CL | Round 6: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 3-0

Rassvet

The club as a whole hasn't recovered psychologically from the Roma and Liverpool debacles. The warning signs were there before with heavy defeats to PSG and Juve but everyone ignored them.
If we get another mauling from Bayern it may traumatise these kids for years to come.

yeah it’ll be EV’s fault if we lose this one LMAO

iniestaGOAT

Reality is going to hit hard on Tueday evening.

I cannot see a scenario where we'll win unless Bayern play like they don't even want to be out there. Alba alone is probably going to shit himself and lead to a couple of chances for them.

As long as they play their hearts out and compete I'll be happy. This attack cannot win you games like this and weak links like Alba, Pique, Busquets when under pressure and of course that German Freezer.

I would give Kiev 50% chance of getting a draw. Depending on how much effort Kiev and Munich put in cause they both have nothing to play for anything is possible

iniestaGOAT

Bayern love beating up on weak teams only to get exposed versus the strong ones. For all their chest thumping, only 2 CL in last 12 years since their "domination" began.

Facts only.

I remember wanting them to beat Madrid and failing like bitches.

mc_lovin

We really shouldn't play (too) defensive. I still have ptsd from the first game against them. Most disgraceful tactical setup I have seen from us. Would rather see us "try" and lose 5-0.

Generally you would think stacking the midfield with Nico, Gavi, Busquets and Frenkie with Dembele as an outlet upfront shouldn't be torn apart easily, but it's hard to trust our defense.

raskolnikov

Ik expecting atleast a 3-0 defeat. We wont score.
Put big money on bayern, atleast get some money out of our misery.

OVI9323

I'll not blame Xavi even if we get an hard defeat. May sound pessimist but be it a 4-4-2 or a 3-4-3, there's no system that will make us coherent in our defensive formation with the player that we have.

And i'll not count on Bayern throwing this game, they'll come with a gladiator mindset and if they can destroy us, they will

ajnotkeith

We really shouldn't play (too) defensive. I still have ptsd from the first game against them. Most disgraceful tactical setup I have seen from us. Would rather see us "try" and lose 5-0.

Generally you would think stacking the midfield with Nico, Gavi, Busquets and Frenkie with Dembele as an outlet upfront shouldn't be torn apart easily, but it's hard to trust our defense.

We just don't have any variation or balance in our squad profiles, or it would be easier to make a defensive setup sometimes. There is a ton of the same profiles and no real variation. A ton of inside wingers, a ton of possession midfielders who don't defend, no actual strikers, etc,

Looking back, it would have been better if we kept the bunch of squad player guys we let go. We aren't making signings for a while anyway and we are still over the salary cap with all our losses moved to this year. Perhaps the various Ilaix/Trincao/Manaj/Konrad would have offered us some different solutions and profiles to play even if they weren't up to par. You look at our squad and it's really hard to set it up differently rather than boring possession systems and that gets fucked against good teams.

With that being said, we will be overrun in midfield if we try to play our usual possession game. Betis was outplaying us for a good part of the game in midfield and obviously Bayern's quality and physicality is a level above.

If I was Xavi, I look to stack the midfield in a 4-5-1 type system so we aren't easy to bypass and to stop the ball getting to their forward line.

mc_lovin

My hope is that Dembele with his pace makes all the difference in the world for us. Would be nice to not get pressed to death for once in midfield/defense if Bayern has legitimate fear of counter attacks.

High profile games were all far to easy for our opponents with only Messi, Griezmann, Coutinho and Suarez upfront.

iniestaGOAT

so all the more possible that bayern will throw the match away. our only chance basically.

kiev has nothing to play for in lisbon. so don't expect anything there.

I dont think Bayern will throw the game away, neither will kiev. Going by the last game they played against each other which was also pretty much meaningless.

Anyway we gotta hope for the best.

malvolio

I dont think Bayern will throw the game away, neither will kiev. Going by the last game they played against each other which was also pretty much meaningless.

Anyway we gotta hope for the best.

stranger things have happened. it's a long shot for bayern to not care all that much, just saying that's our only chance.

kiev - benfica was meaningless? it was their first game in the groups. the most important for both teams.

kiev might not throw the game away, but there is no real motivation for them. maybe the money they would get for a win in the CL?

iniestaGOAT

stranger things have happened. it's a long shot for bayern to not care all that much, just saying that's our only chance.

kiev - benfica was meaningless? it was their first game in the groups. the most important for both teams.

kiev might not throw the game away, but there is no real motivation for them. maybe the money they would get for a win in the CL?

No, kiev bayern last game. Not kiev benfica.

Home of Barca Fans