CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Wonderful performance against very tough opposition. Bayern came to win of course and did not sit back behind the ball which made the game more interesting to watch.

But I never understood Pep's tactics yesterday.

We do not have the wingers. We have an unfit central midfield - all of the players apart from Alonso came back from longer injuries. This midfield - even in shape - is not the most dynamic in the world and even with the wingers we do not have a Messi in the team. Müller and Lewy are phenomenal players - different to Robben and Ribery - but you need to play to their strengths.

Against Dortmund with an out of form Reus and sprinter Aubemeyang and Kagawa or Kampl we sit deep and do not play on ball possession. And go on counters. We often played on the break in the recent weeks and with long balls and were successful.

Against Barca we try to win the possession duel and have a very high line. And move the ball so slowly forward that at the end your defense was sorted. The only big chance Bayern had - and it could be that Lewy's mask at the end was the culprit for letting this chance go as it really was a 100% thing every striker just has to make - came after a long ball from Benatia when they caught your team in disarray.

I do not know if Pep yesterday wanted to win or if he just wanted to show his idea of the game itself.

I do not want Bayern to play like Mou or Chelsea - do not misinterpret that.

When Müller went of the field the lip reader read "When does this shit stop"... - he must feel like in "Groundhog Day" when the same story always repeats. He gets substituted and then the slapstick starts - over and over again...

Bayern was very lucky in the first half - but Neuer just was great. In the second half Bayern looked a lot better - and then gave the match out of hand in the last 15 minutes... Especially that last goal was just pure stupidity.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I believe that we were superior throughout almost the entire game outside of the first 10-15 minutes of the second half and a short 5 minutes period in the middle of the first half.

We played with much more intensity, we ran more, our players had many more successful dribbles, created many more dangerous passes, occasions and obviously scored 3 more goals.

Before the first goal we could have scored at least 2 goals with better finishing. Bayern really had little to counter us with other than possession. This is evident when they did not even have a single shot on target throughout the entire match. They were outplayed, as simple as that.

Their best player was Neuer. This should tell it all.

We simply wanted it more and if we believe the local media then the players really wanted to draw Bayern and prove a point and boy did they do that. I loved the intensity that we played with and emotion. Everyone could see how much our players wanted it. Nothing feels better than when hard work is rewarded.

Neymar,Alves and Pique should be on their toes.

Only if they receive a red card in the return leg. Otherwise it will not matter.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Alright, now that my tears have dried up :p a short statement: Barca played excellent, even if it looked like Bayern could hold out to a draw. Neuer was in top form also and was the main factor why Bayern managed to stay in the game as long as they did.
From minute 45 to 70 it looked like Pep had masterminded Barca and neutralize them completely. But once Bernat, who was terrible all night and clearly out of his depth (how much I missed Alaba yesterday, cannot be put into words), not just because of his crucial mistake, had his major brain-fart, there was nothing Neuer could have done against Messi's almost perfect strike. Strong play by Alves right before said strike though.
Following Barca's lead, it was like the previous 25 minutes had not happened and Bayern were like scared little chicken while Barca gained a second breath.
Then, after Bernat allowed Messi to enter the box unchallenged from the right, Boateng turned into Blunderteng once more just because Messi moved his hips a little. With Blunderteng literally rolling over, not even Neuer could deny Messi's brilliance that was exemplified in that lob.
The third, marking the death of Bayern in this tie, the result of another individual error of Dante-like proportions this time made by Schwein himself, clearly indicated that some if not even many individuals in this Bayern squad are simply past their best. Lahm and Alonso were also fairly horrible all-in-all. Seeing how slow Lahm was as DM/CM, I could not even imagine what he would look like as a RB atm. Probably just a shadow of the formerly best RB in the world...

Even all that aside, it was evident that Barca posessed a certain hunger, a will to go the extra mile, just like Bayern in 2013. I think it highly unlikely that Barca will not be crowned Champion of the CL this year. Seeing how they had the toughest route to Berlin anyways, it would also be well-deserved, not a question about it. A Bayern in full-strength might have been a different beast yesterday, but I think in the end, Barca would probably still have edged it by a goal or away goals.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Do you think Bayern can turn it around? It's loud there and an early goal could lead to a nervy night.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

a2552460-f499-11e4-b6a2-e16c9b876d4d_gotze_blog.jpg

The fucktard... Dribbles like a 5 year old, just to pass back seconds later anyhow and isn't touched by a hevy loss like that at all. Not even a 2. Bundesliga player anymore in terms of quality. He either needs to get his shit together quickly, or needs to be gone. This is Bayern, not some Karnevalsverein.

barca1899

But what if they get 1 yellow in the return leg? They will have 2 yellows in total. Will they be allowed to play the final?

Yes, you need 3 yellows to get suspended. As UEFA changed the rules this year that all cards gathered are erased after the quarters it's impossible to get suspended via yellows.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Do you think Bayern can turn it around? It's loud there and an early goal could lead to a nervy night.

With their full team, MAYBE, and that is a big maybe. In this current condition and the psychological disadvantage? No way in hell.

Home of Barca Fans