch. imagine thinking bayern is better when they just got their ass handed to them by porto. if that was us, you all would be calling for #LuchoOut tbh

Think that's more around here, instead of a broad, general statement for all Barça fans. Those I've spoke to haven't echoed such ludo comments that I've read here. Some people's heads go, are pessimistic etc whether that's because of the net anonymity & they haven't supported Barça long - I don't know.

We were outplayed by Sevilla a few days ago

Heads gone.

Game over for psg . if they come to Barcelona and play an open game in the hope of scoring 3 goals they will be slaughtered with 3-4 more goals .

Most people are saying that bayern munich can recover , but i just can't see that happening especially if porto manages to score a goal in the second round .

I would say porto , barca , Juventuce are through already . ATM and RM is remain to be seen .

There is some truth in that; it will be hard for PSG to come to the Camp Nou and go for goals. They would need to play like they did in the first leg of the group stage where they looked to break on the counter, intercept passes and capitalize on our mistakes. They looked dangerous in that game. Whilst it's hard to see them as a team right now coming back from this, we shouldn't take it for granted, there's still a job to do. It is one of those for Barça to throw away.

Porto... all Bayern have to do is score 2 goals. I would not right them off. A game at their own ground, need 2 goals and have the "all important away goal", and they could be right back in it. Something they are more than capable of doing. I hope Porto hold off or score, that would be incredible.

Great performance in Paris. It was a depleted PSG squad but I can't take anything away from Lucho's men. We struggled more under Pep in away CL knock-out matches.

Suarez, Macherano and Busquets were standout players for me. Followed by Pique and Neymar.
Also good news was that Alves' absence wasn't even noticeable.

Lucho said the tie isn't over and while I do think that with Verratti and Ibra PSG will look much better, I don't think we should worry much.

Agree to an extent; whilst I feel that Alves wasn't missed, it felt like Montoya for a lot of the game - even though doing a good job of popping up, wasn't getting the service as he often found himself in wide open spaces on the right but ignored as the player with the ball simply turned around and passed it down the left. In need of a solid RB/RWB.

May have been because Messi was more central for a lot of the match and holding off with rare opportunities going forward.

That part of the system annoyed me (pushing Messi in field) but I suppose when you look at it Messi was man marked a lot. So arguably without the support of a more solid player in Alves, Messi didn't receive that crutch to fall back on?

Thought a lot of the players did well, it was unfortunate about Mathieu's "own goal", it was a weak & cruel deflection.

Think it will be more comfortable if we score 1 or 2 goals on the return to Camp Nou.

@Antimadridista1 - nice pics, hope you enjoyed. Seen a video pre game, looks like everyone was having a good laugh and great atmosphere. Certainly a great result :D

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys.
I had the chance to be at the Parc des Princes yesterday to watch the game, and it was a beautiful evening. There was a lot of Barca fans around the stadium, had the opportunity to discuss with a few one's .
The team played very well and Luis Suarez silenced the stadium twice with stunning goals. Amazing night.
I also had the chance to grab a few selfies with the likes of Eto'o and Thiago Motta.

View attachment 6815
View attachment 6816
View attachment 6817

:rockon:

Barcadub

Hi guys.

View attachment 6815
View attachment 6816
View attachment 6817

Great stuff.

There is something special about away games.

Was in Manchester and it was great to be amongst hardcore Barca supporters.

L

linetty

lol how is it that our own fans are the most negative bunch. imagine thinking bayern is better when they just got their ass handed to them by porto. if that was us, you all would be calling for #LuchoOut tbh
Every fan base is the same

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
CCqGbPGW4AAmC-C.jpg

:unzue:
Simply one of the most beautiful things I ever saw

Barcadub

Rewatching the highlights.

Loved how Barca sprinted out before the dangerous freekick was taken in the first half. using their brains big time. PSG scored a goal in the group game from the same position.

some random lurking on psg forums, this was posted 25 min before the game :lol:
Je le sens (très) mal ce match... mais vraiment mal !!! pour la première fois en coupe d'Europe je ne pourrai être au Parc ce soir... c'est peut-être pour ça.
je ne vois hélas que 1 à 3 pour le Barca
désolé !
ALLEZ PARIS !!!!

I have a (very) bad feeling about this.. very bad !! first time i can't be at the Parc for european tournaments too... Maybe that's why.
I sadly only see 1-3 for Barça
Sorry !
GO PARIS !!!

:alveshat:

PhilS

Watching the second half on my DVR last night, I was having a hard time identifying exactly which 5 or 6 PSG players would crack the first 11 for Barca. Can any of the fans who were posting these helpful lists prior to the match please remind me?

Home of Barca Fans