CL Round 2: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 2-0

Horatio

You're welcome
Our Barca is able to take on whole of Serie A. Bayern likely at Camp Nou. With Real will be a close tie. Liverpool and Man City and PSG are likely still stronger than us. We can take on Chelsea. We have come a long way already but we are not there yet.

Heck maybe we can take on Liverpool.

Last edited:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I'm still DEVASTATED.

Life is so unfair man.

Same here. I just want to have that proud satisfying feeling after beating Bayern and it finally relieving the players. We have one more opportunity at home. Its hurting the fans so much its sad to think how much it hurts the players.

fergus90

Bayern were lucky they didn’t go into half time 3-0 down and it was a stonewall penalty too. Granted the game is 90 minutes not 60 minutes but this performance showed Barca can compete and if they go in with that lead it’s a different game.

Also it might not be the greatest Bayern Munich team of all time but it’s far from the worst. I would fancy us to beat them at Camp Nou. Wining away in Europe is not easy, when Liverpool won their Cl in 18/19, they lost basically all their away fixtures.

Real lost away to PSG and City last year too. First and foremost it’s about making your home stadium a fortress in Europe and then being competitive away which Barca were. It’s the most promising away European performance I’ve seen in a long time.

ajnotkeith

Bayern were lucky they didn’t go into half time 3-0 down and it was a stonewall penalty too. Granted the game is 90 minutes not 60 minutes but this performance showed Barca can compete and if they go in with that lead it’s a different game.

Also it might not be the greatest Bayern Munich team of all time but it’s far from the worst. I would fancy us to beat them at Camp Nou. Wining away in Europe is not easy, when Liverpool won their Cl in 18/19, they lost basically all their away fixtures.

Real lost away to PSG and City last year too. First and foremost it’s about making your home stadium a fortress in Europe and then being competitive away which Barca were. It’s the most promising away European performance I’ve seen in a long time.

3-0 on 0.8 xG? They were decent chances but usually unless you're Real you don't overperform your xG that much on big European away nights. Perhaps if we found one goal though we would have gained momentum and added more.

And there's no denying that Bayern is in a bad moment right now. They draw like 5 times a season in Bundesliga and they've already drawn 3 times in the first 6 games. Looking at their play yesterday it looked like they had a Lewa shaped hole in the middle of their attack, they really lack a striker.

It was a decent performance, but I feel they had a bad day and we could and should have taken advantage.

CatalinR10

Its hurting the fans so much its sad to think how much it hurts the players.

I don't think it hurts them much at all tbh. They get to be sad for like 2 hours untill they get home to their mansions , remember that they're venerated like gods and are multi millionaires while the fans keep being depressed for months while doing their shit 9 to 5.

MagIX

I don't think it hurts them much at all tbh. They get to be sad for like 2 hours untill they get home to their mansions , remember that they're venerated like gods and are multi millionaires while the fans keep being depressed for months while doing their shit 9 to 5.

+ 1000

Windhook

Bayern Munich have this foothold on German transfer market, they can always regenerate a great squad with a mixture of Bundesliga signings and academy. One of the reasons Lewandowski left Bayern was their interest in signing Haaland from Dortmund. You don't leave a well-oiled machine for no reason.

So I'm nowhere near the opinion this is a mediocre Bayern. Sadio Mane might be in a bad run of scoreless games, but this team is still one of the favorites to win CL this year.

P.S. - I'm glad Bayern's troll icon Thomas Muller didn't score last night on his birthday. He had a poor game. I have no sympathy for the Inzaghis of the game of football.

diDi7

P.S. - I'm glad Bayern's troll icon Thomas Muller didn't score last night on his birthday. He had a poor game. I have no sympathy for the Inzaghis of the game of football.

His house got robbed last night if that makes you feel any better. :bartomeu:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

lol true + have a topmodel woman at home

Jaguar

Flair Trait

I like to think majority of the players have a lot of their mind on their profession. Pedri not interested in tattoos or fancy haircuts as he's too focused in the game. So I'd like to think he desperately wants to win against Bayern regardless of money, hopefully other players like that or no point in even trying.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Choose life

Sooke

We could easily win this one 2:4 and be ahead 0:3 at halftime. Unfortunately, Pedri missed two very clean chances for goal, and it was obvious that Mr.Lewandowski does not want to hurt his former team. He should turn into goals at least 2 of his 4 chances. At the other end of the field, usually stable Araujo and Kounde made some critical mistakes, and the Bavarians took advantage of it. Dembele did not had a good game either.
Let's be realistic. This Barcelona team is not yet Champions League contender. We are going to the right direction, but not there yet. City, Bayern, PSG and even troublesome Liverpool teams are better at this level.

Home of Barca Fans