CL Round 2: Barca - Young Boys 5-0

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Agree that YB shouldn’t be underestimated despite their poor form. For several years now they’ve been far & away the strongest side en Suisse (6 of last 7 league titles)

Not sure why they struggle this season, they have been entertaining in their style of play for awhile now

Format sucks because I would’ve loved seeing Barça in Berne

Interesting background story to their nickname and colors, linked to Basel ‘Old Boys’ who formed a new club after they finished school and were no longer eligible for prior club - ergo, ‘Old Boys’. Founders of YB started in Basel and took the same colors and went with ´Young Boys’

They are extremely well supported club by fans, only hooliganism remotely exists when they face Zurich

Messi983

Apparently the only diliema Flick has is whether to start Ferran or Pablo. But more likely Ferret will start for his "experience". So Raphinha as a 10.

delancey

Agree that YB shouldn’t be underestimated despite their poor form. For several years now they’ve been far & away the strongest side en Suisse (6 of last 7 league titles)

Not sure why they struggle this season, they have been entertaining in their style of play for awhile now

Format sucks because I would’ve loved seeing Barça in Berne

Interesting background story to their nickname and colors, linked to Basel ‘Old Boys’ who formed a new club after they finished school and were no longer eligible for prior club - ergo, ‘Old Boys’. Founders of YB started in Basel and took the same colors and went with ´Young Boys’

They are extremely well supported club by fans, only hooliganism remotely exists when they face Zurich
Are you Swiss? Kuchikäschtli 😁

Loki

Frenkie is back after 5 months.
GYzD0uIWYAIZhpO

Illuminator

No chance of winning CL, even top 8 after groupphase is not that realistic considering barcas cl stagefright. I would have preferred to go all-in in La Liga, there i see a chance with both Madrid sides already dropping points. So i don't understand bringing full force against Bern in trade of giving away the game against Osasuna.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Think the Monaco match fucked up his calculations. Flick was probably banking on a point or three from that match, so he can rest up players for this match, rather than the Osasuna one.

This should be a comfortable match.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Dude dont underrate young Boys, they have beaten galatasaray and will be 110% motivated to play against Barca

and after the loss against Monaco we cant risk anything

in ll at least we have still the first spot

in cl we need 3 points today, we have some though away matches
100% exactly this.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

No chance of winning CL, even top 8 after groupphase is not that realistic considering barcas cl stagefright. I would have preferred to go all-in in La Liga, there i see a chance with both Madrid sides already dropping points. So i don't understand bringing full force against Bern in trade of giving away the game against Osasuna.

dude we would have nearly won it last season if Araujo wouldnt done the stupid move which ended with a red card

it's better to try both to win instead of only focusing on 1 title

serghei

dude we would have nearly won it last season if Araujo wouldnt done the stupid move which ended with a red card

it's better to try both to win instead of only focusing on 1 title

Hold your horses, semifinal vs Dortmund would've been 50-50 affair. And a loss in the final was likely vs Madrid even if we got through the germans.

serghei

CL stage for our team at the moment is quarterfinal. It's gonna take a lot to make the semis. I don't see it personally, too soon.

Home of Barca Fans